Blender to Daz - texture - morphs?

olibali666

Aug 25, 2021
Hello,

I am an absolute beginner.
I am trying to make female chastity belt in Blender and move it to Daz studio.
Blender side:
chastity-belt.PNG
Daz render after wavefront object import:
chastity-belt.png

How to change the color from white?
How to add morphs so the belt is aligned with the body? (right now i only used scaling and tranlates inside Daz studio and there are big distances from the model, also at the back side the butt cheeks should be more apart due to the belt)

I am not looking for a complete solution but maybe tutorial links? Or other applications that helps me do this more easily.

Thanks.

Reactions: sparjay

olibali666

Aug 25, 2021
The coloring is getting there. Found this video to morphing. Will try and do it based on that:

chastity-belt-3.png

Reactions: sparjay

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Load a g8 basic model (ex: g8f) in Daz
Send it to Blender or save it as an OBJ and open it in Blender
Adjust/align the prop to fit g8f model and save it

Back to Daz, load a g8 basic model and your obj
Make sure they match/align each other
Select your obj, go to Edit/Object/Transfert Utility:
Source: g8 basic model/Target: your obj
It should transfert the weight maps

Reactions: Grap

sparjay

Jan 1, 2019
That looks amazing. I've been looking for something like that, but the best one I've found is a bit too high tech, the ISD

PandaLulz

Assets Grabber
Uploader
Aug 18, 2017
Load a g8 basic model (ex: g8f) in Daz
Send it to Blender or save it as an OBJ and open it in Blender
Adjust/align the prop to fit g8f model and save it

Back to Daz, load a g8 basic model and your obj
Make sure they match/align each other
Select your obj, go to Edit/Object/Transfert Utility:
Source: g8 basic model/Target: your obj
It should transfert the weight maps
Does this also account for future posing and stuff like that too?

I've been wanting to transfer some characters built in Blender onto G8 but no idea where to begin on that, would be cool to bring jinx and a fair amount of fortnite styled characters over.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018

I've been wanting to transfer some characters built in Blender onto G8 but no idea where to begin on that, would be cool to bring jinx and a fair amount of fortnite styled characters over.
As long as you use g8 as base and don't change the base mesh/add new geometry, it will work.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018

It should (far I remember, it's been a long time since I did this lol), if not you should take another look in the transfert option.

As recreation said, genesis 8 female char are 16556 vertices, everything else is no more recognized by Daz as a g8f.

Generally for converting for Daz you got few solutions (far I know) :

You send & project mesh A(g8f) into mesh B(jinx), I use Zbrush but it could be done via Blender I think. Sometime you don't want to project the whole body (let's say jinx has hard sculted clothes) and will project just the head. Sometime you have to clean the mesh (hair/eyelashes/whatever). You can maximize projection result by increasing subdivisions (whitout saving them!). Once done you send the mesh back to Daz as a morph.

Here a projection done for Auto face enhancer Daz plugin, but the same principles apply:

There is (or ZWrap plugin for Zbrush), in addition, it's wrapper software/plugin that use "key points" between the 2 meshes to faciliate the projection. Image is better explanation :

waterfox_zsi7OseWVx.png

There is solutions with Blender, I never used it, so I don't know much about it. But should worth a shoot. There is also a that use soft body simulation to "fit" on mesh onto another, again video should be better than explanation.

View attachment demo11.mp4

Last edited: