VN Ren'Py Blurring the Walls [v0.5.2] [Torimiata]

4.60 star(s) 47 Votes

hangmansjoke

Apr 27, 2024
if the update comes out on september 24th it'll be 181 days since the chapter 5 patreon release

oct 2: 0.2.7 (initial release)
nov 9: 0.3.0 (38 days since last release)
jan 10: 0.4.0 (62 days since last release)
mar 27: 0.5.0 (77 days since last release)
all FOUR of the updates above came out within 189 days. so this update is taking about as long as the previous chapters combined

elMeno88

Mar 7, 2022
View attachment 4015505

New

Hey everyone!
No, this still isn't the release post - but I promise, it's simmering!

For context, the last countdown update took 17 days and still felt rushed. 0.5.0 and 0.5.2 were very different - that's the kind of rushed release I'm trying to avoid! Hence the extra care. But I understand the anticipation! ⏳

In hindsight, including both new and remastered content made it tricky to estimate timings. I know the post implied a quick release, but I have been a victim of the Ninety–ninety rule. The bulk of the work was indeed done when I posted - scenes were complete, but unrefined. However, between the new content and the old content, that "10%" is quite the chunk.

Some folks are worried about the remaster, but let me dismiss those fears. Tech has changed dramatically since the project started. For example, I used to draw a lot manually or use tricks to work around limitations and artifacts (like the bush's extra large size to help hide some weirdness in Terrace's back and hair). I want to use the new tech as that will help me create better artwork for the game. Additionally, some story/character elements changed (hello larger banana!), necessitating revisions to old content for consistency. A remaster was inevitable. And it's better to align aesthetics now than when the game is twice as large. Yes, tech will keep getting better, but anyone following the scene knows that the jump between the tech I was using and the current tech is gigantic.

I know it's taking a bit longer, but I am having fun with this update - it's closer to my original vision, and I hope that is something players will appreciate.

Thanks for your patience and support!

A fun fact: Did you know the 1st anniversary of the game will be on the 24th of this month?

(There's a second image but I don't have access)

EDIT: Bummer that there isn't a set release date yet but I have to say, the remasters look great. Hope this means that since the remastering is out of the way, that we get faster releases.
can somebody please share the platinum image… it’s been a week now so I guess it’s legit to ask ahahahaha

Poundar

May 31, 2023
So you're saying this game was already remade before. Lmao.
Game Engine ≠ Game CG’s.

The CG’s used were the same for the equivalent scenes in the Ren’Py version.

Also, that original demo was 10 minutes of content and so it was easier to pivot at the start.

hmc15

Apr 4, 2019
So are there any actual updates regarding next release? Is Dev seriously switching platform to RPGM? Is update actually releasing soon? Hard to discern what's actually happening when there's apparently so much trolling

• Haha
Reactions: garmander

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
There's been no announcement about the game switching to RPGmaker and the idea is pretty ridiculous so I'm confident that was just a troll. The images are getting "remastered" due to ai generator tools being changed so the pictures were more or less all redone a bit to be consistent. The update should be out for platinum subscribers "soon" as the update is in the final countdown as it gets polished, but there's no official date set. Tori isn't rushing like with the last update in order to prevent it being the same sort of unsatisfactory work. This update is supposed to be by far the biggest one we've gotten so far.

Reactions: petrenko8

Pich168

Oct 9, 2022
So are there any actual updates regarding next release? Is Dev seriously switching platform to RPGM? Is update actually releasing soon? Hard to discern what's actually happening when there's apparently so much trolling
As Predicted it will be mid or near end of October for the update.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 7, 2022
Let's hope that was self-censorship :LOL:

Couldn't he just be busy with real life?
For sure, but then you act accordingly and communicate as much. If you have other obligations in any avenue of life, this is the norm. Your friends would reasonably be pissed if you planned a night out with them, ghosted them, then when they asked about it a week later you were like "oh I had to catch up on some work projects sorry."

Now imagine that, but those friends are paying for you to hang out- and you still ghost them o_O

quandin

Feb 9, 2021
Let's hope that was self-censorship :LOL:

For sure, but then you act accordingly and communicate as much. If you have other obligations in any avenue of life, this is the norm. Your friends would reasonably be pissed if you planned a night out with them, ghosted them, then when they asked about it a week later you were like "oh I had to catch up on some work projects sorry."

Now imagine that, but those friends are paying for you to hang out- and you still ghost them o_O
Imma be honest, while I'd agree with you, I really don't want to assume what he's going trough in his day to day life, yesn communication goes a long way but sometimes life just has other plans (I may also just be taking out of my ass and Tori was just nowhere near finishing the game when giving countdowns :KEK: )

Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
I'm going to have to seriously stop watching this thread. The people in here have been viciously out for blood from the start and I'm getting sick of how toxic it is. There's games that have gone over a year without updates that get less hate than this one. I absolutely love this game and I rather like the new remastered pictures, but I don't think I can't stand listening to all the pessimistic whining anymore.

jclosed

Dec 3, 2019
the games you are talking about are using renders or original drawn art. the entire point of using AI art is that it makes development faster. it changes the expectations by a lot, for good reason
I don't really know if it makes development faster. We all know AI can make weird stuff (like fingers growing on fingers and so on), and that has to be corrected and re-rendered. Rendering in general takes time, and if you do not have a powerful system (or a rendering farm) it can even take a LOT of time. And if the outcome is not good (defective, misplaced or extra body parts) and not correctable by using a Photoshop(like) program, you have to start the rendering all over again.

I think AI can be used to improve graphics in general, but I highly doubt if it makes development faster. In fact - It can even slow development because the amount of "babysitting" and re-renders that have to be done.

Reactions: kristo0086
4.60 star(s) 47 Votes