Blender models to Daz - no texture

gavgav130

Aug 19, 2017
Hello people.

I'm trying to import Blender scene to Daz, so I can render in Daz but models loose texture after importing.
I don't get what I'm doing incorrectly and can't find any useful solutions online. I tried exporting from Blender in different formats. Only .dae format keeps the texture but after importing it to Daz only one object in the scene keeps the texture.
How can I keep the texture after importing it to Daz? If you know any guides/tutorials/solutions - please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Not exactly what I'm looking for. This video basically shows how to download and import the scene. What I'm looking is how to export and import correctly.
There's no import correctly, unless it's exported correctly. If you plan on using Iray, check the link for how to add the magic dust iray texture converter.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Have you tried fbx if that don't work you will have to apply them manually, I have imported objects from 3ds max to daz as fbx and the texture works, never tried a character though.

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
import Blender scene to Daz, so I can render in Daz
WHAT?
Sorry, I tend to do the exact opposite, export out of daz so I can use Blender to do all my work and rendering. Why are you interested in using daz for rendering?

SlixStigma

Jan 25, 2018
From the daz forums

"Basically, set up your material in Blender using Blender Internal, not Cycles. The image needs to be assigned to a texture, which in turn belongs to the material. This will cause the .mtl file to contain a reference to the image file. Now, when you import in DS, the image will appear in the relevant slot. Or at least, it will for diffuse, that's all I've tried but I'd assume it will at least work for specular as well."

"Assuming Blender 2.79, make sure you have assigned material(s) to your UV-mapped object using whatever image you like. I called my material 'MonkeyMat' and used the generated UV guide for the image.
Select just your object and select File->Export->Wavefromt (.obj). Check the Export Options - the ones in the attached work for me. Note the scale is 1.
In DS, choose File->Import, select your exported .obj, and set the import options - see attached. Note the scale. One 'metre' in Daz is 100 'metres' in Blender, I have scaled up by 10 only here - you may want to use 10000%.
You should have a surface for each material now. Convert them to Iray materials if you want. You will need to select the image map(s) in the Surfaces tab - I don't know of a way to get DS to load the correct maps into the correct slots, except perhaps for scripting it. Blender will have created a .mtl file along with the .obj, but DS seems to ignore these even with the 'Read Material Library' option checked on import.
To export a UV layout as PNG, in Blender's UV/Image editor, select all the verts then choose UVs->Export UV Layout from the menus; set the size and opacity to suit and export"