VN Ren'Py Blurring the Walls [v0.5.2] [Torimiata]

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

NTRtexts

Oct 28, 2022
he uses stable diffusion, last time i asked. also i dont think he built his own model, but is using a custom LoRA trained on his own art (which i suspect is also a tweaked AI generation with manual tweaks for consistency, but that's speculation)

this game has a lot of little clues that show the AI. there's some weirdness with her nipples in a few frames of the eating-out scene and again in the changing room scene. her hair and bathing suit are inconsistent in the first beach scene

but they are small and forgivable errors to me, it's clear he does a lot of touch-up to the hands and faces. it's a million times better than the rendered-3D horror goblin faces other games on this site are using

normally, with an AI game, i would be worried the sex scenes would be stiff and unsexy, but this game already has a lot of sex scenes and they look great. i know everyone appreciates torimiata's writing and characters, but his actual superpower is how much he's doing with so little. animations in renpy are very rudimentary, and generating multi-frame AI with consistent placements is very hard, and he's able to pull both off extremely well. like the handjob scene with the boob bouncing and blur is impressively hot for what it is
I'm not an expert but when it comes to sex scenes i usually have to split the characters and use photoshop to some degree. you can't have a muscular man and a cute girl with a slim body in the same prompt, it usually "bleeds" the attributes into the other character. I think he did something similar based on how the handjob is animated for example.

Torimiata

Game Developer
Sep 24, 2023
I've always been transparent about my use of AI. It's like any other powerful tool out there – it has its ups and downs, and I think it's going to be seen as just that in the future. Not all good, not all bad. It is quite accessible though and easy to get something out which is what I think bothers/scares people.

It's still very impressive - but It's not about replacing creativity or clicking a button and calling it a day. It speeds things up for sure, but there's still a ton of sketching, color blocking, and tweaking by hand to get everything looking just right.

Honestly, this game wouldn't exist without AI. Tackling the art for this project would be a full-time job in itself.

With some help I did train LORAs on my own art trying to keep it from going too generic and hopefully you can see that in the characters but perhaps it's my inexperience but I feel I can only deviate so much from the baseline without corrupting the output. In fact, I have seen some works that are not that far off from this artstyle - particularly in the way bodies are rendered (highlights/shadows)

Lately, I have been using my Cintiq more and more since there's more complex scenes (and complex here is not always obvious) but I can see how one could avoid that by adapting more the narrative to fit the tool.

One quirky thing about AI is the 'noise' it introduces into images, obvious giveaway. I leave it unedited as I don't care, but I find it amusing that scenes that were reworked by hand so much bypass AI detection altogether.
zs.png zs2.png

NTRtexts

Oct 28, 2022
I've always been transparent about my use of AI. It's like any other powerful tool out there – it has its ups and downs, and I think it's going to be seen as just that in the future. Not all good, not all bad. It is quite accessible though and easy to get something out which is what I think bothers/scares people.

It's still very impressive - but It's not about replacing creativity or clicking a button and calling it a day. It speeds things up for sure, but there's still a ton of sketching, color blocking, and tweaking by hand to get everything looking just right.

Honestly, this game wouldn't exist without AI. Tackling the art for this project would be a full-time job in itself.

With some help I did train LORAs on my own art trying to keep it from going too generic and hopefully you can see that in the characters but perhaps it's my inexperience but I feel I can only deviate so much from the baseline without corrupting the output. In fact, I have seen some works that are not that far off from this artstyle - particularly in the way bodies are rendered (highlights/shadows)

Lately, I have been using my Cintiq more and more since there's more complex scenes (and complex here is not always obvious) but I can see how one could avoid that by adapting more the narrative to fit the tool.

One quirky thing about AI is the 'noise' it introduces into images, obvious giveaway. I leave it unedited as I don't care, but I find it amusing that scenes that were reworked by hand so much bypass AI detection altogether.
View attachment 3362355 View attachment 3362455
I knew it! You're editing them just like I though, changing expressions and stuff. Anyway, I think you're doing a perfect job for what the game needs. Don't stress over details or what the critics say. I wouldn't stress over ai detection but maybe you know something I don't. Your AI is better than Mila AI, for example. And it's obviously better than hand-drawn stuff like Wife in the Building which I find hard to... read to because it's so bad-looking

sunnychad

Jan 27, 2023

at which time the new update is going to come

AMereShadow

Feb 12, 2018
i just want to say i love the art and it certianly seemed intrasting, unfornatly im one of those people who dislike nts/ntr so i wont be continuing this. I'm only saying this to let the dev know i like this, i know everyone still here dont care about me leaving but i felt like i needed to say i liked what i saw for the most part. feel free to get the pitchforks and torches though, i wont complain. in canse your wondering why i even played it with it having the tag, its because i didnt check tags for once, when i saw ari? kissing terrace? thats what made me suspicise and check the commets to realze what i was playing (man i cant spell today).

Last edited:

Lolikanion

Sep 11, 2019
i just want to say i love the art and it certianly seemed intrasting, unfornatly im one of those people who dislike nts/ntr so i wont be continuing this. I'm only saying this to let the dev know i like this, i know everyone still here dont care about me leaving but i felt like i needed to say i liked what i saw for the most part. feel free to get the pitchforks and torches though, i wont complain. in canse your wondering why i even played it with it having the tag, its because i didnt check tags for once, when i saw ari? kissing terrace? thats what made me suspicise and check the commets to realze what i was playing (man i cant spell today).
Its okay bro, everyone has their own fetishes.
Atleast you are polite unlike some other anti ntr people.

natsukirei

Mar 15, 2022

cant wait for the next version ^_^

YSEM

Dec 13, 2019
I'm intrigued, apparently it's an update with a CG and another post with the same CG but with some revelation. I hope that in a few days someone will let us know what it is about. Keep the good work Torimiata!

Reactions: Caninenappe

idkmanerally

May 2, 2023
Torimiata you mentioned in a previous update:

"There are two key moments where this chapter could wrap up, and I'm still deciding between them. Ideally, I'd love to reach that second key moment, but...

The ETA for 0.5.0 might vary quite a bit depending on which path I choose. I'll keep you updated as things become clearer."

Where did you decide to end this chapter, the second one? Since it sounds like a big update, does this mean the new update will be roughly the same size as 0.4?

nightseph

Apr 25, 2023

Your work with the AI is amazing, I had somewhat of a resistance to any AI artwork, but after seeing this game, my mind opened a lot and became much more apt to accept AI art, not only on this game but on other arts on the internet and other games too, so thank you for opening this door on my heart

petrenko8

Jul 16, 2018

Hey everyone,
I'm full speed on the artwork. There's some complex scenes that are proving to be a bit more time-consuming than anticipated.
And... on the scripting side, things got pretty heavy - as usual Sorry!

It is a draft but after a lot of tweaking to ensure everything flows well and ends just right, the word count is now officially >30,000 words... Yep, that's a lot of narrative to cover!
This means the deadline is starting to look a little tight. Unless I decide to cut some content (and you know how I feel about that), and even editing takes a fair chunk of time...
As always, my aim is to prioritize quality over rushing things out. I’d rather take a bit more time to ensure we’re all happy with the final product than to compromise on the game's quality but I'll do my best.
Thanks for your patience and understanding!

I'll leave you with a fun little tease: On the way to the party, Terrace suggested the girls to go up the grand staircase first... I wonder why

(someone keeps forgetting something... wonder what)

Wirwawlp

Mar 20, 2023

Hey everyone,
I'm full speed on the artwork. There's some complex scenes that are proving to be a bit more time-consuming than anticipated.
And... on the scripting side, things got pretty heavy - as usual Sorry!

It is a draft but after a lot of tweaking to ensure everything flows well and ends just right, the word count is now officially >30,000 words... Yep, that's a lot of narrative to cover!
This means the deadline is starting to look a little tight. Unless I decide to cut some content (and you know how I feel about that), and even editing takes a fair chunk of time...
As always, my aim is to prioritize quality over rushing things out. I’d rather take a bit more time to ensure we’re all happy with the final product than to compromise on the game's quality but I'll do my best.
Thanks for your patience and understanding!

I'll leave you with a fun little tease: On the way to the party, Terrace suggested the girls to go up the grand staircase first... I wonder why

(someone keeps forgetting something... wonder what)
Well I'd rather have less words and more CG as it's a "Visual Novel" (show don't tell if there are too many words then it'd rather be just a novel). I'm hoping the words aren't just "ooo00000h, aaAAAAAhhhhhh, so good!, you are so pretty, you are so beautiful!". hoping to get alteast meaningful conversations between the characters and not just prolonged conversations. The pic is a good teaser though pretty sure Terrace might have also showed his hard on ^_^.
Still looking forward to it to see how it goes.

Lolikanion

Sep 11, 2019
You know, I completly forgot that the whole dressing room scene was because we were invited to a party if I remember correctly.

Excited to see what happens next.

Karcosa

Apr 26, 2023
That Teaser! holy... art in this game keeps just geting better :) 30k words is nice, this tag and this game will never work withtout good writing, and this game has that, the art and the great scenes that have been improving update after update, so i will preff to wait for quality 24/7.

YSEM

Dec 13, 2019
I suppose based on the coloring of the CG's shapes, it is the same CG but without the toga. I would also like to be able to see it soon.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 45 Votes