Ren'Py - Abandoned - Boarding School [v0.14b] [Innovation]

1. 2.00 star(s)

JackMiejov

I'm updating my review to include version 0.14-a. On the good side, the user interface is much better than it was before. Unfortunately, that's really the only good thing to say. There was hardly any content added, and there is a lot of "Engrish" spelling and grammar problems. The text is not enjoyable to read because it's so poorly written. Unfortunately, the new user interface and game mechanics have brought lots of new bugs with them. The developer has basically spent months just to make the mechanics more similar to other sandbox games, at the cost of the game's robustness and the player experience.

Additionally, there is still no lewd content at all. There are a couple of scenes where the MC imagines what another character looks like partially naked. You read that right. If you've ground through every update so far, your reward is a couple of still renders of topless girls. I will reiterate what I said before that this game won't be worth downloading for at least another year.

Given the changes the developer has been making and is reported to be making, there's about a 100% chance that players' savegames will be incompatible in one or more future updates, too.

Previous review from 2021-10-06:
    This game is somewhat new and I played versions .10 through .13. There have been 5 "major" releases in the past 7 months, but there's hardly any new content or improvements to the game in each release. Unfortunately, there's just not enough content in the game to make it worth playing right now. Most of the game world is empty most of the time. The user interface is tedious. There are no lewd scenes at all. Players may or may not be able to complete tasks/quests due to the content not being in the game, but there's no way for players to tell, which is frustrating. At the current rate of progress, this game won't even be worth downloading in a year from now.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

granite

Ver.0.09
    At the moment there is very little content in game. Unfortunately models look bad, artificial and lifeless. Dialogues non existing for most girls, just placeholder telling there be more in future updates. The one with dialogues... well is bad. As bad as written by 12 y.o. or worse. But the most infuriating thing about this game is menus, lots and lots of expanding menus. To go somewhere you have open map, then choose 1 of 2 buildings then one off many rooms.
    conclusion
    pro
    ... error 404 not found
    cons
    - clunky overbuilded menu system
    - lifeless models
    - bad dialogues