Blender and Daz Studio

TrainEngine

Oct 21, 2019
Hi people!

Is it possible to create clothing in Blender for characters in Daz? For the past few days I've been trying to find a tutorial, but people mostly use zBrush or Marvelous Designer for that purpose.
If you know any tutorials please share them with me :p

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Is it possible to create clothing in Blender for characters in Daz? For the past few days I've been trying to find a tutorial, but people mostly use zBrush or Marvelous Designer for that purpose.
If you know any tutorials please share them with me :p
You can create clothing for Daz characters using just about any modeling package that you want, since Daz can import OBJ files, which just about every modeling package will export.

Essentially, the basic steps are:
  1. Export the figure for which you're going to create the clothing as an OBJ. Usually you want to do this without any morphs applied.
  2. Import the OBJ into your modeler
  3. Create a new mesh in your modeler that represents the clothing that fits around the character.
  4. UV-map the mesh.
  5. Export the mesh as an OBJ
  6. Import the clothing into Daz
  7. Rig the clothing. The link that Papa Ernie posted has some of the details on that.
  8. Create and apply materials for the clothing in Daz.
There is a tutorial on this available in the Daz Store (and in the wild) I don't know if it specifically speaks to Blender, but, as I said, the modeling can be done in just about any package.

DonJoe

Jul 15, 2019
Sure you can, there's a nice (commercial) addon for blender called "cloth weaver" which has a kind of Marvelous Designer workflow.
The hardest part in Daz is rigging and weight mapping (for conforming clothing).