VN Ren'Py Blurring the Walls [v0.5.2] [Torimiata]

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

Lolikanion

Sep 11, 2019
Will there be lesbian content?
You only have the one kiss with Ayumi and Ari.
I dont think there will be 1 on 1 content, but i could definitely see it in threesome or foursome.
But hey, I dont know what Torimiata is cooking so I will leave it to him.

Torimiata

Game Developer
Sep 24, 2023
zztenor-1556418845.gif

Me going through all your theories about the next update(s), knowing half are way off but the other half are actually close. I could spill the beans... but where's the fun in that? :LUL:

Important Note: I just found out that there might be a minor bug on 0.4.2 that I didn't catch just after Ari/Ayumi kiss. If you end up having that issue you should be able to just continue/skip that line but I have uploaded a fixed version to itch as well.

AnakofPhilon

Aug 12, 2020
For me I got two errors between Ari/Ayumi kissing, and before the Ayumi/Terrace kiss prank

The first one is:
-----
Exception: String "I'll say a few things to [protagonist, and then you can take over and work your magic~♥" ends with an open format operation.
-----

which appears to be a bracket missing error, and the other (below) seems to be a missing image error

-----
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Say has image attributes ('p',), but there's no image tag associated with the speaking character.
----

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I didn't know 4.2 was out.
It didn't show up on the new updates page I don't think.

Anyway I'm looking forward to playing tonight.
This might be one of the best netorase games I have ever played.

starthrow

Jul 27, 2021
The "keeping the MC in the dark" trope scenes serve a good narrative purpose as Ayumi tests the waters with the MC. Nothing is really happening, but he doesn't know that, and that allows Ayumi to test and push boundaries without doing anything wrong. Not that Tori should ever change his vision because of what people in the comments say (seen that ship sink a few too many times), but I too think that keeping the MC in the dark most often becomes worn out very quickly in all stories/games/whatever. I agree with baka in that the best NTS is when it is done together.

But yes, I too hope for more dudes than just "that guy"(Terrace), as focusing too much on one sexual partner, particularly 'one sexual partner that busts a nut in the wife at 7:15, and then is playing video games casually with the MC at 7:30' can risk awkwardness if not done properly. Terrace has been set up well as the ideal foil for adding tension to the MC's emotional state, I just hope he doesn't end up bland from overuse.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
OK, maybe its just me but I preferred when the MC was getting pics when on the other side of the curtain as it just made him feel like he was part of what was going on in that exact moment.

Would of liked to have seen it go on longer to add more to the teasing side of the game.

I'm not a big fan on the "we will discuss this when we go home and I will tell you everything approach" as it just feels like the MC is being excluded from what has happened and questioning what he is being told is the truth.

The MC should in my opinion always be included in what is happening in the then & now, but still really enjoying the game a lot compared to the usual copy past games that have been out as of late.

Great Game, enjoying it. (y)
The "keeping the MC in the dark" trope scenes serve a good narrative purpose as Ayumi tests the waters with the MC. Nothing is really happening, but he doesn't know that, and that allows Ayumi to test and push boundaries without doing anything wrong. Not that Tori should ever change his vision because of what people in the comments say (seen that ship sink a few too many times), but I too think that keeping the MC in the dark most often becomes worn out very quickly in all stories/games/whatever. I agree with baka in that the best NTS is when it is done together.

But yes, I too hope for more dudes than just "that guy"(Terrace), as focusing too much on one sexual partner, particularly 'one sexual partner that busts a nut in the wife at 7:15, and then is playing video games casually with the MC at 7:30' can risk awkwardness if not done properly. Terrace has been set up well as the ideal foil for adding tension to the MC's emotional state, I just hope he doesn't end up bland from overuse.
i prefer when the MC is included because i want to see the action! the last 2 episodes have leaned a little hard into the "MC can't see what is happening and is told about it later" thing, which is fine but i don't want it to become the main storytelling device

as an alternative, maybe we could see more "imagination" scenes like the bukkake after the beach. MC can watch ayumi tease or fool around with terrace (or preferably more guys at the party/on the beach), and MC sees little flashes of images of what might happen next. this is a fun way to show sex scenes without having to commit to them narratively

that said i also don't want that to take the place of actual, real sex. i'm not as sentimental as a lot of the ppl in this thread, i wanna see ayumi bouncing on dicks. and i want it to happen where MC can watch it, not just get told about it later
Just wanted to chime in with my support for all of these views, as well as having more male npcs being a good thing.

idkmanerally is definitely right that while overall good, the last few days have leaned in a little to hard to that trope. To me that setup feels more like 'ntr lite', there's no reason not for them to be together - especially in the early stages of such a relationship.

It also risks pidgeonholing the mc as an overly submissive character - even if not intended; there's a certain tonality that comes with "I'm going to do things over here (albeit with your blessing), then you'll find out later." It's a very different tonality from "We're hanging out with friends, it would be hot to watch my girlfriend tease and touch up on that guy.."

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
I agree with that Pr0GamerJohnny and I hope Torimiata will continue in the NTS domain to avoid any NTR dilemmas.
what I mean is that u can get stuck with that approach, if now the Mc will be the watcher/passive player while Ayumi gets more and more daring with whomever. the "send her to do missions" works in NTS, don't get me wrong, so it can be all that, and the behavior of Ayumi to make the Mc as a "pet", can also work, its not that the Mc need to be dominant (even if I like that more), as long Ayumi and Mc are a solid team.

surely this reaction from the players means the emotions are transferred, and thats a good thing, a bit of angst can work even in NTS, as long the final scene we get Ayumi & Mc as the victorious ones. but I get that some users will feel that this can deteriorate into a typical NTR-novella.

if we unpack the last scenes, it makes sense that the Mc is not inside. the Mc don't know what is happening and he "enjoy" that feeling. something Ayumi understands. so even if its NTR-style, its still NTS as Ayumi is doing this for them not for Terrace.
theres no "our bond is losing power, my feeling for Terrace is increasing" at all. and thats what a typical NTR would do. surely not always its shown but I can not feel anything that this is the case.

idkmanerally

May 2, 2023
The "keeping the MC in the dark" trope scenes serve a good narrative purpose as Ayumi tests the waters with the MC. Nothing is really happening, but he doesn't know that, and that allows Ayumi to test and push boundaries without doing anything wrong.
I think this guy nails it. the "keeping MC in the dark" thing was useful for this point in the story. it was hot! it sets things up really nicely for future chapters. but now i'm ready for the good stuff that we actually get to watch

glad to see so many people excited for more guys for ayumi to tease, that's gotta be one of the hottest ideas im looking forward to

that said, i don't wanna get in torimiata's head and fuck with his vision or influence him too much. so many games get ruined by listening to stupid fans who have terrible ideas.

buuuuuuuuuuuuuut i still wouldn't mind some teasers and more updates this month, to keep us pervs anticipating

Apr 20, 2018
I fully support the current pacing of the game, to be honest, and even the tone shifts make sense.
I've been actively in this community (not f95, but ero/vn) for over 10 years and on this site for 6.

I can tell you one thing I REALLY grew tired of and never supported is simply: Years for penetration to occur.

Games take time to develop, and as far as eroge goes, good pacing is needed, eroge being story and sex-focused, while nukige being PURE SEX.

That being said, I'm not looking to wait until 2025 to have Ayumi penetrated. I don't expect that of this dev either, the last thing I'd want is a constant bait into "is she doing anything".
This is why the last update we got genuinely made me decide to continuously support this man. It may be light netorase with what he did, but it's still SOMETHING. Yes, I love the dynamic between the MC and her girlfriend.

But the 2 types of NTR/NTRS I can't stand are simply where it takes way too long for the girl to sleep with someone, or the opposite, in which she hops STRAIGHT on another dick (unless a blatant cheating story, then fair, but good writing will show a buildup in my opinion).

The dev currently has my full support, I wish he'd put out a few more slots for the discounted top tier though, since Valentines is coming up and buying stuff can be pricey. I'm hoping for a February release this time, since I get he took a break for Christmas and all, but the monthly release window is always nice to look forward to, vs 1.5 or 2 months.

Lolikanion

Sep 11, 2019
I hope we will not wait 3+ updates for just a handjob, slowburn is fine I like it, but it doesnt need to get too slowburn.

Mastero11

May 30, 2023
I agree that all sexual activities should be done during our viewing. Telling what happened is good and hot in certain situations, but if it becomes permanent, it will quickly get boring. The author has a good approach to teasing and I think he will do everything right.

Reactions: kristo0086

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
I agree, and its not that its overused at this moment. so far so good.
its just that we tend to over-analyze and make predictions and hope/fear where the DEV will take it.
but since he has done a good job we should believe in his skills.

mok135

Feb 27, 2018
At this point it is better to trust Torimiata with the pacing and progression of the sexual scenes. There is a very fine line between a pleasant slow-burn and endless blue-balling. But rushing the progression would absolutely ruin it for me. So I hope that Torimiata takes into account all the suggestions about the pacing, etc., but continues to follow his own vision with some modifications if REALLY necessary. I have never seen so many different expectations be placed upon a game of this genre, so I would guess it is very stressful for the dev to even visit this thread.

mok135

Feb 27, 2018
At this point it is better to trust Torimiata with the pacing and progression of the sexual scenes. There is a very fine line between a pleasant slow-burn and endless blue-balling. But rushing the progression would absolutely ruin it for me. So I hope that Torimiata takes into account all the suggestions about the pacing, etc., but continues to follow his own vision with some modifications if REALLY necessary. I have never seen so many different expectations be placed upon a game of this genre, so I would guess it is very stressful for the dev to even visit this thread.
It seems like everyone has their own vision of what a perfect netorase game should be. And everyone wants the game to fit exactly their vision without fail. I reeally doubt that everyone will be satisfied no matter what direction the game goes.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
Im satisfied, its not that all games need to be what I want. because if I get what I want its both egoistical and a bit predictable.
its the unexpected that makes it special as well. said that of course I have preferences and wants, but as many of u already says, the most important thing is that the DEV has motivation and inspiration to continue making his VN.

and of course it will not be "perfect", I already wrote somewhere else that instead of Terrace looking like that I would have preferred a nerdy obese virgin pervy friend. still I like the game the way it is.

what I can hope is that some of my "wants" will be added, not because I forced the DEV to make it but because the DEV had that in mind already.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: What's Up Doc?
4.60 star(s) 45 Votes