VN Ren'Py Blurring the Walls [v0.5.2] [Torimiata]

4.60 star(s) 47 Votes

Feru452ax

Nov 23, 2020
Remaster = Never a good sign and probably dev is going to milk.
Where it all Began was a very good game, remaster was announced, for sure it got a lot better, but 3 years after the "remaster" started, game isnt on half the story the first one was, after 3 years with yearly updates.

A lot others got abandoned during remaster.

I really cant understand, do you think your game quality isnt so good? Do a story open ending. Continue on the game with a "2" and use this "better" assets on the new one, continue the story. But well, this would make they progress with the work and earn their pay. They prefer to redo shit, since the story and everything is already done, so it's a lot less work and the money keep flowing.

I dream for a day where dev says: "I'll remaster", and EVERYONE drops support. Not only on AVN, but on regular triple A games. A remaster should be a nice extra that wont mess up with the continuation of the story untill it's concluded, not an easy work half made that you just sprinkle better renders (or AI images) and get full money for it.

Anyway

owowaffles

Oct 6, 2023
It's kinda like writing a story. Yeah, it's nice to fix mistakes and make it perfect right away but at the same time, it's much better to just get that first draft out before committing to correcting older edits and listening to feedback. Where the Heart Is is a great example of a game that's only remastering its renders now that 95% or so of it is complete.

With that said though, BtW is fantastic and I'm excited to see what comes next

SDaddy666

May 5, 2017
not fond of remasters either, but here it seems the trope happens pretty early, i mean there isn't much spicy content in the game yet and already a remaster.
TBF i'd support if the patreon posts weren't a big red flag with releases that aren't regular enough to my taste.

Reactions: NicCag

Fusionzone

Jun 5, 2023
Remaster = Never a good sign and probably dev is going to milk.
Where it all Began was a very good game, remaster was announced, for sure it got a lot better, but 3 years after the "remaster" started, game isnt on half the story the first one was, after 3 years with yearly updates.

A lot others got abandoned during remaster.

I really cant understand, do you think your game quality isnt so good? Do a story open ending. Continue on the game with a "2" and use this "better" assets on the new one, continue the story. But well, this would make they progress with the work and earn their pay. They prefer to redo shit, since the story and everything is already done, so it's a lot less work and the money keep flowing.

I dream for a day where dev says: "I'll remaster", and EVERYONE drops support. Not only on AVN, but on regular triple A games. A remaster should be a nice extra that wont mess up with the continuation of the story untill it's concluded, not an easy work half made that you just sprinkle better renders (or AI images) and get full money for it.

Anyway
Remaster means no creative effort since it's gonna be all Ai doing the shots. The core of the devs input besides prompting is in writing good story.

I always hate when artists try to redo old chapters when the story isn't finish. Remaster when ur done.

hlfwaycrks

Aug 7, 2024
Remaster when ur done.
I agree with this sentiment for sure. I think it would be better if the focus was on the next steps, especially with how up in arms everyone seems to be about this delay. It wasn't the best move, but I can see Tori's side as well wanting to make the project the best quality it can be. I really hope the project doesn't suffer as a result of all the drama here and that Tori isn't discouraged. I believe if the update is as good as we've been led to believe, then it'll all be worth it.

Reactions: FMarshallboy

kristo0086

Nov 17, 2021
if you scroll to past post and state from dev, we won't get update before end of October. he need to get back to revive some work and fix some part. for the X.2 part will be release 2 week or 3 after X.0 release.
You're lying, I only found this post.
The countdown post was accurate - the bulk of the work is done, including both remastering old CGs and creating new content. Now, I'm in the final stages: fixing minor mistakes, editing the script, and tweaking UI.

SDaddy666

May 5, 2017
I agree with this sentiment for sure. I think it would be better if the focus was on the next steps, especially with how up in arms everyone seems to be about this delay. It wasn't the best move, but I can see Tori's side as well wanting to make the project the best quality it can be. I really hope the project doesn't suffer as a result of all the drama here and that Tori isn't discouraged. I believe if the update is as good as we've been led to believe, then it'll all be worth it.
Also it's not the first time some dev does a remaster of a previous remaster. it's a waste of time, do it when the game is finished

Jun 18, 2022
Also it's not the first time some dev does a remaster of a previous remaster. it's a waste of time, do it when the game is finished
It's a waste of time for who though??? You guys need to stop treating Tori like a full time dev. This is just a side hobby. He's making this game as a passion project. People can support on Patreon if they want but he would still make the game without the current support the game has.

He said the remaster makes the game more aligned with how he pictured it and the remaster gives him more motivation to work harder on it. So how could it be a waste of time if it makes the dev more passionate about his own game that he makes in his free time after working at a normal job all day?

SDaddy666

May 5, 2017
It's a waste of time for who though??? You guys need to stop treating Tori like a full time dev. This is just a side hobby. He's making this game as a passion project. People can support on Patreon if they want but he would still make the game without the current support the game has.

He said the remaster makes the game more aligned with how he pictured it and the remaster gives him more motivation to work harder on it. So how could it be a waste of time if it makes the dev more passionate about his own game that he makes in his free time after working at a normal job all day?
a waste of time for everyone, if you remaster your game two times, then the time used to make the first remaster was a waste. Also i didn't say anything about full time or hobby or anything. i don't see how this is related

Reactions: garmander

Pr0GamerJohnny

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 7, 2022
yeah, the original release date was planned for the some time near the end of july, then it got officially pushed back to some time near the end of august i.e. a few days ago. a couple of weeks back we heard that the update was in the final countdown to being released and we've seen a sample of the updated artwork. we've no reason to believe that the updates be pushed back against (despite trolls trying to tell everyone that it's been delayed for 3 more months or that the game has been abandoned). I expect the update will be out in a matter of days, but Tori doesn't seem to want to give a specific date which is understandable as things happen and it's better to stick to a more vague timeline.

Also, Tori puts out regular development updates, so again we have no reason to think the game's been abandoned at this point. If people want to argue that Tori should communicate publicly more, then that's fair. but instead we get troll after troll baselessly telling everyone the games been delayed 3-6 months, or that the games been changed from NTS to NTR, etc.

Even if you're not subbed, you can see that Tori has been posting news info and when they were released:

Dev Diary #2 - May 10
Dev Diary #3 - May 24
Dev Diary #4 - June 10
Dev Diary #5 - June 23
Bonus CG post - June 26
Dev Diary #6 - July 7
Devi Diary #7 - August 4
Final Countdown - August 11
Spoiler Diary - August 21
Behind the scenes diary - August 27

So, no Tori has not gone silent. This is of course not counting all the other non-official communication we've gotten here and there. This update is supposed to be the biggest update yet and it's only been delayed about a month so far with regular news updates to the subscribers.
I suppose that's an optimistic take, but surely you'd concede that posting diaries/updates at regular updates then switching your press release style right near what was the original release goal is bound to cause some eyebrows to go up, right?

In other words, I'd expect it to go more like:

Dev Diary #2 - May 10
Dev Diary #3 - May 24
Dev Diary #4 - June 10
Dev Diary #5 - June 23
Dev Diary #6 - July 7
Devi Diary #7 - August 4
Dev Diary #8 - August 11: "This is why it's not complete and my current progress and what I have left to do."
Dev Diary #9 - August 21: "Updated version of this why it's not complete and my current progress and what I have left to do."
Dev Diary #10 - August 27: "Updated version of this why it's not complete and my current progress and what I have left to do."

I think people are rightfully supicious whenever a dev is behind schedule and posts ANYTHING but their current state of work, be it teaser screens, promos, etc.

Last edited:

idkmanerally

May 2, 2023

this is a discussion forum, not a support group for the dev. people are allowed to discuss how they feel about the art being created, whether they think creative decisions were good or bad, successes or failures, etc.

when a movie comes out and a critic says "i thought the ending sucked" they don't need some white knight leaping in to say "OH YA WELL THE DIRECTOR THOUGHT THE ENDING WAS PERFECT FOR HIS VISION!" because like... no shit! the director made the art, we are consuming and discussing the art. that's how this shit works.

when someone says it was a waste of time, they're saying "the effort it took the dev was not worth it to me, the consumer of the art" which is implicit and a completely normal thing to say when criticizing art

i'll tell you why it matters to me: every remastered image he's shared has been, at best, as good as the original, and at worst, worse than the original. if the dev is busting his ass for a remaster that everyone dislikes, the dev's motivation will evaporate and this game will be abandoned. thats bad and i dont want that to happen, but discussing its likelihood is valid and appropriate for this forum

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2022
this is a discussion forum, not a support group for the dev. people are allowed to discuss how they feel about the art being created, whether they think creative decisions were good or bad, successes or failures, etc.

when a movie comes out and a critic says "i thought the ending sucked" they don't need some white knight leaping in to say "OH YA WELL THE DIRECTOR THOUGHT THE ENDING WAS PERFECT FOR HIS VISION!" because like... no shit! the director made the art, we are consuming and discussing the art. that's how this shit works.

when someone says it was a waste of time, they're saying "the effort it took the dev was not worth it to me, the consumer of the art" which is implicit and a completely normal thing to say when criticizing art

i'll tell you why it matters to me: every remastered image he's shared has been, at best, as good as the original, and at worst, worse than the original. if the dev is busting his ass for a remaster that everyone dislikes, the dev's motivation will evaporate and this game will be abandoned. thats bad and i dont want that to happen, but discussing its likelihood is valid and appropriate for this forum
You keep making random ass assumptions. The movie director cares because that's his job and his success if defined by the audience liking the movie and he wants to see his critics like his work.

This is NOT a job for the dev bro. He does not care if you like or dislike something. It actually does not affect him at all. If he likes how it came out thats all that matters to him. He's just sharing with us what he's working on. If this was something he was relying on for income then obviously criticism is important so that he can cater to the audience's preferences. However, the audience in this situation is him. Not us.

In the end you're getting salty cause you care. Which I understand so I won't drag you too hard. But take a breath and let the blood flow back up your body to your brain. Chill on comparing this side little project a dude works on whenever he has free time after a long day of work to a movie that someone puts all their blood sweat and tears into all day

Last edited:

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
I suppose that's an optimistic take, but surely you'd concede that posting diaries/updates at regular updates then switching your press release style right near what was the original release goal is bound to cause some eyebrows to go up, right?

In other words, I'd expect it to go more like:

Dev Diary #2 - May 10
Dev Diary #3 - May 24
Dev Diary #4 - June 10
Dev Diary #5 - June 23
Dev Diary #6 - July 7
Devi Diary #7 - August 4
Dev Diary #8 - August 11: "This is why it's not complete and my current progress and what I have left to do."
Dev Diary #9 - August 21: "Updated version of this why it's not complete and my current progress and what I have left to do."
Dev Diary #10 - August 27: "Updated version of this why it's not complete and my current progress and what I have left to do."

I think people are rightfully supicious whenever a dev is behind schedule and posts ANYTHING but their current state of work, be it teaser screens, promos, etc.
Don't move the goal post. This whole thing started with a bunch of trolls raiding this thread telling unsuspecting fans that the dev has gone completely silent and that the update has been pushed back another 3-6 months and it'll probably be abandoned. I don't care if the updates are consistent or not, I'm just sick of the people harassing this thread with BS and the mods doing nothing about it because they don't give a crap to make rules against deliberate trolling.

I've consistently said that if people want to criticize Tori's method of communicating or update regularity, then fair enough. My only problem is with people deliberately spreading lies in what could only be perceived as an attempt to cause drama.

elMeno88

Mar 7, 2022
You keep making random ass assumptions. The movie director cares because that's his job and his success if defined by the audience liking the movie and he wants to see his critics like his work.

This is NOT a job for the dev bro. He does not care if you like or dislike something. It actually does not affect him at all. If he likes how it came out thats all that matters to him. He's just sharing with us what he's working on. If this was something he was relying on for income then obviously criticism is important so that he can cater to the audience's preferences. However, the audience in this situation is him. Not us.

In the end you're getting salty cause you care. Which I understand so I won't drag you too hard. But take a breath and let the blood flow back up your body to your brain. Chill on comparing this side little project a dude works on whenever he has free time after a long day of work to a movie that someone puts all their blood sweat and tears into all day
But he is not wrong at all!

It might be the first, second or even his third side job but only one thing is sure, Tori is making money on this game

And as the site grahpatreon says, it is a lot of money so he has to deliver, or at least to explain correctly why the update is not coming out.

Everybody need to stop overprotecting him because this time (only this time) he hasn’t been able to communicate correctly. And also I agree with the fact that many did not like the new version of the visuals he worked on (me included) and that if this is the main reason for the delay

here is the earning Tori should make (only from patreon, so I guess you should count also another sum from itch.io).
So now please stop with the “he is doing this game for passion” narrative, since he is actually earning a lot from this game.

elMeno88

Mar 7, 2022
Don't move the goal post. This whole thing started with a bunch of trolls raiding this thread telling unsuspecting fans that the dev has gone completely silent and that the update has been pushed back another 3-6 months and it'll probably be abandoned. I don't care if the updates are consistent or not, I'm just sick of the people harassing this thread with BS and the mods doing nothing about it because they don't give a crap to make rules against deliberate trolling.

I've consistently said that if people want to criticize Tori's method of communicating or update regularity, then fair enough. My only problem is with people deliberately spreading lies in what could only be perceived as an attempt to cause drama.
COMPLETELY agree about it.

idkmanerally

May 2, 2023
He does not care if you like or dislike something. It actually does not affect him at all. If he likes how it came out thats all that matters to him. He's just sharing with us what he's working on.
if this is true, why do you treat defending him like your full time job? if the dev doesn't care that i think the remaster is gonna be bad, why on earth do YOU care so much?

i'm just sharing my thoughts on a forum designed for sharing thoughts

Reactions: RyogoTM
4.60 star(s) 47 Votes