VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Bone of Ancients [v0.1_1] [NoF8 Studio]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Renaulto

I'll start off with what I liked about Bone of Ancients.
    The overall story idea I found likable so long as you're alright with a light supernatural game. Having grown up and watched things like Charmed and Sabrina the teenage witch, I liked it. The rendering looks nice, and the overall grammar was good as well.

Things I didn't like.
    I found some of the choices given didn't work. It forces a single one to be your only clickable option. I don't know if that is intentional, or a glitch. If intentional, get rid of the others and just have 1 option to click. Having to click 1 or 2 that don't work just to hunt for the one that does isn't enjoyable. Major? Nah...just takes away from the games play smoothness. I also hit an error when I wished to do a "Bad" option, and thankfully the rollback worked. Lastly, it's extremely short. I know it's early in its development, but for an opening or an opening with 1 update it's extremely short play.

I believe that Bone of Ancients has potential to be a long running game, and can be a lot of fun. Also being in an established universe, the Dev can pull from a lot of source materials to help along the story. Do I think it's worth playing right now? Sure. It is short as I said, but it is kind of cool.