Ren'Py - Big Brother: Another Story Rebuild [v0.04.02] [Aleksey90]

1. 1.00 star(s)

fondleless

Waste of fucking time, with horrible grind and really boring setting. The lazyness from devs in this game is so apparent.

The 3Dcgs are mediocre and feel kinda old, the characters are pretty standard but god do the sandbox mechanics suck major ass. It feels like there is no progress whatsoever only to find out there isnt any real content afterall. Sad state.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Smog

First off I would rate the legacy BBAS better than 1 star. Despite being a direct copy of DarkSilvers work, it freshened things up enough to be worth playing.

The rebuild, 1 year into development is certainly a profitable idea. Re-resell the original experience you already copied from. Mimimal new content to justify its existence. However the updates are slower, smaller, the writing, clunkier than the decade old game it has copied (imo). A pity. I'd look elsewhere for a full BB experience in your lifetime.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Vincent Valentine

Version 0.9 of the game has been a delightful surprise towards the end of the year, especially when I thought I wouldn't find any good games. However, some significant drawbacks prevent me from ranking it too high in the top 10. I must confess that I enjoy games that are slow in seduction and require precision, which doesn't bother me at all. But this one is sometimes torture. The battle between Eric and the MC is uneven and unfair, especially at the beginning and in the first part. The worst part is that stealth points or any other stat increase are poorly rewarded and take way too long. It deprives the joy of the game because the reward at the end doesn't match the anticipation or the effort put in, sometimes not even leading to a simple kiss. While I don't mind repeating actions for the sake of rhythm, this is too much. After about fifteen hours, maybe I wasn't playing optimally, I had to resort to cheating, something I've never done before. The required stat was so low, and even with an 80% chance, it sometimes failed, requiring a week in the game to try again. Yes, there are saves, but wanting to play honestly feels like a punishment. The competition with Eric and the slow progression of stats are, in my opinion, the worst aspects of the game, sometimes leading to disappointment.

However, there are numerous positive aspects! The girls are perfect, their beauty and attachment are incredible, and even though they are few, you never get tired of them – a rarity. The plans and staging are sharp, well-framed. While the story may not be a narrative masterpiece, there are plenty of original ideas and unique moments. The sandbox is perfect, providing helpful hints without giving away the solution every time. Knowing where the girls are without clicking a hundred times on other locations for events is a relief. The atmosphere is noteworthy too, with sounds and music adding to the overall experience, even if there's a minor bug with the music when being spotted.

In conclusion, it's a very good game with many strengths as a well-designed sandbox. It's on the verge of making it into my top 10, and it's unfortunate that it ends like this, even if it's for a good cause. I would eagerly support a new game from this team, as I'm sure it would be worth it.

V 0.3 : The 0.3 version is brilliant. It brings many small additions and seems to have taken into account feedback and flaws from the previous version. I strongly hope for two things, or else it would be a scandal! Firstly, that the game is as long and, above all, complete. I'm even afraid that updates will take a long time, and we won't see the end before at least a year, which is horrible given that I won't play the game only partially! Secondly, I hope that, in addition to the additions, we'll find all the content from version 0.9, which, after doing everything, is clearly the best version of BB so far. Here, the MC is one of the most logical ones I've come across; it's relatable. I much prefer having a view of the levels; the interface and menu are much better, everything is clearer, with a lot more explanations. Not only are the girls still as beautiful, but the music is top-notch!! Now, we don't want to stop playing the game, not just for the girls but also for the music. In fact, this version only has positives and fixes the negatives, which is what we ask for, especially when we support and pay for it. The only horrible part remains the production time and updates... If it picks up everything and even more than version 0.9, then yes, its place in my top 5 is guaranteed. But when? ^^'
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Savor

Story is mostly the same of the remake and will take lots of years to get lots of content again but that's all bad i can say about this one.

everything else is greatly improved, renders look really good and are way more sexy.

the sandbox now makes sense since you get different hot scenes at different times.

and at last the ui is really great and grind is greatly reduced to just the important story parts.

The most negative reviews are just tired of the same story and upset that this game starts over.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

r_o_u_k

It looks like a very promising rebuild. The general UI overhaul makes the game way more enjoyable. The inside code also looks rather solid (as far as unrpyc can show files...)

With more content, this could very well be the best BB game out there. Let's hope it won't be abandoned in a few months.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

dhenfreitas

I honestly have way more fun with this one, than with the boring Glamour...
    Never got it why he decided to diverge to that one, since he even recreated Big Brother inside Glamour lol
    Anyway, it's a shame this one is always so incomplete, feels like that when the slow corruption is going on, the game is amazing, but after they start to walk naked in the house, the game gets a mass and there's nothing else to do, so he reboot the whole story
    It could "preserve" more the nudity, instead of just throwing it at random, and creating more explorative ways for them to be real exhibionists
  7. 5.00 star(s)

OnlyTomatillo

Despite the slow progress, the original Another Story version was fantastic, and the rebuild version could shape up to be even better, the graphics are outstanding, and the reduced grind is welcome.

I guess I just have a soft spot for the Big Brother story.
  8. 1.00 star(s)

DigDug69

I have seen far too many re-releases of this game, with none of them ever being properly finished, for the re-releases to be anything other than milking the people for cash.

The story concept is tired and worn out, with zero effort really being put into bringing out something new and enjoyable.

I will never again even consider trying any of the future re releases of this game or anything by the dev, because the stories never get finished...
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Caricatu

Good job! Wait update...
    Comparing all versions of fan remakes of the original game, this game was my favorite. It's just a shame there's not much content, but I hope there's more to come.
    I really liked that they even recycled footage from the original story. It's fun to read an old story, but with new renderings.
  10. 1.00 star(s)

SicFran

The updated looks really good as well as the updated UI, but dropping all in favor or "Redoing" the whole thing again is either a VERY bad call or a shameless cash grab. I mean there will be most likely another generation born and raised until we are on the same level of content as the previous iteration.
  11. 1.00 star(s)

Deleted member 3134271

This is a Suburban Harem game, and the template goes as follows:

You play as an unassuming, conventionally attractive young man with no noteworthy traits, except your dick is big (sometimes merely large, other times you're a mutant in the size department). Any possible father figure is either absent entirely, or a deadbeat loser. You cohabitate with at least 2 of the following:
    1. A hot, doting milf who probably doesn't look anywhere old enough to have a teenage/young adult son
    2. A sassy, bitchy older sister who inexplicably hates your guts
    3. A naive/tomboyish younger sister who looks up to you
    4. An aunt who's basically the mother but more perverted/slutty

Big Brother: Another Story Rebuild (or just BB for short) fits this to a tee. There's no thru-story to speak of. The gameplay loop is repeating actions to grind up your Stealth and Persuasion stat. It's pretty boring. Also, there's next to no content. You peep on your family a bit. That, and it's an ESL game, with very janky English that hurts any of these characters sounding like real people.

Apparently the dev keeps rebuilding the game when there's no reason for it. This template is a dime a dozen and there's no unique hook, so why pour so much energy into it? Just push it out and make another one.

Disclaimer: I used a cheat mod to circumvent the grind. My suspicions were correct that there is no real gameplay, just repeating shit over and over, then the build ends, with no real progression. It's not really worth anyone's time, because there are literally dozens of identical games on here that offer more.
  12. 1.00 star(s)

EnterYourNameHere

Just a rebuild of a rebuild of a rebuild.

Summary:
    + good graphics
    - no content after 3 years
    - pretty much the same story of all the BB games
    - same gameplay / same UI / same everything

Dont get too friendly with the game. Once it reach a bit content the dev decide to rebuild the whole game. Means, everything will get "fresher" (better graphics and so on) but removes all existing content and "restart" the game. As I told, 3 years in development but all you can do is spy on your family members. I would not expect the game will be finished in the next 20 years.
  13. 1.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2755092

Unfortunately, the new version is as disappointing as most of us expected it to be.

There's no content, the grind for stats and money is already there and is already showing as well. You can no longer edit your saves to help in bypassing the grind either, which will make the game atrociously unbearable very quickly.

The renders do look better than in the original one, but that's all this game has going for it.

You also get spammed with a stat/quest status update menu on the left side, virtually non stop. It is beyond annoying considering that for some mystical reason, it remains there from time to time, obfuscating nearly 1/4th of the screen.

I wouldn't recommend this game until it is MUCH further in development, and until either the saves can be edited, or a cheat mod comes around. As it stands, this game is not worth anyone's time anymore.
  14. 1.00 star(s)

Zantetsuken123

I had high hopes for this remake when I saw how good the developer was and what he initially said about his frustration with the original developer of BB. However he seems to have been steadily following his steps in terms of slow development and the seemingly never ending cycles of bullshit and the approach of having a game developed forever to keep subscribers paying...
    This game must be cursed.
  15. 4.00 star(s)

Z2

Was not looking forward to yet another reboot of Big Brother so wasn't expecting much, I was pleasantly suprised by this reboot, the interface and game play was a lot smoother than the others. Definitely looking forward to the next release so I can better judge the gameplay.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Henry@1978

I loved this new version, I hope they keep doing it. It seems to me that this installment was very short but much more dynamic and better graphics. Although it wouldn't hurt to put new things in the story
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Aleharrison

I didn't know the original BB game. But I found this one and I like it a lot, good story for me. Very good quality of renders. And tbh this is not the grindiest game I've played, and I think in this case it works out. Overall a pretty nice game.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Sōsuke Aizen

At first I want to Thanks to Developer This game is so good for me I did play every Big Brother game but I think this game is better Because Developer add Details in Watching Spycam and Spy scenes for Girls Changing clothes .The most thing i like this game is Developer using Ren'py Engine That make me to play the game smoothly not like Unity game Original Big Brother game is made by Unity so that make me lag amd crash when playing game so i hate Unity games Well Keep going Developer and I am looking for Mc and Ann sex scenes
  19. 1.00 star(s)

thesantino

one would think they'd learn from the original game and maybe do something about the torturing grind, but no. it's even worse in this one lmao. don't even bother downloading if you have a life you enjoy living
  20. 1.00 star(s)

Lone Dog

Hours of grind with barely any content, every quest force you to do the same thing over and over,so.. skipping days, tons of clicks and not so much to see,cant recommend it(your hand will be tired and not the way you want...).