black screen

nahito

Aug 13, 2020
hi everyone, every time i play an RPGM games after a while if i leave it on alone without touching the game or even while playing my screen goes black and unresponsive and i even tried to use the ctrl,alt,del cmd but it doesn't work and i have a light up board and while the screen is black it seems the keyboard doesn't response as i have tried to lower the light and other various things. pls help thnks

CoconutPanda

Dec 23, 2019
you sure it only works with RPGMaker engine?
There are 2 things I can think of with the lack of details.
1.Your PC is wack

2.Your PC might be hibernating, it's trying to turn off itself to cool down/avoid overheating (mostly happens with laptops)

nahito

Aug 13, 2020
i have an asus tuf gaming a15 so there's no way for it to be wack and ive got the setting on to where it doesn't sleep or shutdown after any time

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
i have an asus tuf gaming a15 so there's no way for it to be wack and ive got the setting on to where it doesn't sleep or shutdown after any time
No matter the hardware or software, there can always be faulty systems or user performance issues.
Here are some of the first things for you to investigate:
  • Are you sure it only happens with RPGM games - have you tested other apps: a web browser sitting on google.com, MS Word open, VLC open and paused, etc?
  • Are all of your drivers and OS are up to date?
  • Is your BIOS up to date?
  • Have you ran a recent virus/malware check on your system?
  • You state it's every time. Is it actually every single time?
  • How long is the inactivity before the screen turns black?
  • After half dozen or so checks, is it the same or nearly the same length of time when it happens?

nahito

Aug 13, 2020
everything is up to date and it is on an rpgm game i have other games and it works fine as for how long sometimes its after 10 mins or it doesn't happen but if i leave it on and don't touch it, it goes black if i dont want it to go black i have to close it every single time and open it again when i come back. its not much if i leave and come back quickly but if left for a while like 30 mins it goes black.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Sounds like the gpu is shutting down due to overheating by your description.

Try downclocking your system to see if it stops, enable powersaving mode or similar.

Notebooks are known for overheating issues, do some googling on how to maintain your hardware and avoid overheating.

Reactions: nahito

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
everything is up to date and it is on an rpgm game i have other games and it works fine as for how long sometimes its after 10 mins or it doesn't happen but if i leave it on and don't touch it, it goes black if i dont want it to go black i have to close it every single time and open it again when i come back. its not much if i leave and come back quickly but if left for a while like 30 mins it goes black.
Ok, you went from "every time i play an RPGM games after a while if i leave it on alone without touching the game or even while playing" in your first post to "sometimes its after 10 mins or it doesn't happen but if i leave it on and don't touch it".

This doesn't point to a problem with the games. It points to some problem with the laptop, possibly what Meaning Less is saying in their reply. I second their suggestion for you. The laptop is upwards 2+ years old, the graphic card is upwards 3.5 years old - and it a quick search shows that the graphics card can overheat:

You might want to make sure there is proper case ventilation for the laptop, etc

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
The laptop is upwards 2+ years old, the graphic card is upwards 3.5 years old - and it a quick search shows that the graphics card can overheat:
ASUS tuf gaming a15 are a bit more complex, their configuration evolve with time. The actual version have a GeForce 3070 by example. Not that it really change something, if it was overheating with just a 1060, it surely turn into a BBQ with a 3070.

Reactions: Count Morado

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
if it's the rpg game goes black try hitting ALT+Enter or F4 or F5 doesn't work <-- That's if you have it in full screen.... try hitting Ctrl+Alt+Delete or Alt+Tab

if it just a black screen and that you have to turn your laptop off it's overheating mostly the gpu is overheating
if it was the cpu the laptop will restart and comes to the login screen