Others Partial WIP Black Conqueror: Lord of Tartanova [RJ01080136][Negative gang] ENG Translation ver. 0.1

KuronCZ

Jul 21, 2018

ENG titleBlack Conqueror: Lord of Tartanova
JP title黒の征服王 Lord of Tartanova
LINK
Circleネガティブギャング (Negative gang)
Release dateAug/24/2023
Authoryizumi
Product formatSimulation, Music
GenreQueen/Princess, Elf/Fairy, Maid, Pure Love, Pleasure Corruption, Discipline, Big Breasts, Virgin Female
Summary
(from dlsite)
Bet on dominance over the continent and drive away enemy nations and monsters!

A war simulation RPG that unfolds along a story.

Civil war, invasions, monsters. A storm of war rages across the continent.

Become the "Black Prince" and fight for dominance!

Game version: 3.25
Translation version: 0.1

Thread Updated: 2024-10-14
Release Date: 2024-10-14

Translation members: KuronCZ (for now just me)

About the project:

Since nobody stepped out to start working on the translation, I decided to work on it myself and here's what I managed to put together for now. As I stated before, this project is way too large for me, so I'm not going to finish it. Like, it's pretty much imposible for one person, but if you help me out, we can get as far as possible.

At this point, the game is more or less playable, but most of its flavour is still untouched. If nobody helps me out, I'm going to eventually (within a year) create another bigger update containing the data about the characters, their occupation and skills, but I can't really promise you anything, because my time and connection to the internet is limited.

That's the reason I have started this project.

Currently we're looking forDescription
Quality CheckerJust anybody here can do it. I'm not a native English speaker myself, so there is most likely a lot of typos and bad English in the translation. Especially the holding names seems to be intentional tongue-twisters, so while I did my best to transcribe them, if you have a better idea how to write them while keeping the pronunciation, let me know in the thread. But also please understand, that the space in the columns is limited and many times I had to be creative to actually cram it there.
ProgrammerIn the version 0.1, all I did was to unpack the ns2 files using GARbro, edit some images and shared them without creating a proper patch. Yes, I have no idea how to pack it back, which is a problem, because only images can by translated this way. The game also contains a Visual Novel part written in TXT files, which won't load unless it's fully unpacked, but even then they won't load properly even if I don't touch them. If there is anyone who can solve the issue, it will unlock another huge part of the project, that can be done, maybe even with MTL!
Actual Translator(s)Even with all time in the world and everything working as should, all I'm going to do is to translate the images (that means the UI) and maybe my favorite parts of the story. But this game is great and the whole story deserves to be translated, so if you want to help out, you are welcomed, even if you do just a small part for fun.
(But you will need to wait for the proper patch first. We're unable to edit those parts of the game yet.)
Image EditorCurrently, I can manage and most of the hard background images are done, however, if I disappear somewhere, most other translators will need help with editing of what's left. I have used the "Impact" font in the title and "Microsoft YaHei font family" for the rest of the game. Also the game main logo is still untranslated, so if anybody wants to play with it, go for it. :)

That's all I wanted to say. You can download the file .

wagsdad

Mar 11, 2021
+++1 This is way better than playing it without translation! atleast now you know what some buttons do instead of constantly using google lens or guessing/memorizing. Gonna keep an eye on this

AKAK

Nov 19, 2016
You can extract the .dat file using ONscripter tools and then just delete the .dat file and replace it with the resulting .txt file renamed to 0.txt. As far as I can tell you have to manually insert / to prevent text from overflowing. You also have to start non dialogue text with > in the script to prevent it from reading the english text as an attempted command. The engine also seems to eat spaces randomly, maybe there is an alternative character that could be used?

AKAK

Nov 19, 2016
Here is the decrypted script file. Delete the .dat file in your directory and replace it with this to have an editable version of the script. I'm not sure if this contains all of the dialogue in the game, but it does at least include the prologue. I translated a bit of the prologue just using google translate to see what the text issues would be. The first dialogue worked fine but to get the non dialogue narration to display I had to put > characters in front of it. Another issue is that the game appears to randomly eat spaces, I tried using Japanese spaces and various other workarounds like half spaces, but I did not find a workaround for this. Pretty sure one is out there though. Currently the game will crash at the first dialogue with a named character. It seems to expect a number if the dialogue is translated into english, but having just one japanese character in front of it seems to fix it.
1729352698655.png

KuronCZ

Jul 21, 2018
Here is the decrypted script file. Delete the .dat file in your directory and replace it with this to have an editable version of the script. I'm not sure if this contains all of the dialogue in the game, but it does at least include the prologue. I translated a bit of the prologue just using google translate to see what the text issues would be. The first dialogue worked fine but to get the non dialogue narration to display I had to put > characters in front of it. Another issue is that the game appears to randomly eat spaces, I tried using Japanese spaces and various other workarounds like half spaces, but I did not find a workaround for this. Pretty sure one is out there though. Currently the game will crash at the first dialogue with a named character. It seems to expect a number if the dialogue is translated into english, but having just one japanese character in front of it seems to fix it.
View attachment 4148126
Okay, so using your advice as an example I've figured out that there are two versions of the script. The first one is stored in the "00.ns2" and is divided into one hundred parts (from "00.txt" up to "99.txt"). The other one (slightly bigger) is in the "nscript.dat", that you extracted as just one file, "0.txt".

The problem is that both versions are wrong and are not behaving correctly as I said before.

Compare the map with the "nscript.dat" file present (the first one), and the map with using the extracted filles. I had the same issue when using the scripts from the "00.ns2" file (the second one).

I also share a save file, so you can test it.

EDIT: I'm trying to say that when you test the save file with an unmodded version, it will behave differently than when you use the same save file with the extracted script, even if you just extract it and won't change it.