Recommending Bloo's Games Recommendation List [2024-04-09]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
There's a lot of entries, so I'll keep it brief since this isn't an individual review and most things I can talk about are shared among these.

Nothing Is Forever uses psychology and interpersonal relationships as the core themes, and the protagonist is a mostly broken individual. The cast is fairly diverse and overall is a good time.

Dreamland is very new and there isn't much to say besides it being another male protagonist harem game where a group of friends go to a town to party and socialize, and there's a mystery which keeps it engaging. Plenty of hot chicks and overall it's well written so far.

I really loved Oppai Odyssey. It has a really dumb name that you wouldn't expect to have a deep story, but it's actually really engaging, the characters are really lovable and unique, the sci-fi and fantasy elements mesh really well and it's a rather pretty game.

Masters of Raana is one of the better HTML games out there. It mixes the slave trainer genre really well with RPG and exploration. You'll be sinking in a lot of time.

Lust Is Stranger is the first The Architect game I've liked with very little complaints. Usually his games are filled with annoying mechanics and engine quirks that piss me off. It being a Life Is Strange parody helps a lot since it's a game I really enjoy and the developer managed to bring those characters to live well enough.

Both TableTop BornStar and Goss_IP, much like Fantasy Valley by Ancho, are why you shouldn't judge a book by the cover. Visually, they look terrible the first time you look at it, but after playing it, I actually quite liked the visuals. TB is one of the strongest idol/actress managing games, where there's an actual storyline worth paying attention rather than just increasing stats to unlock new scenes like most idol management games. As for Goss_IP, it's a bit weaker, but a still enjoyable experience with multiple protagonist and interesting character stories, although volume 1 ends abruptly when the game is starting to get good.

Finally, Parasite Black. It reminded me a bit of Warhammer at first, it seems like the developer took the time to really develop the world. Overall I think the game is just ok and I wanted to like it more than I did. There's a lot of issues that hold it back, like inconsistent art in the sex scenes vs everything else, especially the animated ones, the combat being outright bad and a waste of your time with how it works right now, and finally the fact that there's just very little story progression after the long introduction sequence, sure there's a lot of quests right now as of v0.148, but the story doesn't really move besides small character progressions here and there. The game needs to move its story along, and have some worthwhile events happen.
Was under the impression that Fear & Hunger 2 was already in the list, but apparently I forgot about it. Overall it's just a better Fear & Hunger, and Prehevil is a dreadful gorgeous hellscape filled with horrors totally worth experiencing.

Become A Rock Star went out with a bit of a whimper in my opinion. I took far too long in-between version and just faded away. Apparently there's gonna be a content update in the future based on the comments, but who knows when it'll come out.

Long Live The Princess is alright, it never really got better than what it started as, but it didn't get worse either, just solid.

Behind The Dune there isn't much to talk about. Despite it being complete, it still gets updates frequently and it's a nice parody with great visuals.
What a fucking disappointment.

cooldude33

Jun 1, 2017

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016

Reactions: StJesuz

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Reactions: cooldude33

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
2024-04-09
Left Hero's Harem Guild [Komisari] & What a Legend! [MagicNuts] in the In-Development Section since they're actively being worked on outside the forum.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes