Beyond White Figures

lostboy

Jul 9, 2017
Ive got DAZ in my computer but I have a problem Im scratching my head about. Granted Im just learning this so...But every time I load a figure they come out almost glowing white. Im guessing this is some kind of a lighting thing and it doesnt seem to matter what character I load it stays the same! Help is very welcome at this point...Thanks Screen Problem.jpg

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
It looks like your problem may be that you're in Filament, top right of the viewport and just to the left of where it says "Perspective View". Hit that and go down to "Texture Shaded". That should fix it, provided that's your problem. If it's not that, it could be some sort of skin texture issue, but likely not the case seeing as you're using the default figure that comes with the Daz/Genesis package.

Untitled.png

Reactions: osanaiko

lostboy

Jul 9, 2017
Yup...that was it alright. Thank you sooooooo much. Wonder what caused the setting to change though. Its been doing this from the moment I installed it...strange. Well looks like I might be able to absorb some of this now. All the best to you...

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I think filament is the default by now.
Just remember when you close Daz it will "remember" the settings you currently have selected, so if you close daz with filament selected, it will have filament selected the next time you open it. Same goes for iray preview (which can cause Daz to takes ages to open).

lostboy

Jul 9, 2017
Much thanks...I think its beginning to make sense...Be lost without the input here...:)

Last edited: