Unity Bonfire [v0.67.0] [Hogswild Prasetto]

4.30 star(s) 9 Votes

RenZReh

May 16, 2018
If you really think I'm doing all that, then I will try my best to redeem it. Thank you, this really motivates me to do even better.
This post wasn't about you. It's about Fek. I answered the question of one of the people who don't know about him.

RenZReh

May 16, 2018
I write this here mostly to let people like you know that I am ready to take your feedback on this kind of concern. It is only a shame you had to keep all of this to yourself while being a patron; you had plenty of ways to inform me about it in the mean time, instead of waiting for the time you were "fed up" and ready to rant about it on a place like this.

This project is a lot of fun for me to work on, and sometimes it is very easy to become distracted by other features that are not part of the plot. The plot is important, but I also want to offer creative tools (command console, NPC editor, scrolls, etc) that let others do more with this project other than doing fetch quests and watching cutscenes.

I am not taking money for my "several part bugfixes"; those never collect any pledges. Only the main version release near the end of the month does collect pledges (if they do come out, because this is not a monthly patron campaign.)

This is how I do my thing: I want to have fun working on this at my own pace and lovingly seeing what others do with it, and that includes the chitchats taking place over here. Take it like this or leave; my project is not made for anyone disagreeing with this.

Thank you for your support though.
And now about what you wrote.
1) You had at least one case when you were very late with the update and said that it would be "free", although after that you still took the money from your patrons.

2) You say that the plot is important but creative tools are also needed. However, 90% of all your work for almost a year is just work on creative tools and not a bit of advancement in the plot. (Genies? Prime Genie? Shadow in the tavern? What is a dark orc seen during the Fuse? A Bolt (an orc under a tree) Are these just static objects? Or in a few years the plot will move?)

3) Finally, let's go straight to creative tools. Have you even noticed that out of all 800+ people that have become your patreons, only units use the functions that you enter on the command line or in creating NPC's ??? The overwhelming number doesn't use it/don't know how/they aren't interested. (There is such a problem with developers. Add everything at once without paying attention to what already exists and how well it works. This problem hasn't bypassed you.)

4) In the beginning you write that you heard people like me. But at the end you answer right away. "If you don't accept something, go to hell." Self-contradiction?

And you know, this is very disappointing. After all, you are one of the best developers. Most generally ignore anyone. Most of them don't care about the quality of their work and they all do the same thing. Going to this site you can understand what I mean ... And of course, the thirst for money. It is easier to do something that was already than to come up with something original. And for a long time (not infrequently for many years) to suck out money from their patreons. By releasing updates that carry nothing in themselves except bug fixes, adding even more bugs and adding 1.5 hardly working functions.

(This is especially true for just disgusting content where you turn from a guy to a girl. There are already tens of thousands of such games and they all look alike like two drops of water. And people want more(Why???) . Sometimes it seems that I live in some kind of hell.)

Hogswild

Mar 2, 2018
At the same time, he receives $ 25,000 each month just for doing nothing. And he tells people "Why do you pay me?"
Despite this, the fact that he earns 25K from willing patrons that can stop supporting him at any time flat out voids this discussion. Why they do it? They just like the project and its execution... until they don't. Simple.

And now about what you wrote.
1) You had at least one case when you were very late with the update and said that it would be "free", although after that you still took the money from your patrons.
Now here you are blatantly threading on slandering and this I will not tolerate. I may have said something of that sort, but I'm sure it could've been related to bundling whatever patch I may have "promised" with a version released later on for whatever reason (delays, usually). You are quick to jump on saying that I "take money", but cite none of the months when I did not charge anything at all.

In the beginning you write that you heard people like me. But at the end you answer right away. "If you don't accept something, go to hell." Self-contradiction?
I am carefully reading my own posts and I fail to see where I mention that "I heard people like you"; I said I wrote that for anyone that may have the same thoughts. You are pretty much the very first one to state so many details with a clearly perceivable disgust, or whatever it may be. And yes, I still stand by that statement: I can't please everyone, I'm doing what I like and if you don't like it, you are free to ignore it; the "go to hell" dressing, however, is nothing but foul reenactment on your part.

2) You say that the plot is important but creative tools are also needed. However, 90% of all your work for almost a year is just work on creative tools and not a bit of advancement in the plot. (Genies? Prime Genie? Shadow in the tavern? What is a dark orc seen during the Fuse? A Bolt (an orc under a tree) Are these just static objects? Or in a few years the plot will move?)

3) Finally, let's go straight to creative tools. Have you even noticed that out of all 800+ people that have become your patreons, only units use the functions that you enter on the command line or in creating NPC's ???
We have a post right above our discussion that addresses tattoo modding and somebody asking how to do it, this is kind of ironic.

You are absolutely right in that I neglected the plot, but I am trying to pick it back up as best as I can; I went back to finish Chob's quest not so long ago and I'm polishing those cutscene animations as I write this, I wouldn't say it's been years upon years that I abandoned that side of the project. I like to contemplate the story, let it cook in my head for a while without rushing it, carefully thinking about the quests and the scenes and ways to do them without going through a nightmare of old source code (Celik, for example, constantly breaking every time I move a finger).

I am taking your advice, now do take mine or at least consider it: chill. I will not engage into this discussion anymore, specially not if the level of slander keeps escalating.

Reactions: Rodney Richmond

Thassia Faune

May 11, 2018
Hope you won't mind, how did you create them? I tired a few times but can't get it right.
Especially the boar, I can't stop thinking what you set for his skin color. At first I thought it got something to do with hair coating :V
I did the "tattoos" that you can apply using the <Tattoo (filename)> (i used the "tatguide" code to get the wireframe refs).
I might as well post them here so others can use it and do other boars/orcas/sharks
As for the colors... it's naturally from the game. I usually put the "color mix" button to the far right to get the arms and legs with a darker color matching the "bottom layer", so the "top layer" color gat to the hand palms and feet sole.

RenZReh

May 16, 2018
I don't want to write to you anymore. Since if it continues, it will only lead to insulting each other. But I can say for sure you are much better than many who make games, because you can answer when they write to you, because you don't ignore those who write to you. Because you truly accept your problems. And don't lie to your fans/patreons (at least I hope). And the most important thing is that you still stick to monthly updates (although it’s not uncommon to be late), but it’s still much better than hearing excuses in a 5 minute post and getting nothing.

P.s. 0.19.2 free bugfix. (06.06.2018) June 1 was paid. After that, on the 6th, a free update was released. And only at the end of the month there was "no bug fix" update. After that, there were no updates for two months. That's what I'm talking about. As a result, the patrons paid for the update with the bug fixes. Why I do not consider the normal update for the 30th of June? Because this is the end of the month and the beginning of the new where you will pay for it.

(At the expense of Fek. The fact of the matter is that his fans aren't happy with this (With the exception of guinea pigs who cannot even tell about the bugs in the game because they are OK), but at the same time they continue to pay him, something like that "I hate you, but I will pay the money.")

Aykonn

Mar 19, 2018
Despite this, the fact that he earns 25K from willing patrons that can stop supporting him at any time flat out voids this discussion. Why they do it? They just like the project and its execution... until they don't. Simple.

Now here you are blatantly threading on slandering and this I will not tolerate. I may have said something of that sort, but I'm sure it could've been related to bundling whatever patch I may have "promised" with a version released later on for whatever reason (delays, usually). You are quick to jump on saying that I "take money", but cite none of the months when I did not charge anything at all.

I am carefully reading my own posts and I fail to see where I mention that "I heard people like you"; I said I wrote that for anyone that may have the same thoughts. You are pretty much the very first one to state so many details with a clearly perceivable disgust, or whatever it may be. And yes, I still stand by that statement: I can't please everyone, I'm doing what I like and if you don't like it, you are free to ignore it; the "go to hell" dressing, however, is nothing but foul reenactment on your part.

We have a post right above our discussion that addresses tattoo modding and somebody asking how to do it, this is kind of ironic.

You are absolutely right in that I neglected the plot, but I am trying to pick it back up as best as I can; I went back to finish Chob's quest not so long ago and I'm polishing those cutscene animations as I write this, I wouldn't say it's been years upon years that I abandoned that side of the project. I like to contemplate the story, let it cook in my head for a while without rushing it, carefully thinking about the quests and the scenes and ways to do them without going through a nightmare of old source code (Celik, for example, constantly breaking every time I move a finger).

I am taking your advice, now do take mine or at least consider it: chill. I will not engage into this discussion anymore, specially not if the level of slander keeps escalating.
Understand now why I compared you with Fek? Guess I should apologise to him for doing that.....

Canopus524144

Oct 13, 2018
I did the "tattoos" that you can apply using the <Tattoo (filename)> (i used the "tatguide" code to get the wireframe refs).
I might as well post them here so others can use it and do other boars/orcas/sharks
As for the colors... it's naturally from the game. I usually put the "color mix" button to the far right to get the arms and legs with a darker color matching the "bottom layer", so the "top layer" color gat to the hand palms and feet sole.
Thank you very much!
But I couldn't find the tattoos :C
Here's what I did:
Open the game -> press F1 and apply the "tatguide" code -> lead me to the refs ->Put your tattoos in the file -> Restart the game -> Went to profile and edit character.
Did I do it wrong?

OH...I just saw the instruction for tattoos.....sorry!!!

Hogswild

Mar 2, 2018
Thank you very much!
But I couldn't find the tattoos :C
Here's what I did:
Open the game -> press F1 and apply the "tatguide" code -> lead me to the refs ->Put your tattoos in the file -> Restart the game -> Went to profile and edit character.
Did I do it wrong?
tatguide will basically create a tattoo image on a specific folder, which you can edit with a program of your choosing. Save whatever tattoos you create into that folder and then import them into your orc by writing "tattoo nameOfFile".

Reactions: Rodney Richmond

styggtuff12

Jul 12, 2017
i keep running into the same glitch over and over and it just makes it impossible to play.
when you go through the portal to that desert island and then go pick up the lantern, the camera looks down to the ground a purple foot appears and that's all that is shown, the camera never moves and the scene never continues, it's just stuck there and i can't continue, can't even go to the menu i have to tab out and close the game...

Beau0015

Dec 8, 2017
i keep running into the same glitch over and over and it just makes it impossible to play.
when you go through the portal to that desert island and then go pick up the lantern, the camera looks down to the ground a purple foot appears and that's all that is shown, the camera never moves and the scene never continues, it's just stuck there and i can't continue, can't even go to the menu i have to tab out and close the game...
It happened to me when I was using the v0.22.1. It's better to use the v0.23.2

If u still need it.

4.30 star(s) 9 Votes