VN - Ren'Py - Beyond Tomorrow [Ch.1] [Dream Games]

1. 4.00 star(s)

KnightOwlSC

An interesting story.. beautiful women.. great renders.. great music. No animations BUT the dev gives a good reason why and says they plan on fixing that in the future so that's forgivable.

The only thing that keeps this from being a 5 star game is the problematic English that pulls you out of the story just enough to ruin the emotional impact of the scenes. I'm hoping the dev can find a native English speaker who can point out weirdness in the phrasing/word choice so I can come back and give this a well deserved 5 star review in the future.

For now.. download it and enjoy what we've been given.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

veibvux

I didn't find any part of this game to be interesting or intriguing. I am glad it is a small game and didn't have to waste much time playing it. The girls are not attractive at all unless you like them either bald, with tattoos, or piercings. It was bad enough that the dev didn't add any animations but to have almost no nudity at all, the game should be rated PG-13.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

thorvaldsson

chapter 1: Very promising start to a story with real emotion and complicated family dynamics. The MC seems admirable, hard-working and attractive, not just another fuckboy NEET. I can believe that his smoking-hot girlfriend is actually into him.

Art is great, and the developer promises more animation when they can afford to upgrade their hardware. My only complaint is that a lot of the art is too dark to be visible on my laptop in a sunny room.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

yossa999

My little stash of story-based games just got another gem. Although the first chapter is more of a prologue, we only get to know the main characters and the situation they find themselves in, still I very like what I see. Beautiful characters, really great renders (all the more impressive, given that the dev does not have the best graphics hardware), a dramatic plot, but not without bright and funny moments, soothing background music and several deep emotional scenes, that's what you will see in this game. Excellent work!