Best setting for VN

RandomFarmer

Jul 3, 2017
So, I was wandering,as I'm about to start a VN, as to what is the most attractive setting you want to play in as a male protag. Medieval, modern, sci-fi, with superpowers or real, fantasy etc..

Or something, so uncomfortably, in-between:

S0P14.png

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
No offense but this same question with that title has been asked lots of times, you could use the search function to get more and faster answers.

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Is that artwork yours? If it is I'm assuming you plan on using Daz for the artwork. Just keep in mind that unless the setting is an integral element of the story, your setting will limit the assets at your disposal. Something to keep in mind while you are in the planning phase.

Reactions: scrumbles

RandomFarmer

Jul 3, 2017
Is that artwork yours? If it is I'm assuming you plan on using Daz for the artwork. Just keep in mind that unless the setting is an integral element of the story, your setting will limit the assets at your disposal. Something to keep in mind while you are in the planning phase.
It is. I'm still on the writing phase where a lot of ideas are floating around.
In the meantime I'm hoarding an asset i can get.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
So, I was wandering,as I'm about to start a VN, as to what is the most attractive setting you want to play in as a male protag. Medieval, modern, sci-fi, with superpowers or real, fantasy etc..
And what if you choose the setting you feel the more at ease with, the one you're confident enough that you can write a coherent and interesting story in it ?

You'll never become rich just because you made a game, and anyway you'll never earn enough to live right from the start. Therefore, seeking for the right market isn't the way to go. Go for the story you want to write, in the setting you want it to be, and perhaps that you'll succeed one day.
But what is sure is that, unless you're an amazing writer with amazing rendering capabilities, going for what you think will lead to the more money, will in fact lead to failure. You'll not be at ease with the story, you'll force yourself and it will be seen in the game. You'll perhaps achieve to have a fan base, but with less than 10% of the authors making a living from their passion, you'll more than surely be on the wrong size of success.