VN Ren'Py Blurring the Walls [v0.5.2] [Torimiata]

4.60 star(s) 47 Votes

K1ng1000

Aug 14, 2023
I'm really enjoying your game Tori and the relationship between the four friends, I hope you don't add any more characters that will ruin this quartet, other than that I'm really looking forward to the new update

• Red Heart
Reactions: FMarshallboy

elMeno88

Mar 7, 2022
can't share the ones from diary 11 since i don't have platinum membership, if anyone want to share it is well welcomed

mok135

Feb 27, 2018
I kinda like the old ones a bit more. They are nearly identical, but there is more character to the old cg. The new one has a more generic anime feel to it. The lightning change also bothers me a little.

But, if this change of models makes it easier and quicker for Tori to generate images of appropriate quality, the it is worth it for sure.

garmander

Aug 15, 2020
New one is a little too anime for me. The old one had that 'obviously AI generated' look to it, but it was also a little more stylistically different since it almost looked like it was imitating an acrylic painting. The new art style is much more flat, which can be better for clarity, but is a also a bit more generic IMO. I don't mind the change, but it's definitely less to my preference.

FMarshallboy

Aug 6, 2021
New one is a little too anime for me. The old one had that 'obviously AI generated' look to it, but it was also a little more stylistically different since it almost looked like it was imitating an acrylic painting. The new art style is much more flat, which can be better for clarity, but is a also a bit more generic IMO. I don't mind the change, but it's definitely less to my preference.
It seems I'm not the only one who enjoys the Previous version more.

The thing is that the new version seems very "anime style", and it looks very I don't know.... the previous one seemed to have touches of AI but with light touches of hand-drawn.

In the end I like the new design.

and I hope people do too, but yes Old > New.

Reactions: cryfane

a4asshole

Jul 10, 2024
Is it just me or does anyone else prefer old version better? It left more for imagination sorta
old one seems fine. just cz we played and liked the game overall looks. The developer could have just use new style for new updates only. But, may be he want to be consistent throughout the game. I just wish new content is coming with new update.

Reactions: FMarshallboy

Pr0GamerJohnny

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 7, 2022
I kinda like the old ones a bit more. They are nearly identical, but there is more character to the old cg. The new one has a more generic anime feel to it. The lightning change also bothers me a little.

But, if this change of models makes it easier and quicker for Tori to generate images of appropriate quality, the it is worth it for sure.
Strongly agree with both your points - "generic anime" is exactly the phrase I'd use; at least when comparing those two pics. It doesn't help with that specific comparison that the expressions are different - the old is a more creative "wake-up" pose, the new looks like a stereotypical "anime happy face drooling".....

But indeed, if it means faster production time then that's a net positive.

Chillz

Jun 1, 2017
1725872417077.png

New

Hey everyone!
No, this still isn't the release post - but I promise, it's simmering!

For context, the last countdown update took 17 days and still felt rushed. 0.5.0 and 0.5.2 were very different - that's the kind of rushed release I'm trying to avoid! Hence the extra care. But I understand the anticipation! ⏳

In hindsight, including both new and remastered content made it tricky to estimate timings. I know the post implied a quick release, but I have been a victim of the Ninety–ninety rule. The bulk of the work was indeed done when I posted - scenes were complete, but unrefined. However, between the new content and the old content, that "10%" is quite the chunk.

Some folks are worried about the remaster, but let me dismiss those fears. Tech has changed dramatically since the project started. For example, I used to draw a lot manually or use tricks to work around limitations and artifacts (like the bush's extra large size to help hide some weirdness in Terrace's back and hair). I want to use the new tech as that will help me create better artwork for the game. Additionally, some story/character elements changed (hello larger banana!), necessitating revisions to old content for consistency. A remaster was inevitable. And it's better to align aesthetics now than when the game is twice as large. Yes, tech will keep getting better, but anyone following the scene knows that the jump between the tech I was using and the current tech is gigantic.

I know it's taking a bit longer, but I am having fun with this update - it's closer to my original vision, and I hope that is something players will appreciate.

Thanks for your patience and support!

A fun fact: Did you know the 1st anniversary of the game will be on the 24th of this month?

(There's a second image but I don't have access)

EDIT: Bummer that there isn't a set release date yet but I have to say, the remasters look great. Hope this means that since the remastering is out of the way, that we get faster releases.

mok135

Feb 27, 2018
View attachment 4015505

New

Hey everyone!

For context, the last countdown update took 17 days and still felt rushed. 0.5.0 and 0.5.2 were very different - that's the kind of rushed release I'm trying to avoid! Hence the extra care. But I understand the anticipation! ⏳

In hindsight, including both new and remastered content made it tricky to estimate timings. I know the post implied a quick release, but I have been a victim of the Ninety–ninety rule. The bulk of the work was indeed done when I posted - scenes were complete, but unrefined. However, between the new content and the old content, that "10%" is quite the chunk.

Some folks are worried about the remaster, but let me dismiss those fears. Tech has changed dramatically since the project started. For example, I used to draw a lot manually or use tricks to work around limitations and artifacts (like the bush's extra large size to help hide some weirdness in Terrace's back and hair). I want to use the new tech as that will help me create better artwork for the game. Additionally, some story/character elements changed (hello larger banana!), necessitating revisions to old content for consistency. A remaster was inevitable. And it's better to align aesthetics now than when the game is twice as large. Yes, tech will keep getting better, but anyone following the scene knows that the jump between the tech I was using and the current tech is gigantic.

I know it's taking a bit longer, but I am having fun with this update - it's closer to my original vision, and I hope that is something players will appreciate.

A fun fact: Did you know the 1st anniversary of the game will be on the 24th of this month?

EDIT: Bummer that there isn't a set release date yet but I have to say, the remasters look great. Hope this means that since the remastering is out of the way, that we get faster releases.
This comparison is much more positive. In the old cg Terrace looks very weird and half-baked. The new one didn't change anything about Ari, but made Terrace high-res.

a4asshole

Jul 10, 2024
View attachment 4015505

New

Hey everyone!

my optimistic mind thinking.. dev is gonna release the update on 24 for anniversary special.

Jdsiis

Aug 4, 2021
For me there are some things I prefer from the old and some things I prefer from the new. Overall I think it's an upgrade through.

As it makes it easier for Tori to get the artwork correct then it's well worth the update! Can't wait for v6

4.60 star(s) 47 Votes