VN Ren'Py Blurring the Walls [v0.5.2] [Torimiata]

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

Rastafoo

Jun 6, 2018
Does anyone happen to know if he's just got his head down and working on it, or if it'll be abandoned? Liked the writing a fair bit, and the art was pretty good too, but as we all know early projects and especially AI stuff get abandoned pretty easily, and no notice on his Patreon in nearly 2 weeks~
He's on itch io and responds to the reviews/comments he gets there. You should give him a five star over there, he's really grateful and nice

Torimiata

Game Developer
Sep 24, 2023
Hey hey :) still alive and well, I will post something on patreon this week, but I can share some info in the meantime.

We are getting close the one month mark since last release (last one was 22 days ago) so you know what that means...

Pace wise it is a slow burner, but it will get there.

Kekekerkek

Aug 18, 2018
Hey hey :) still alive and well, I will post something on patreon this week, but I can share some info in the meantime.

We are getting close the one month mark since last release (last one was 22 days ago) so you know what that means...

Pace wise it is a slow burner, but it will get there.
tomorrow ? :0 guess not lol

Last edited:

kristo0086

Nov 17, 2021
"22 days ago"
I assume he means the patch fix for this month as a starting standard, which would mean 1 month is approximately 1 week. (Next Thursday)
I think there will be a history update . It uses artificial intelligence , so the work goes faster than in similar games .

Apr 20, 2018
it's been 32 days, is the update still going out today? or will it be somewhere next week?

Today marks about a month, however, to be technical this thread was updated on October 6th, thus giving it 4 more days worst case for a "month wait".

If you're waiting for free especially just be patient, I assure you there are thousands of games on here, pick one and do you.
Due to writing and surprisingly art quality, I await the next update, but I'm not gonna die. Just bookmark his Patreon and check for the updated titles/posts there.

Kekekerkek

Aug 18, 2018
Today marks about a month, however, to be technical this thread was updated on October 6th, thus giving it 4 more days worst case for a "month wait".

If you're waiting for free especially just be patient, I assure you there are thousands of games on here, pick one and do you.
Due to writing and surprisingly art quality, I await the next update, but I'm not gonna die. Just bookmark his Patreon and check for the updated titles/posts there.
"however, to be technical this thread was updated on October 6th, thus giving it 4 more days worst case for a "month wait" "
no, it was updated on itchi.io 32 days ago meaning it's been more than a month

"surprisingly art quality"(its ia lol)

"Just bookmark his Patreon and check for the updated titles/posts there." which i already did but there is no info in any of his sites which i think is a problem, communication is key, update can be delayed it's not what i mind but the lack of any info.

Apr 20, 2018
"however, to be technical this thread was updated on October 6th, thus giving it 4 more days worst case for a "month wait" "
no, it was updated on itchi.io 32 days ago meaning it's been more than a month

"surprisingly art quality"(its ia lol)

"Just bookmark his Patreon and check for the updated titles/posts there." which i already did but there is no info in any of his sites which i think is a problem, communication is key, update can be delayed it's not what i mind but the lack of any info.

1. Yet again, you're using a free site, and it was updated HERE around or just under a month ago, just be patient is where I'm ending this first point.

2. It's Ai... Trained on his own art for accelerated production, it's not just outright stolen assets, he also retouches even what the AI does to make it flow better, hence why many have said this is good for AI standards. A ton of the AI looks botched, hand issues, yada yada. I'd just at least respect that you'll get good art at a faster pace.

3. His info on Patreon is essentially enough, we're approaching the month mark and we'll get an update soon.
If it isn't out by the end of next week, quote this and I'll apologise, but as long as he plans on roughly monthly releases or bi-monthly, whichever he says he'll do, give the man some love.

I wanna "breed" more competent creators who enjoy it, make better quality and quantity content, and compensate those I believe in, not scare them off with strict deadlines on their very first update... (The other update was a few quality-of-life fixes so I'd say this upcoming one is the proper next update)

Anyway, just be patient and let's look forward to seeing what Torimiata can do. :)

Reactions: JasDoc

Kekekerkek

Aug 18, 2018
1. Yet again, you're using a free site, and it was updated HERE around or just under a month ago, just be patient is where I'm ending this first point.

2. It's Ai... Trained on his own art for accelerated production, it's not just outright stolen assets, he also retouches even what the AI does to make it flow better, hence why many have said this is good for AI standards. A ton of the AI looks botched, hand issues, yada yada. I'd just at least respect that you'll get good art at a faster pace.

3. His info on Patreon is essentially enough, we're approaching the month mark and we'll get an update soon.
If it isn't out by the end of next week, quote this and I'll apologise, but as long as he plans on roughly monthly releases or bi-monthly, whichever he says he'll do, give the man some love.

I wanna "breed" more competent creators who enjoy it, make better quality and quantity content, and compensate those I believe in, not scare them off with strict deadlines on their very first update... (The other update was a few quality-of-life fixes so I'd say this upcoming one is the proper next update)

Anyway, just be patient and let's look forward to seeing what Torimiata can do. :)
I'm not gonna argue more since it's useless we both have our stance but even if i too like this game he needs to at least COMMUNICATE its my whole point, if he says it's delayed before the date i don't mind/care and trust me when there is no communication about something and the update still didn't came after 1 month it won't want to make people support him or the ones already supporting will drop it.(PS: stop with the "we're approaching the month mark" we already are at 32 days its a non-argument, the date is already passed)

Torimiata

Game Developer
Sep 24, 2023
I appreciate the nudge for more communication. It’s timely because I’ve just posted an update on Patreon, which is accessible to everyone.

It's on the cusp of the next release but not quite there yet. It shouldn't be too far off from that timeline though, just wait a bit more so I can review/copyedit the work properly and give it the final touches.

Rushing out a release is something I could do just to meet the exact day—but I don't want to, and I believe you wouldn't want that either :)

At the end of the day, I want to be happy of the work I’m sharing, that's why I'm doing this!

Rastafoo

Jun 6, 2018
I appreciate the nudge for more communication. It’s timely because I’ve just posted an update on Patreon, which is accessible to everyone.

It's on the cusp of the next release but not quite there yet. It shouldn't be too far off from that timeline though, just wait a bit more so I can review/copyedit the work properly and give it the final touches.

Rushing out a release is something I could do just to meet the exact day—but I don't want to, and I believe you wouldn't want that either :)

At the end of the day, I want to be happy of the work I’m sharing, that's why I'm doing this!
Take your time! Thursday is a weird day to release anyway, I always prefer Fri-Mon, to start or end my week with a bang! X)

Kekekerkek

Aug 18, 2018

hey, don't worry as i said i personally don't mind if it takes a bit longer i would just like a bit more com on the matter but good to know it'll come out soon i like your game :)

FMag

Aug 1, 2019
Hey Torimiata,

first of all, my compliments for the game. I'll write a review if you're interested but I just wanted to say that the tags are my cup of tea and that Ayumi is gorgeous.
Anyway, I saw your Patreon post and that bikini is killer.

Torimiata

Game Developer
Sep 24, 2023
Hi everyone,

You should know the wait is over! Release 0.3.0 is here for higher tiers on Patreon. Took a while but it's a big update:
- Around +23,000 words
- 8 Key CG events (+80 total new images inc. variations)
- A new character, Ari, complete with a set of sprites.

Not sure yet when the public release is gonna be so I'll leave you with a small tease!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes