Best PC for Studio Neo and HS2

SaiVerse

Game Developer
Jul 4, 2023
Hi, I started developing a game using honey select 2 and in studio neo and it takes a long time to load all the asets and scenes, and when creating a character every time I want to change something there is a 5-10 second lag/freeze, it's very annoying. I've found it's best to have the game installed at the beginning of the root folder on the disk, and ideally have it on a secondary drive that doesn't have the system installed. I've tried this and loading scenes in studio is considerably faster, however there's still quite a long wait time to add characters and lags in character editing...
By the way, I have the latest version of HS2 installed correctly.
Here some info on my hardware
i5 10300H
RTX 2060 - VRAM 6GB
16gb ram ddr4
3500 MB/s read NVMe ssd

Now the question is how to optimize performance in HS2 and studio neo?
What is the budget build for best performance of HS2 and studio neo?

What will most significantly improve performance?
Increasing the capacity to 32GB of RAM?
Faster NVMe with PCIe 4.0. 7000 MB/s?

DDD4 3200 mhz vs DDR5 5200 mhz?
Does a better processor have an impact? Ryzen 7700 vs 5600
More GPU VRAM?

Now I know that questions like if additional 16 GB ram will help is pretty stupid, sure it will help, but if it will help in a way that will solve the mentioned freezing problem... I don't know and it is quite costly to find out myself. That's why I'm asking if anyone has experience with this, or what PC spec you have and does it work for you without any problems.

I have searched for a long time and found no tests anywhere, I don't know if HS2 and studio neo is CPU intensive or more GPU intensive, for me it uses roughly only 30% CPU and 30% GPU and 100% VRAM in studio with scenes... I also found some problems with rtx 20xx and 30xx graphics cards using 100% GPU with low FPS and no solution.
I hope this thread will be helpful to others.

RobotMenace

Feb 28, 2022
How much of your RAM is being used? Reported VRAM usage is generally what was requested/allocated, not what is actually being used, and some apps/games request as much as possible even if they won't use it. RAM copies to the GPU are relatively fast but if you're constantly hitting swap/paging file that would be a massive hit on performance.

SaiVerse

Game Developer
Jul 4, 2023
Ram is normally used around 50% in studio and HS2
CPU usually around 40% and GPU mostly 99%, but that's probably the RTX series bug.
I noticed that when loading assets, the usage of CPU, RAM, and GPU is almost 0. So I guess it just depends on the speed of the disk, and the optimization of the program...
according to other users it doesn't even matter on the number of loaded assets, someone who has over 1000 characters had the same loading time as with only 10.