VN Ren'Py Blurring the Walls [v0.5.2] [Torimiata]

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

mok135

Feb 27, 2018
Eh, I really hope the game stays firmly in the realm of netorase. Teasing is alright, but actual cheating, both physical and emotional should be off the table. At least that's how I feel. Obviously the dev might decide to put some form of ntr in the story, that's his right, but that will be it for me. Can't stand netorare, so hoping for an actual through and through wholesome netorase.

Lolikanion

Sep 11, 2019
I love how everyone is ignoring this post from page 2 from dev themself:

Thanks for the feedback guys! I'm revising a few things on the script and want to bring the quality up on the art side with a few fixes, as well make the NTS Points actually more functional before moving with the plot - this is the first public build and the feedback has been very useful so far.

Spoiler: NTR vs NTS points
For those curious, there's no plans to have outright cheating in this story at all, the intent is a fully loving relationship but it's a spectrum and people sometimes get too close to the flame, I want to play with those emotions, build tension and all that crap.

Not allowing full-screen is purposeful, it's drawn and "rendered" to work at that specific resolution since it's less effort both on the drawing and also on the less glitchy aspect, so unless I find a good solution, I'll have to keep it that way for now.

So yeah, dev said no cheating

Reactions: krixk4 and Syndevic

Torimiata

Game Developer
Sep 24, 2023
This is one of those difficult but interesting topics - especially when genres exist for a while and they create so many expectations.

Depending on how you define cheating you could be merely arguing semantics so let me offer my take on it while avoiding that word.

This is an NTS focused story so a degree of involvement with others will happen at some point, but at the end of it, there's a loving relationship.

What I meant by my previous message is that this is not your typical "friend steals FMC" type of story (traditional NTR route), it just doesn't fit the mood and the characters and if you are looking for something like that, then this is likely not for you.

However, the degree of how close to the flame, emotions, reactions, and so many other variables is something I don't want to spoil, there's no fun in that.

Last edited:

Lolikanion

Sep 11, 2019
This is one of those difficult but interesting topics - especially when genres exist for a while and they create so many expectations.

Depending on how you define cheating you could be merely arguing semantics so let me offer my take on it while avoiding that word.

This is an NTS focused story so a degree of involvement with others will happen at some point, what I meant by my previous message is that this is not your typical "friend steals FMC" type of story (traditional NTR route), it just doesn't fit the mood and the characters.

However, the degree of how close to the flame, emotions involved, and so many other variables is something I don't want to spoil, there's no fun in that.
Yea, I got u what you are saying.
I think someone eariler said that good netorase are the ones that are on edge with netorare.
Most of us are just glad that this story is netorase and you are doing great job writing it.

myZone

Dec 20, 2020
Yes, I also want Ayumi to like casually spend time with Terrace instead of MC from time to time, I find that really hot.
Yes, it's like giving her freedom to do stuff with others but with permission from MC. We are now seeing everything from MC's POV, that why its feels too involved. Maybe they can give him a new fetish of voyeurism, so he would secretly watch what Ayumi is doing with others.

Reactions: Reigndeer07

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
man reading the last 2 pages sharing fans can't catch a break, if it's not the harem crowd yelling about ree ntr ree cuck game it's the ntr purists wanting to move it to cheating. :ROFLMAO:

Yes, it's like giving her freedom to do stuff with others but with permission from MC. We are now seeing everything from MC's POV, that why its feels too involved. Maybe they can give him a new fetish of voyeurism, so he would secretly watch what Ayumi is doing with others.
Hard disagree, and this makes no sense in the context of their emotional relationship in the story. He loves her, and he loves spending time with her, why wouldn't he want to be near her when she's teasing him or others, particularly if he enjoys it and gets turned on by it? This is just subtle advocacy for an ntr storyline.

If this sounds overly hostile, it's because of what the first part of my message alluded to; there are so few pure nts/sharing games, almost everything is harem or ntr, or "ntr lite disguised as sharing". I mean actual games where a couple is in love and stays in love yet toys around with other people. I don't want to see one of the few cases of that watered down by ntr fans when they have any number of "cheats behind his back" games to play.

Lolikanion

Sep 11, 2019
man reading the last 2 pages sharing fans can't catch a break, if it's not the harem crowd yelling about ree ntr ree cuck game it's the ntr purists wanting to move it to cheating. :ROFLMAO:

Hard disagree, and this makes no sense in the context of their emotional relationship in the story. He loves her, and he loves spending time with her, why wouldn't he want to be near her when she's teasing him or others, particularly if he enjoys it and gets turned on by it? This is just subtle advocacy for an ntr storyline.

If this sounds overly hostile, it's because of what the first part of my message alluded to; there are so few pure nts/sharing games, almost everything is harem or ntr, or "ntr lite disguised as sharing". I mean actual games where a couple is in love and stays in love yet toys around with other people. I don't want to see one of the few cases of that watered down by ntr fans when they have any number of "cheats behind his back" games to play.
No hate againts any of the groups, but its really hilarious when the ntr haters are gone, it then transforms into discussion nts vs ntr :KEK:

JtC203

Dec 18, 2017
I hope Torimiata listens to NOBODY and does whatever he wants with his game. Nothing good will come from trying to listen to losers whining about NTR, NTS, or anything else.

Make your art, ignore these people, nobody on this site is mentally well.
I agree with this, games almost never benefit from taking outside influence, they just become a jumbled mess of different fetishes trying to do everything at once.

I like what Tori is doing and if he is happy with what he is producing, we all stand to benefit from it. The more he tries to put in the game at people's request, the bigger the game will get. Personally, I would be much happier to support him making the game he wants to make and telling the story he wants to tell.

JtC203

Dec 18, 2017
I
I agree with this, games almost never benefit from taking outside influence, they just become a jumbled mess of different fetishes trying to do everything at once.

I like what Tori is doing and if he is happy with what he is producing, we all stand to benefit from it. The more he tries to put in the game at people's request, the bigger the game will get. Personally, I would be much happier to support him making the game he wants to make and telling the story he wants to tell.
I am also in the camp that if someone complains, go make your own game and do better. Then you can put anything you want in it.

Reigndeer07

Apr 5, 2023
I
I am also in the camp that if someone complains, go make your own game and do better. Then you can put anything you want in it.
As far as I've seen in the recent comments, No one is complaining nor is there anyone trying to force dev to make this NTR, They just putting their thoughts and even appreciation on this amazing game as respectful as possible like what I did in my previous comments

Nothing against you though cause I agree with that, Just want to put this out

Reactions: myZone and JtC203

Syndevic

Nov 24, 2021
Surely they can export a mac version?
Follow this: https://f95zone.to/threads/you-can-play-pc-only-renpy-games-on-mac.94804/

It’s how I play Renpy games that don’t have a Mac version, and even some that do. (If the Mac version isn’t working)

Download the renpy sdk, unzip it if it’s zipped, then download the renpy game you want to play. Unzip the game you want to play, then place the unzipped folder into the renpy folder. Open the renpy folder and double click on the application “renpy” not the .exe as those don’t launch on Mac (you probably know this). The renpy app has a tiny icon of a girl in a safari hat. The “kind” is application. (When you open a folder there are four labels at the top, “Name”, “Date Modified”, “Size”, and “Kind” this is what I’m referring to when I say “kind”
After you’ve launched the renpy app, simply find the game under “Projects” and click it to highlight it, then click “launch project”.
If you get any sort of “developer unknown” issue, go into system settings, then on the left side click on “Privacy and Security” (I’m on Sonoma and that’s what it says for me) then towards the bottom of the page there will be something saying “unknown developer” I don’t remember exactly what it says but you’ll know it when you see it. Click on the button that says “allow” next to it, then enter your password and it’ll launch.
Hope this helps!

Also, I know it seems like a pain but after you do it a few times it’s easy.

Fusionzone

Jun 5, 2023
Eh, I really hope the game stays firmly in the realm of netorase. Teasing is alright, but actual cheating, both physical and emotional should be off the table. At least that's how I feel. Obviously the dev might decide to put some form of ntr in the story, that's his right, but that will be it for me. Can't stand netorare, so hoping for an actual through and through wholesome netorase.
This is how every nts gets ruined because the author or dev doesn't understand that the moment you cross the line its over and you may as well appeal to your ntr fans escalating it all the way through. Riding the line with a good tease not too vanilla without crossing boundaries takes some really good writing. It's like they don't get that that nts is not ntr and it's not people hoping for a slower progression into ntr, they want a complete lack of ntr and a focus on the main couple.

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
Seeing as you just get a game over if you don't have enough NTS points at various points in the story now, please remove all choices except choices that open\close certain content/paths (making it clear what they do too), unless you plan on adding a non-NTS path again.

Gojo's slut

Jan 9, 2023
Ari's interaction between the trio is so forced tbh. And it's so annoying how she acts like a 2nd female lead to the MC. It reminds me of a cliche harem story with a childhood friend who is bent over backwards trying to please the protagonist. You might as well add a harem tag at this point :/

Rastafoo

Jun 6, 2018
Ari's interaction between the trio is so forced tbh. And it's so annoying how she acts like a 2nd female lead to the MC. It reminds me of a cliche harem story with a childhood friend who is bent over backwards trying to please the protagonist. You might as well add a harem tag at this point :/
I will admit her that he being slutted up like that was unneccessary. I mean the main gf has a history with Protag and they've been intimate before. But the childhood friend doesn't have that context to justify it.

mok135

Feb 27, 2018
It seems fine to me, if somewhat exaggerated. It was mentioned that Ari and the protagonist have had some sexual experiences together and they are still very close friends, so it feels like this kind of relationship works for them . But I do admit that a clingy, teasing childhood friend is a bit of a cliche. As long as the content with her doesn't overshadow Ayumi's I don't have a problem with her. Her being kind of a second female lead can even diminish a feeling of ntr when Ayumi inevitably starts to have sexual interactions with other male characters.

Last edited:

myZone

Dec 20, 2020
Agreed but the game is more towards teasing the MC, so I get why they made her like that and also the last scene between Ari and Ayumi feels like they want her to be just a female version of Terrace, at least to me... could be wrong tho....

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes