PunchingDonut

Game Developer
May 9, 2020
Looks good, played but dies quickly. any way to save. how do you access the whip. Game has great potential.
press "c" to open the character UI. The third tab is your equipment. Drag and drop various weapons and armor there.
Save game features are coming soon.
I still need to find tune the enemy and player combat stats. Expect to see that balance improved in the next update.

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

desmosome

Forum Fanatic
Sep 5, 2018
The story and setting seems to be incredibly well thought out. Hopefully the gameplay turns out to be fun, because side scrollers with awful gameplay won't be saved by even the greatest writing on earth.

bathra

Nov 6, 2019
This is my game. I was just notified about the bugs and will have a fix uploaded to itch.io in the next hour.
Very Nice Setting! Only the Title "Book of Korvald" is weak. If its a viking game you need more norse mythology names and lore. You can do much more than this -high fantasy- crap.

Reminds me of 2 of my favourite games from my childhood: "Stormlord" from Hewson and "Stormlord II: Deliverance" for the C64/Amiga with uncensored fairy nipples/boobs.

By the way: im stuck in the water from trying to jump out under the door. Now i can walk in the water on the bottom.

PunchingDonut

Game Developer
May 9, 2020
The story and setting seems to be incredibly well thought out. Hopefully the gameplay turns out to be fun, because side scrollers with awful gameplay won't be saved by even the greatest writing on earth.
Ultimately my goal is to create a game that has equal parts hack and slash fun as well as intriguing puzzles.
I have a slew of mechanics that I have coded but need polish such as:
- Wrestling/Grappling combat skills
- Environment specific finishing moves
- Transformation/Summon based on collected signatures from various gods in his book
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, when Korvald impregnates a god (this is a plot tool in this game), she will birth a demigod who becomes a combat ally.

PunchingDonut

Game Developer
May 9, 2020
Bugged unstable mess
3/10
also stuck here how to further ?
That is my bad, I fucked up this exit that is supposed to lead to the city of Ribe. Instead it is heading to the hall of storage rooms that is an unfinished area. I will have this fixed and uploaded today.

Annotation 2020-05-10 100016.png

PunchingDonut

Game Developer
May 9, 2020
Very Nice Setting! Only the Title "Book of Korvald" is weak. If its a viking game you need more norse mythology names and lore. You can do much more than this -high fantasy- crap.

Reminds me of 2 of my favourite games from my childhood: "Stormlord" from Hewson and "Stormlord II: Deliverance" for the C64/Amiga with uncensored fairy nipples/boobs.

By the way: im stuck in the water from trying to jump out under the door. Now i can walk in the water on the bottom.
I get what you are saying, I had many other names in mind when I first started writing this story but there is a specific reason for the title. The book on Korvald's back is as much of a focus in this story as Korvald himself.

Without giving away too much from the story, I can give a clearer picture of the premise.

Basically, Korvald had documented a seemingly harmless recounting of his peoples migration from northern Denmark to just outside of the southern trade city of Ribe (which is why it is the first city encountered in the game). After settling in their new home they immediately fell into conflict with locals who were recently converted to Christianity by the Archbishop of Hamburg. The knowledge of this conflict would have been devastating to the church's efforts to convert the remainder of Scandinavia so upon learning of Korvald's writings, the church set out to erase him and his people from existence.

From there the story starts to expand and blur many lines between history, religion, folklore and the known universe.

Reactions: PostOffice

bathra

Nov 6, 2019
I get what you are saying, I had many other names in mind when I first started writing this story but there is a specific reason for the title. The book on Korvald's back is as much of a focus in this story as Korvald himself.

Without giving away too much from the story, I can give a clearer picture of the premise.

Basically, Korvald had documented a seemingly harmless recounting of his peoples migration from northern Denmark to just outside of the southern trade city of Ribe (which is why it is the first city encountered in the game). After settling in their new home they immediately fell into conflict with locals who were recently converted to Christianity by the Archbishop of Hamburg. The knowledge of this conflict would have been devastating to the church's efforts to convert the remainder of Scandinavia so upon learning of Korvald's writings, the church set out to erase him and his people from existence.

From there the story starts to expand and blur many lines between history, religion, folklore and the known universe.
Thank you for your answer!
Story looks promising! The Ambience Sounds are very good. But today's games are still lacking of a memorizable Soundtrack! That's why retro games are so adictiv and sometimes miles better.

Let you inspire by Music Groups like Danheim, Rúnfell, Nytt Land, Wadruna.
Runfell is still a small Folk Band maybe you can get a song from them.

You can also listen to the Classic Stormlord ingame Soundtrack for inspiration:

From Enemy or Artwork inspirations take a look Stormlord 2 (also has only SFX):

Last edited:

PunchingDonut

Game Developer
May 9, 2020
Thank you for your answer!
Story looks promising! The Ambience Sounds are very good. But today's games are still lacking of a memorizable Soundtrack! That's why retro games are so adictiv and sometimes miles better.

Let you inspire by Music Groups like Danheim, Rúnfell, Nytt Land, Wadruna.
Runfell is still a small Folk Band maybe you can get a song from them.

You can also listen to the Classic Stormlord ingame Soundtrack for inspiration:

From Enemy or Artwork inspirations take a look Stormlord 2 (also has only SFX):
These are good suggestions, thank you. I will check them out.

PostOffice

Jun 1, 2019
I really like the premise and tone described. The goddess impregnation is a top tier idea. Any plans for nun-related content? Rape isn't for everyone, but nuns getting dominated would totally fit with the atmosphere. Eagerly looking forward to more content.

PunchingDonut

Game Developer
May 9, 2020
Is there a way to get the download links updated in the OP? They are still pointing to v0.0.14 and giving people jester nightmares.

Reactions: BaasB
May 24, 2017
I need help, If I go to town, Blacksmith has viewable scene of her working, And Nun has 1 scene, Nothing else,If I go to the sewers, I swim down, GO to the other section, But Can't jump out of water, and Can't figure out what else to do, What am I missing?

PunchingDonut

Game Developer
May 9, 2020
That's all there is until next update. I just started development, I am just making these builds available so people can get a feel for it.
Next update will be expanding and adding rooms and locations. Should have it ready by next weekend.

MZZ

Jun 15, 2018
Played it just a short time, two things are weird at first glance:
- walking is always a full walk cycle. depending where Korvald is in his walk animation this may be a large step or a small one. When I stop moving in a direction (release the key), I expect the player figure to do the same.
It is really annoying when precision platforming is requested by the level design and Korvald keeps walking of platforms on his own.
- Doors that are part of the parallax scrolling and move when I move left/right. Gives me a headache o_O

4.30 star(s) 12 Votes