[R>Artist 3D] [R>Programmer] Paid Unpaid Blender/Daz Studio pro

Lust&Passion

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Hi,

I'm looking for someone who's very familiar with Blender and Daz Studio. As a start I'd need help to import my characters flawlessly into Blender. The DazToBlender bridge doesn't work 100% properly. With genesis 3 characters you always get messed up genitalia and eyelashes. I heard that "Diffeomorphic" should be the best for it. But I don't get how to make it work properly.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Man. I tried importing from DAZ to Blender to do some animations and I never got it to work right.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
There's no one-click solution, you'll always have to fix stuff with every single scene you import from Daz.
If you've never used blender, you'll need several months learning to be able to get some decent results.

Lust&Passion

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Look at this one. It's updated for Blender3.0: Rig-GNS

A tutorial:
That's for Gen 8! Gen 8 doesn't have those issues like Gen 3! And I already tried to transfer Gen 3 to Gen 8. There's just transfer x which only reshapes gen 3 standard models. And then there's character converter by river soft art which only converts standard characters. I couldn't convert own desined characters and practically all of my characters are additionally edited.

Lust&Passion

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
There's no one-click solution, you'll always have to fix stuff with every single scene you import from Daz.
If you've never used blender, you'll need several months learning to be able to get some decent results.
Blender isn't that hard from what I've seen. If you're a pro in Daz Studio and hire an online trainer expert, I'm sure you can learn this in 3-4 weeks. Not all of course! I also don't need to learn everything! Then you just need to work with it and gain experience. There are much harder programs to learn than Blender. I just need it for some special tasks. I won't create there anything.
Plus I won't work alone with it.

Last edited:

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
That's for Gen 8! Gen 8 doesn't have those issues like Gen 3! And I already tried to transfer Gen 3 to Gen 8. There's just transfer x which only reshapes gen 3 standard models. And then there's character converter by river soft art which only converts standard characters. I couldn't convert own desined characters and practically all of my characters are additionally edited.
OK, then use diffeomorphic, I used G3F, EJ Adora, eyelashes was the biggest problem

without diffeomorphic 1607141_So.png

with diffeomorphic
1_So.png

OutOfAshes

Engaged Member
Apr 14, 2019

maybe the official dok helps
but it really works not good with g3 models a few a working fine but not all

Lust&Passion

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
OK, then use diffeomorphic, I used G3F, EJ Adora, eyelashes was the biggest problem

without diffeomorphic View attachment 1584936

with diffeomorphic
View attachment 1584948
Yeah, I'll give it another try. The description of how to use it was really shitty where I got the script from. The only thing what I've seen is that Diffeo doesn't import the sking textures that good like the daz to blender bridge. You need to adjust a lot of stuff after that. For this you need to learn some basics with Blender for what I don't have the time at the moment.

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
Yeah, I'll give it another try. The description of how to use it was really shitty where I got the script from. The only thing what I've seen is that Diffeo doesn't import the sking textures that good like the daz to blender bridge. You need to adjust a lot of stuff after that. For this you need to learn some basics with Blender for what I don't have the time at the moment.
The light part is your job ;) But for the installation I can make a tutorial with the steps.
These images I rendered in Blender3.0. It's a pretty fast process.
It is possible to treat light differently than DAZ. But it's pretty simple to use.

Reactions: xxxorro

Lust&Passion

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
The light part is your job ;) But for the installation I can make a tutorial with the steps.
These images I rendered in Blender3.0. It's a pretty fast process.
It is possible to treat light differently than DAZ. But it's pretty simple to use.
Sure, it'd be nice if you could make a quick tutorial how to install it. But since Diffeo works differently than the daz to blender bridge, using no overlapping meshes, I'm afraid the textures won't look very good with it. And Gen 3 always makes more problems than Gen 3. Maybe someone know who to convert a self edited gen 3 character flawlessly into gen 8. Transfer X and Character Converter don't do that. They just use basic characters.

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
A script is needed to convert the edited G3 values to G8 values.
Have you tried saving the edited values as presets and applying them after converting G3 to G8?

Lust&Passion

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
A script is needed to convert the edited G3 values to G8 values.
Have you tried saving the edited values as presets and applying them after converting G3 to G8?
The closest I came was converting the standard g3 character into a gen 8 character. Then apllied the saved body shape and textures on it. The only problem is that the face doesn't take the morphs. Only the body. And also not entirely. Some little things still needs to be fixed.

Last edited:

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
I downloaded X-Transfer and looked a bit at what the files do. The only interesting thing is a transfer of UVs from one character to another. You don't find any clever script, just values and a relationship between polygons.
1641596838189.png

This is G3
1641596853324.png

And this is G8
1641596887683.png

The point is that from G3 to G8 you need to reduce the number of vertices(17418 to 16556) and faces (17000 to 16368) talking about base resolution. As you see after "/" we have high resolution, Subdivision Level 1 and the numbers are not equal.
My point is that a perfect conversion is impossible :(.

But, using diffeomorphic after transfer from DAZ to Blender, base G3 with hair and clothes, the textures are OK,
G3withCloth.png
G3withCloth1.png
Rendering in Blender3.0

Last edited:
Reactions: maks122 and Adolfo

Lust&Passion

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
I downloaded X-Transfer and looked a bit at what the files do. The only interesting thing is a transfer of UVs from one character to another. You don't find any clever script, just values and a relationship between polygons.
View attachment 1585311

This is G3
View attachment 1585312

And this is G8
View attachment 1585313

The point is that from G3 to G8 you need to reduce the number of vertices(17418 to 16556) and faces (17000 to 16368) talking about base resolution. As you see after "/" we have high resolution, Subdivision Level 1 and the numbers are not equal.
My point is that a perfect conversion is impossible :(.

But, using diffeomorphic after transfer from DAZ to Blender, base G3 with hair and clothes, the textures are OK,
View attachment 1585323
View attachment 1585328
Rendering in Blender3.0
Well, I fianlly managed to convert my character to G8 and it looks pretty good. The eyelashes issue is gone. Only the genitalia is still there. But I think my helper in Blender will edit this matter. The eyelashes were a bigger problem.

But having that Diffeo thing working properly also wouldn't harm:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Adolfo

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
If you use diffeomorphic default shaders,rendering would be slow. Beacuse render volume is slow in BL.Maybe BL 3.1 would improve on it. There are so many volume shader nodes in Diffeomorphic default shaders. So I changed them.
Ok thanks. "Diffeo" I installed yesterday and used it a bit. I'll take a look at the shaders to see what it does.
On the other hand I used DazToBlender again for both G3 and G8 and as you can see no problems with the eyelashes.
G8G3
G8.png G3.png

EJ Adora errors when importing into Blender.
Adora.png

But DazToBlender keeps giving errors all the time when importing a character into Blender. Latest version 2.4, here users report errors

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
DAZ side:
D1.png
D2.png

Open this folder
D3.png

Paste
D4.png

Here it is:
1641639734103.png