VN Ren'Py Blurring the Walls [v0.5.2] [Torimiata]

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

calokc

Mar 15, 2021
Hello!
I really enjoyed the game! But I miss reading it in my native language. Could someone give me some tips on where to find the texts to translate them?

kristo0086

Nov 17, 2021
update says there are two logical points where he could end the next chapter, and that depending which one he decides to go for, it'll change the release date. so it sounds like he's debating between a smaller, faster update vs a larger, slower update. the image is just stock image of three hands playing rock paper scissors, not anything from the game. it could be a clue, or not!

i would appreciate weekly updates from the dev, and i think it would be good marketing for him to do more updates. he has a lot of excited fans, more updates would give more people reason to subscribe to the patreon.
Weekly updates are crazy. It would have been terribly small and we would not have had time to taste it and it would have ended immediately.

idkmanerally

May 2, 2023
Weekly updates are crazy. It would have been terribly small and we would not have had time to taste it and it would have ended immediately.
weekly updates as in patreon posts, not updates to the game. more communication. i'll edit my post for clarification.

for example, if 9 days ago he was debating between two release sizes, this week he could tell us which way he's leaning.

Reactions: Fensin

kristo0086

Nov 17, 2021
weekly updates as in patreon posts, not updates to the game. more communication. i'll edit my post for clarification.

for example, if 9 days ago he was debating between two release sizes, this week he could tell us which way he's leaning.
The game developer has already written that he doesn't have much time. I don't think it's worth bothering him.

mok135

Feb 27, 2018

I agree. More communication would be really appreciated. Update posts don't really have to contain a cg or even that much information. It can be just a short message with some details on the development, some random ideas, etc.

Tecton

May 25, 2017
I agree. More communication would be really appreciated. Update posts don't really have to contain a cg or even that much information. It can be just a short message with some details on the development, some random ideas, etc.
The dev seemingly has little free time, so updating on game progress would slow actual game progress.

Reactions: kristo0086

mok135

Feb 27, 2018
The dev seemingly has little free time, so updating on game progress would slow actual game progress.
I really don't see how that would be the case. Writing a sentence or two on the game's progress weekly wouldn't take much time at all. It isn't like we are asking for everyday posts or for literal essays on the game.

kristo0086

Nov 17, 2021
I really don't see how that would be the case. Writing a sentence or two on the game's progress weekly wouldn't take much time at all. It isn't like we are asking for everyday posts or for literal essays on the game.
Dude, people are different. Maybe he thinks a lot about what to write then translate the text correctly, check for all errors, attach an image, etc. As a result, it turns out that he spends 20-40 minutes .

mok135

Feb 27, 2018
Dude, people are different. Maybe he thinks a lot about what to write then translate the text correctly, check for all errors, attach an image, etc. As a result, it turns out that he spends 20-40 minutes .
That just sounds like far-fetched excuses, but whatever. I don't really care that much, but it would be good for his patreon if it provided some regular benefits for the patreons. Obviously, shortening the delay between game updates is out, it would dilute the game and I wouldn't want that either. So the only thing that remains to bring in more patreons and hype up the existing ones are regular posts on the game.

kristo0086

Nov 17, 2021
That just sounds like far-fetched excuses, but whatever. I don't really care that much, but it would be good for his patreon if it provided some regular benefits for the patreons. Obviously, shortening the delay between game updates is out, it would dilute the game and I wouldn't want that either. So the only thing that remains to bring in more patreons and hype up the existing ones are regular posts on the game.
Prove that regular posts will affect the number of patreons .

Torimiata

Game Developer
Sep 24, 2023
I'm still here, just full development mode right now :coffee:

I understand concerns about update frequency, yet doing that sometimes is more complex than it appears. I might do a post towards end of the week once I have something more interesting to share but maybe it's just me, a post like that definitely takes some time and it's a distraction - I have to be careful with what I say.

Experience has taught me the importance of cautious communication. Inaccurate estimates can be more harmful than no estimates at all, and rushed releases can do more damage than delayed releases. Mentioning scenes that may not make it into the final version is also something I don't like to do - and it has happened.

Looking at the numbers, it's clear that what really boosts Patreon support is the act of releasing new content. Activity tends to dip significantly between releases - it's literally almost like a straight line (also why leaks can be so complicated).

Maybe other people have different experiences, that could be interesting to see as well.

mok135

Feb 27, 2018
I'm still here, just full development mode right now :coffee:

I understand concerns about update frequency, yet doing that sometimes is more complex than it appears. I might do a post towards end of the week once I have something more interesting to share but maybe it's just me, a post like that definitely takes some time and it's a distraction - I have to be careful with what I say.

Experience has taught me the importance of cautious communication. Inaccurate estimates can be more harmful than no estimates at all, and rushed releases can do more damage than delayed releases. Mentioning scenes that may not make it into the final version is also something I don't like to do - and it has happened.

Looking at the numbers, it's clear that what really boosts Patreon support is the act of releasing new content. Activity tends to dip significantly between releases - it's literally almost like a straight line (also why leaks can be so complicated).

Maybe other people have different experiences, that could be interesting to see as well.
Fair enough. Patreon posts might not bring much new subscribers, but it would help keep the existing ones. Right now there is not enough incentive to keep being subscribed every month, considering that updates come out every 2 months. That's where the dips in subscribers come from. I guess it is fine if it is not your priority. I, myself, am lukewarm on patreon posts, but it is usually what creators do to keep up the activity.

kristo0086

Nov 17, 2021
Fair enough. Patreon posts might not bring much new subscribers, but it would help keep the existing ones. Right now there is not enough incentive to keep being subscribed every month, considering that updates come out every 2 months. That's where the dips in subscribers come from. I guess it is fine if it is not your priority. I, myself, am lukewarm on patreon posts, but it is usually what creators do to keep up the activity.
The number of subscribers is not decreasing .

Kavlas99

Jan 27, 2024
As a Patreon subscriber I agree that we need updates about the progress of his work more often ! Cause tbh I don’t think I will sub again until the platinum tier release of the game ! Cause it’s been like 20 days from 0.4.2 and we only got one mini update ! So not worth the 14-15€!!

Reactions: Fensin and Syndevic

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
in our game we usually do 1 blog-post/week. if not we tell we gonna pause for whatever holiday/reasons or its update-time and we skip it.
I think its a good practice to follow a schedule. like every sunday. if its more as "when I feel theres something to say" it can stretch for weeks.
but, the DEV need to allow himself to just say: everything is going smoothly, one scene done, now working on a branch. over and out. so it will not strain the DEV to just post something without knowing what.
in the end we are making a game "together" with the supporters and they should be part of the development. at least with small updates of whats going on.
I do not agree that the DEV need to bend and obey, but at least be transparent and enjoy sharing his thoughts and progress.

DeanNorris

Aug 20, 2022
How about both sides calm down?
If NTR trolls show up (though I feel like they haven't in a while) just leave a reaction on their post to summarize what you feel about it and ignore it otherwise.
And if someone has a suggestion or question to the Dev, leave it it them to respond or clarify.
If somebody feels they don't want to support a Dev anymore because of a lack of updates, that's their choice. The dev can react and explain himself (as he did) and there's that. This does not need to become a whole discussion and fight about "sides", conspiracy theories and personal attacks.

Just remember that we are not in a bubble or echo chamber, other opinions are welcome here as long as they are respectful.

That's it from my side, I am back to lurking and hope future posts are less about bickering at each other and more about constructive criticism and fruitful discussions.

Torimiata

Game Developer
Sep 24, 2023
Always the passionate community :LUL:

Every form of support you give - be it through Patreon, reviews, or simply spreading the word - is super appreciated.

With the time I have, my focus is on development, particularly in the stretches between releases. It might seem like I disappear now and then, but for those who've been following for a while, you know the drill! I hope the game's quality and the content will compensate any of that.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ZeroV2

Jul 16, 2023

Every form of support you give - be it through Patreon, reviews, or simply spreading the word - is super appreciated.

With the time I have, my focus is on development, particularly in the stretches between releases. It might seem like I disappear now and then, but for those who've been following for a while, you know the drill! I hope the game's quality and the content will compensate any of that.

Furiously rewinds to lose

Kavlas99

Jan 27, 2024

It was about time for the goat itself to speak ! Appreciate u boss !

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes