Biggest achievement in 2021. Goals for 2022.

Bjorn1992

Oct 13, 2019
So I am curios, because due to the fact that 2021 was a crazy year for most of us due to the continuation of the pandemic, what was your biggest achievement this year and what do you hope to achieve next year?

For me the biggest achievement in 2021 was that I was able to quit smoking.
I'm 29 and been a smoker for the last 9 years.

My goal for the next year is to be able to move in my own home. Almost there! Need to put a little bit more money to the side for the furniture and appliances.

What are your achievements this year and goals for the next?

Happy new year to all of you and good health! Cheers! :giggle:(y)

Incombat

Apr 27, 2017
This seems like a good topic to wish everyone Happy New Year! Keep trucking, f95zone! This is a great community, if bit judgemental at times :p

Didn't have much in terms of achievements, though.. I guess I reconnected with one of my schoolmates after almost a decade, we talk regularly now.
Also did a bit of New Year resolution, bought gym pass (that I hadn't been to since like 2018) and did my first workout, enlisted and payed for dev online courses. But that should show results next year , wish me luck :)

Goal is to find employment in IT sphere or get paid for some freelance work.

Reactions: Bjorn1992
Oct 30, 2018
Congrats on quitting smoking amigo, I struggled with it in my late teens and early 20s so I know it's a bitch to break the habit.

Finally built up the nerve to quit my project management job of nearly a decade and go independent, and as a result started up a development house of my own. Hopefully next year we can get some deliverables out the door.

More importantly though I did a no death run of Dark Souls 3 this year.

Incombat

Apr 27, 2017
Congrats on quitting smoking amigo, I struggled with it in my late teens and early 20s so I know it's a bitch to break the habit.

Finally built up the nerve to quit my project management job of nearly a decade and go independent, and as a result started up a development house of my own. Hopefully next year we can get some deliverables out the door.

More importantly though I did a no death run of Dark Souls 3 this year.
If you managed no death run, I'm sure you can easily handle dev house. Good luck!

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Congrat, seriously. Just been able to drop from 7 to 5 the number of cigarillos I smoke, and definitively drop cigars, so yeah, dropping ciggies is a huge achievement.

My goal for the next year is to be able to move in my own home. Almost there! Need to put a little bit more money to the side for the furniture and appliances.
Furniture and appliances aren't necessarily this important. When we moved to our own home with my wife, for one year our bed was just a mattress. But the pleasure to have our own home, to live by ourselves, largely compensated this small inconvenient. Wait if you can, obviously, but also don't let a small lack of money stop you on this goal.
As long as you feel at home even if "this" or "that" are missing, there's two achievement in one here. The first one being to be able to have your own home, and the second to be able to furnish it completely. And there's no shame if you can't do both simultaneously.

Reactions: Bjorn1992

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
My main goals on 2022 are: Finally publishing my game here and some other sites, and start my patreon/subscribestar. Besides that, surviving in my country is a good enough goal for every year.

Even though we have to wait 5 hours to new year on my country, I wish everybody here a happy new year 2022 :D

EDIT: And my biggest achievement for 2021? learning Twine/HTML/JS. I'm still in the process but well...ah, and gather enough courage to actually showing my project to anyone else (first discord, then here on my devlog thread)

FruityChoco Studio

Game Developer
May 27, 2021
First, congratulations on quitting smoking! You dropped this crown, king!

And here's mine...
  • I lost 33 pounds, kinda got in "shape", but still on the way, loved the way I look in the mirror now!
  • Got my "first" job, it only lasted for 4 months, sadly, the company went bankrupt, but hey, I still got my "first" job, ever!
  • Released our game, right near the end of the year on Christmas!
And that's it I guess, 12 months and only 3 things worth mentioning I guess!

My plans/wishes for 2022
  • Our game is taking off, so we can save our miserable asses
  • Not have to worry about buying my family dinner/anything
  • The health of my family
Those are the 3 that I really wish from the bottom of my heart!

-PervyChoco (We're a duo, hence the name, but I'm speaking right now)

Reactions: Incombat
Jun 25, 2018
So I am curios, because due to the fact that 2021 was a crazy year for most of us due to the continuation of the pandemic, what was your biggest achievement this year and what do you hope to achieve next year?

What are your achievements this year and goals for the next?

Happy new year to all of you and good health! Cheers! :giggle:(y)
Congrats on quitting smoking. Keep it up!

For 2022 I'd like to stay consistent with my writing by releasing a chapter a month for the whole year, instead of a short burst of many chapters then nothing for a long time.