4.00 star(s) 163 Votes

Oseo Bones

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2017
we have 04-27.. maybe its time for an update?
Oh my! I didn't realize it has been that long... you know what?, I'll work double... NO! triple, and get an update by tomorrow.. NO! later today... NO! scratch that!... YESTERDAY!!. YES I WILL GO BACK IN TIME A MAKE THE WHOLE THING BEFORE IT EVEN EXISTED!!! THAT WAY PEOPLE WILL LOVE ME AGAIN...

Can't really blame pace61 honestly, its been a damn long time. even with all the shit that happened involving patreon. Since his work is loved, you can't blame people for wanting updates. Or at least want some info about when the update is coming, because even his trello has been innactive for 2 months.

Also there being no info about when the new game its demo is releasing or how much progress the doc has made on it doesn't help the case.

Don't get me wrong, the doc can take all the time he wants. I'd rather have a nice update than a rushed one, but maybe some more news on the topic can be usefull.
There's information everywhere... in this thread, on Patreon, and of course, the discord server, which I ALWAYS said yu guys check first.

This is not a matter of information not given, is a matter of patience, which most people, of course, don't have any.
I can't go around telling players to wait for a date I don't even have. In the past I had ideal dates that I gave and tried to accomplish, which most times I didn't, and backfired like hellfire. Now, I just don't give any, and release the things when they are ready. It is not optimal, and it clearly does not work. But I'm all out of ideas.

Now, I'm not putting myself in a high horse, but, making a game by yourself is NOT an easy task, even by using an engine as userfriendly as RPGM. People tend to forget that I'm a solo dev, I don't have a team of 5 to 8 people, and haven't reach the money milestone to hire help. And I'm not talking about making music or writing complementary scripts, I'm talking about secondary artists, and coders which I want to get on payroll, and not work for free, because, even If I'm grateful with some of your offers, I will need people I can rely on, because they are being paid.

Ok, I wrote more than I intended... I'm doing my best here, this is a rough patch, but once everything is settled, thing will go back to be as sweet and nasty as they used to... you just need to wait... Or don't, ultimately is your choice. But saying things like "Maybe is time for and update?" does not help at all.... AT ALL.

EDIT: Also also... as I always say: If you are a Patreon and you are unhappy with how things are turning out, then please... please stop pledging. And if you have the game for free... well... you know.

Also, I should clearify that I don't actually own a time machine.

Decker

Aug 6, 2016
Oh my! I didn't realize it has been that long... you know what?, I'll work double... NO! triple, and get an update by tomorrow.. NO! later today... NO! scratch that!... YESTERDAY!!. YES I WILL GO BACK IN TIME A MAKE THE WHOLE THING BEFORE IT EVEN EXISTED!!! THAT WAY PEOPLE WILL LOVE ME AGAIN...

There's information everywhere... in this thread, on Patreon, and of course, the discord server, which I ALWAYS said yu guys check first.

This is not a matter of information not given, is a matter of patience, which most people, of course, don't have any.
I can't go around telling players to wait for a date I don't even have. In the past I had ideal dates that I gave and tried to accomplish, which must times I didn't, and backfired like hellfire. Now, I just don't give any, and release the things when they are ready. It is not optimal, and it clearly does not work. But I'm all out of ideas.

Now, I'm not putting myself in a high horse, but, making a game by yourself is NOT an easy task, even by using an engine as userfriendly as RPGM. People tend to forget that I'm a solo dev, I don't have a team of 5 to 8 people, and haven't reach the money milestone to hire help. And I'm not talking about making music or writing complementary scripts, I'm talking about secondary artists, and coders which I want to get on payroll, and not work for free, because, even If I'm grateful with some of your offers, I will need people I can rely on, because they are being paid.

Ok, I wrote more than I intended... I'm doing my best here, this is a rough patch, but once everything is settled, thing will go back to be as sweet and nasty as they used to... you just need to wait... Or don't, ultimately is your choice. But saying things like "Maybe is time for and update?" does not help at all.... AT ALL.

EDIT: Also also... as I always say: If you are a Patreon and you are unhappy with how things are turning out, then please... please stop pledging. And if you have the game for free... well... you know.

Hello Doc,

I am so happy to see you again ? How are you ?
How is the development of the new game going ?
It is so sad that you have to put the Manor on hiatus until the new game is developed... I keep on loggin hoping to see any news regarding your new game and good news about the Manor... I have great expectation regarding your project that I know will be met.

Damn ! It would be so cool... ;(

Good luck with the new projects.

fuckyouassholes

Nov 27, 2018

I can't go around telling players to wait for a date I don't even have. In the past I had ideal dates that I gave and tried to accomplish, which must times I didn't, and backfired like hellfire. Now, I just don't give any, and release the things when they are ready. It is not optimal, and it clearly does not work. But I'm all out of ideas.

heu bones, how about this platform ?

maybe use this as patreon alternative ?

Robert rivers

Feb 6, 2018
The Doc was always late for his releases, and with two projects at the same time? working alone? damn, hell of a time for his fans (and for him lol) glad he did a plan B before hand, we from this part of view have two jobs, be patient or get the fuck out lol

Sonico

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
The Doc was always late for his releases, and with two projects at the same time? working alone? damn, hell of a time for his fans (and for him lol) glad he did a plan B before hand, we from this part of view have two jobs, be patient or get the fuck out lol
Pardon the ignorance, but what is Doc's other project? Just curious.

Sonico

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
See my reply above to Boglat.

Cheers!!
Yes, thanks, i did end up checking when you sent the previous reply. So at present this other project is more of a concept started to cover the gap left by Patreon's policy change than anything definite or clear, at least for the moment.

Reactions: LucasLeels

SomeDamnedDude

Apr 8, 2018
Yes, thanks, i did end up checking when you sent the previous reply. So at present this other project is more of a concept started to cover the gap left by Patreon's policy change than anything definite or clear, at least for the moment.
Well, the Good Doctor has a thorough outline for what he has in mind, but being as he is starting from scratch with totally new characters and plot, it might take a bit of time. I firmly believe that he will produce that game and release more content for this one.

Cheers!!

Reactions: LucasLeels
4.00 star(s) 163 Votes