Bishop translated game?

Tatsuto1993

Oct 11, 2018
Hi, don't really know if this is the right place to ask this. Mostly because of curiosity, anybody knows why there is only 1 Bishop translated game (Sansha Mendan)? I mean, I think Lilith games have stronger content so I don't think is because of that, there are some interesting Bishop games like Ura Kyoushi, Kuro no Kyoushitsu and Chijoku no Seifuku. So I just wanted to ask if there's a special reason there is no more translated games. Also, is it posible to request their translation in the request section?

Johnny Jonson

Sep 17, 2020
Like the comment above I wanted to ask if there's anyone currently or planning to translate a Bishop game? If there's anyone who could answer it I would really appreciate it.

Aug 3, 2020
It looks like that Bishop game was fan translated, and a quick lookup of the person that did the translation makes it pretty clear:

Japanese developers don't want their games translated to English outside of official channels. I don't think its much of a jump as to why - almost all English readers have pirated these games. Therefore they feel the need to put pressure on these translators through whatever ways they can - including exposing the semi-anonymous translators and potentially risking their jobs.

Given that to be a translator you need to be proficient in both languages - it doesn't make any sense to risk your own career/money to translate a game for other people to enjoy when not doing so has no negative impact on you.