Ren'Py - Big City's Pleasures [v0.8.0] [Porcus]

1. 1.00 star(s)

PhoenixRage23

I'm really not sure how this game is getting any 5 star reviews. It had real potential but has fallen flat really quick. The models are all outdated and the "animations" are nothing worth writing home about. It seems storyline updates are slower than a glacier and most of the women in the game haven't had any storyline updates for years. The dev doesn't seem to know which direction to take for the overall storyline arc. Some characters haven't had anything new since the game started however many years ago.

With very few events happening outside of the MC's living place and slow updates the game should either be wrapped up or abandoned this point.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Antera

Ugly idiot Mc? - check
    Missing tags of game? (not everyone is into watching main LI pounded by other dude) - check
    LIs acting like you don't exist? - check
    MC having double personality? - check
    Story? what story? - check

Is it good game? no
    Is it worth checking it out? unless you don't value your time, no
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Veroxis

Dove into this Adult Visual Novel with hope, but the story fell flat - uninteresting and forgettable. Development crawled at a snail's pace, testing my patience. Some characters shone, but too few. Gameplay? Not my cup of tea. Disappointing overall; missed the mark on what makes a compelling experience
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Vwpartsman

Interesting story so far and sandbox is set up quite well. Looking forward to future updates especially with the goth girls. The women are unique, modeled well, and come with very different personalities.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Seveas

God, this game was a challenging at times, but what an experience it was. I don't really like sandbox mechanics, but I decided to power through. The hint system was really helpful and without it I wouldn't even have tried.
    However, I have to say that the sandbox experience with this game was not too bad overall, albeit a little repetitive at times.

There are not many choices to make, and there were many scenes where I wished for the option to make the MC do something differently. This is also something I powered through while grinding my teeth.

Some of the girls make you feel like you are just another guy in their life, which might be realistic but not necessarily something you want hear in a game like this.

On the other hand, the MC seems to build a bond with them over time, which I felt was beautiful. I've lost count at how many times I had to smile at the scenes with Jessy, there was just something innocently cute with her.

What I really liked:
    I love the characters. It's hard to say what exactly is the reason, but they feel relatively life-like with some depth. People are not inherently good or bad, they have multiple sides to them.
    This also applies to a degree to the MC, who is overly horny at times (borderline rapey at night, which I don't like) but also appears to be able to introspect.

Some of the scenes were also pretty good, depending on whether you like the girl or not. I in particular liked most of the Jessy and Gina scenes and the date with Gina was just fantastic. However, I wished for more of the scenes to be decorated with text instead of being a sequence of animations.

It's a long sandbox game with lots of content and it feels less shallow than most of the other games I've played! Also has fitting music, ranging from tragic to sensual.

Overall I really enjoyed my time and will continue to play future updates, so if you can deal with the above points I would recommend you to give it a try!
    Also, I really hope to see more of the family content soon!
  6. 2.00 star(s)

LWtbo

Sometimes I have to curse my bad memory because I vaguely remebered playing this game.
    So I thought I would gve it a second go BIG mistake!.
    I had forgotten why I stopped playing this but I was quickly reminded.
    And It's not because its Sand box it's because there is no real choice it's all forced.
    Forced FootJob's Forced FemDom and a utterly clueless, easily led, semi perverted Simp of an MC.
    It's not a really a game if you have no choice in what happends.
    And no I don't count having to avoid a certain place, on a cetain day at a certain time.
    Just to avoid some forced sex act with a certain someone as a real choice.
    Well that retry explains why I had deleted it last time and why the same fate befell it this time.
    The render's are good hence two stars but thats the only good thing about it.
    Oh well time to move on.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

Harem Trooper

11GB in, played for 2 days now... the grind is relentless. Firstly, if you're uncomfortable with the main Love Interest being involved sexually with other guys, skip this now. I read comments that gave me a heads up, but the initial impression was that it was a minor occurrence. However, delving into the game reveals that nearly half of the female cast has such encounters. In my playthrough, I haven't witnessed it directly, but the developer's comments hint at more planned scenes, some avoidable skipable through blurred visuals or background occurrences.

Secondly, the grind. To be fair, there are worse sandbox games out there. This one stands out due to its UI, hint system, and progress log. Yet, it demands repeating activities 10-20 times each, often restricting progress to specific in-game days and times. If you miss these, you must return next week and grind again. While aiming for an immersive school/college experience, this approach falls short. Although there's minor progress in these repetitions, they mostly feel like filler. In my playtime, around 80% of the experience followed this repetitive pattern. After an in-game week, you'll likely establish a monotonous routine for about 60% of the content, only adjusting slightly to pursue other characters.

Considering these factors, I'd recommend this game only if you're willing to invest ample time and aren't concerned about the main character's romantic involvement taking unexpected turns. The relationships appear more superficial than romantic or progressive. I approached it from a "Harem" perspective as promised, but it hasn't delivered on that aspect.

This leads me to my third point: the protagonist lacks depth. I wouldn't label him as a loser, but he seem to exist simply as a catalyst for events to occur around him. As the player, you "control" him in these events without any real influence, corruption, or even the expected goal of pursuing the main character romantically. By the way, the main LI still meets with Scott weekly for sex that aren't explicitly shown.

Lastly, the absence of meaningful choices is noticeable in this sandbox. Fetish content evolves gradually from femdom to minor sexual acts like HJ and BJ after a five-year progression.
  8. 1.00 star(s)

AlexMpog

Started playing the game not so long ago.
    What I can tell you so far? - At the start you get a scene where one of LIs is fucked by other dude, yes, she is in a relationship, yes he is her boyfriend and jada jada, I get that. But, for what purpose was this scene placed here at the first place? To make player annoyed or pissed? I can tolerate girls fucking with other dudes, whether it's NTR or not, but if I want to play game with that kind of fetish i will look for it. Anyways, where were we, oh, so, does this scene impact plot in any way? - No. Does it help to develop the story, to understand characters motivation and jada jada? - No.
    So, just why would dev place this scene in a game, which is supposed to be without netorare and other stuff, which can make you jealous?
    Yes, you can choose not to look , but it still happens.
    I was always wondering why devs do this thing? I mean NTR fans won't be satisfied and Non-NTR players will be annoyed.
    Anyway, it is what it is so far, we''ll see where this going.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

Vulgi

i won't torture you with my bad english .. so short and simple

Pro:
    Hot models (well mostly)

Neutral:
    Animations are short but "okay"

The MC is ... well.. i have seen worse xD

I run into a few bugs .. but nothing gamebreaking

Bad:
    It's grindy and not realy rewarding

The Teacher ... man i hate this woman

Mostly HJ / BJ for a game that will be 5 years old in a few month there is barely any action (especially if you are not into this teacher fetish stuff .. like me)

There is barely any story after the intro

So why 3 stars and not less? Well .. if the dev will shorten the grind .. add content and progress with the story .. it could be a decent game... also i like the redhead ;)
  10. 2.00 star(s)

Ive-11

ah shit, damn, oh noo, n fuck this bullshit :KEK:
    first i though the game gonna be a great good job but then there's come the bullshit, i've seen the review thing lot ppl complain bout grind stuff but still im ok with it,
    8/10 for render
    6/10 for characther the only chick i love is his roomate(sister) bestfrend aka the nympho chick
    4/10 yet first i though it gonna be great then later be a bullshit :HideThePain:
    3/10 content(sex) lot of fetish can't be avoded i mean it its a lot, like cum denial then make a move to his teacher(concelour) or even
    mostly i use 1/5 rate but for this i use 1/10, cuz this game not enough point if for less point
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Crowangel

The one piece of advise i'll give to anyone starting out reading this title is this.. Persist...
    The early going for the MC in this title is hard to bear (pun intended) He is annoying and feels like yet another weak MC Beta (as others would call him) However as the game progresses and 'lessons are learned' you will find the reasons for this and see the gradual and rewarding transformation of the character..
    The animations are great, Characters are beautiful and varied (id love to see the (last cigarette passer) member of the rebels become her own free character as thats 100% my type in terms of looks..
    Story starts slow and for a sandbox your going to need to keep an eye on the checklists and build a few things up over time but as is the norm with sandbox titles.. stick with it and its worthwhile..
    Writing is clear and easy to follow unlike some titles and i'm eager to see what comes as the updates continue..
    Personal Wish - That the LI's all have a romantic prospect as the paths build and not just feeling like the MC's childhood friend is the only true love.. Opening the doors to the others fully at some point instead of just being a fuck buddy is a must to allow the player a full choice who they like the most..
    Excellent title and prospect for the future
  12. 1.00 star(s)

ManifestDream

Rename the game to Scott's leftovers because that's what this is. First sex scene is main LI having sex with her bf (Scott) and cumming hard. Same guy also fucking another girl that's either a LI or side piece. All MC got so far is cum denial lol. What a mess. It's a shame because girls look real nice even today.

MC is another passive fella, nothing new especially for 2018 MCs. He's basically bumbling his way through the girls.
  13. 1.00 star(s)

Oh yeah it's only left na

Shit yeah that's it that the review for it.
    Renders- meh,okish but waste
    Story- shit,if there is any
    Character - i wish didn't existed
    Mc- i would love to emerge myself as the near by tree off course rather than being mc.
    Sloppy moments - well only reasonable thing here (what the fuck you expect when mc is biggest loser in their world?)
  14. 1.00 star(s)

christyphilip

GRINDFEST HERE. Also a bullshitting story. MC is weird, story is weird.
    It started nice and now ended up on a pile of crap
    NOTHING ELSE.
    Good renders tho.
    2.3/5

I got nothing more to say they make me type 200 characters for some reason so here you go.
  15. 1.00 star(s)

DonOps

To put it simply, this game is extremely weird.

There is no such thing as a story. The game begins with some background information and a subsequent event that prepares the player for the torture that follows.

The amount of grinding required in this game is disturbing. It's far from enjoyable. You know the deal when a game literally forces you to press your CTRL button to skip.

I'd say the render quality is good, and the animations are, at best, mediocre.

90% of the games' sexual events are masturbations or handjobs. I've already mentioned the grind, which goes for hours even with skipping, and you'll only be rewarded with more of that. After a few hours of playing, I thought I had finally unlocked something nice, but guess what? Handjobs again, this time in slow motion. I seriously pity this MC. He'll almost certainly lose his virginity very late game.

This game lacks realism in my opinion. Not only are the sexual interactions unrealistic, as any guy would have gotten much more in real life, but some of the sexual positions are also very strange. There was another scene after I gave a sleeping pill to one character. My hopes were ruined when I saw the MC getting a blowjob in the strangest position I'd ever seen in my life. It was as if he was attempting to shit on her face.

He is a shy guy according to the story, but a shy person wouldn't fuck someone's mouth like an orangutan.

Except for the render quality, I can't think of anything good about this game. I must admit that I had to stop playing this game at some point, and I didn't complete the update. My nerves simply couldn't take it any longer, but I'm sure there are others who would enjoy this type of content. For example, people who are primarily interested in masturbation or weird sex positions.

I just realized that this game has been in development for nearly 5 years. It doesn't have a lot of content. That was surprising.
  16. 4.00 star(s)

OldHorsefly

I've played this scene just over year. More you play more you demand of the game.

I played final v0.5.2 Uncensored

+ Great graphics
    + Fuckable college age characters and atleast one potential dream milf (megan):love:
    + Playable UI
    +- OK story
    - some bugs
    - grindish

I give this game 3,5 points. I finished the game with skipping and time forwarding some points, still very much worth of playing.
  17. 1.00 star(s)

DogzBallz

The grind is real. I finally understand why sandbox games are so hated on this forum.

The game is OK, the character models are pretty good, the animations are OK, the render quality is less than ideal, but watchable, the story? Is there a story? I thought there was a story, but I can't actually recollect one, Admittedly it has been more than an hour since I stopped playing it.

The GRIND!!!! You will not find a more pointlessly grindy game anywhere, there is a mini game where all you have to do is wait for 30 seconds, before the second part of the mini game where you have to wait for another 30 seconds. It is literally like the dev is actively trying throw the grindieness in your face . It is not always grindy, it is also repetitive. Grind wait, repeat, grind, wait, repeat.

There is around an hour of game play stretched to about a decade of real world time.

If you are into incessant mental self flagellation and have no better use for the limited heart beats you will surely love this game, otherwise I'd recommend doing yourself a favour by grabbing a fistful of sand and getting to work, it may not be overly enjoyable, but it will waste less of your time and the payoff may be worth it.
  18. 3.00 star(s)

HasbroMB

I really enjoyed this game at first. The Three's Company set-up is fun, and the opening party where you meet the potential harem, as well as starting the competition for the main love interest, was a great kick-off, one of the best beginnings for a VN I've encountered yet. But, it seems to me that with each update (which are fairly infrequent), the game gets... less enjoyable.

It's got this weird vibe, like a 50s romp with Sophia Loren and Marcello Mastroianni, veering wildly from lewd to sentimental, and the MC, a country bumpkin with a magic penis who is just now learning that women and sheep are different, is increasingly off-putting.

This is a game, with all the standard mechanics, time of day, specific locations to find people, and, of course, relationship points, which mean grind. I have a suggestion, grind-makers: Include a random chance of earning mega points with an event, like how in a JRPG once in a while you get a critical hit. I think that would go a long way to making grind more bearable.

The renders are generally excellent, although I find the sex scenes uneven. Some are quite creative in the posing and camera angles, such as when the roomates are watching TV. Others, such as in the pool, are rather flat and plain.

The Love Interest is wonderful - one of the most attractive characters I've encountered yet. Weird to say, I know, but I wish the pursuit of her had taken longer. Now they've had their nostalgia-laden walk in the mountains it seems things have become rather conventional. The competition with the bf was a great source of tension and plot.

The plot itself has become top-heavy, with more and more characters being added while the earlier ones stand around twiddling their thumbs.

I'm going to talk about a question of personal taste, now, but I'm not impressed with animations in general. The best ones, imho, are the short, little moments of movement between still scenes. The best example I can think of is in another game, one of a car window winding down. The longer and more elaborate the animation, the more the seams and cracks start to show. Figures move like marionettes. In this game, the earlier, shorter animations worked well, but they are becoming bigger, more complex, and really break the illusion. The Love Interest is a beautiful, confident, graceful young woman... until you see her walk. The Dev for this game, who is/are clearly very skilled in rendering, has great ambitions for animations. I think that's unfortunate. There's so much other potential here for something really special.
  19. 1.00 star(s)

dgreen1108

Too much bullshit with an MC who is lead around by his lower head, and thinks nothing of betraying a childhood friend. I was enjoying the game until the hot tub scene with his totally pussed out and cut a deal. Total bullshit gameplay, where choices are not really choices, just a break point for the linear story.
  20. 4.00 star(s)

w_Stew