Ren'Py - Booty Hunter [Alpha v0.6.1] [TheAlleyGuy]

1. 4.00 star(s)

BunnyChan

Clicker game 8/10

Can have sex with almost anyone else but the main cast which is whacky.

Game is pretty short but it's in alpha so that's understandable.

One piece which automatically makes it really good
  2. 3.00 star(s)

dividead

In some ways the changes made to the One piece world make it more palatable. That said given the changes and the situation with the MC I don't think the world needed Luffy. It felt like the story had a bit more of its own flavour until Luffy got there.
    There's lots of grid which also feels artificial. I often see complaining about other games being linear but in this case it feels like the non linear part really doesn't add much, other than grind.
    The sex scenes aren't bad but many of them are too short.
    If you must have armpit and feet stuff, do what you must and while I wish the author used his time on just about anything else, I would not rate it lower because of this, include whatever floats your boat but when you make it part of the progression and you get points that are useful, if you do everything, it may not be mandatory but it kind of feels like it is. I just went through it without reading it but the pictures are still annoying.
    Congrats on curing Nojiko's full body skin cancer!
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Rex Blue

Booty Hunter is a clicker-style game set in a genderbent One Piece world where you follow a slightly altered version of the anime plot with an MC who has lewd powers.

I almost like the gameplay, which might even suggest something great given that I believe clicker games suck. It does the best thing a clicker game can do almost immediately, giving you an auto-clicker. There's an interesting upgrade system in the game, but it kinda falls flat since there doesn't feel like much in the way of strategy in how you use your resources and level. At the very least, I have zero compulsion to go back through the game with a different build, so that suggests some weakness.

Another problem is how borked a lot of the math is in a lot of different arenas. One example is that having girls show their tongues to you generates the most exp per stamina point of any available lewd action, turning leveling/lewding into an unintentional clicker game. Another is the high grinding requirement only for the main character's level, meaning when you finally catch up to the game's level requirements, your pirate wenches are amazonian battle queens and massacre anything reasonably leveled. Different difficulties mess with this in different ways. MC attribute points also seem pretty jank as haki and dex seem extremely underwhelming.

Anyway, with the number rant out of the way. The story seems fine. I'm not intimately familiar with One Piece, but I'm fairly sure the game is a slightly altered version of the anime plot with lewds. I'm not enamored with it, but it's not a dealbreaker.

I'm not super impressed with the girls outside of their appearances. I'll be real with you, I came here to play a Nami game and she and the other girls look great. Proportions are pretty over the top, but the outfits are devastatingly whorish so that's a plus.

Their scenes are less great. With the two characters I've gotten, you basically follow the typical "corruption" path of slowly pressing the girls into more and more daring play over time. Each scene has three repetitions with the girls growing more open to the interaction in question each pass. There's a significant focus on feet and armpits if that's a thing you're into and no real way to avoid it if you aren't. The writing isn't great, but the animations look fine at least.

Oh, I guess there's music too. It's chill and inoffensive.

Overall, Booty Hunter feels like a game that could be saved, but isn't phenomenal at the moment. I'm almost shocked to be saying it, but some more abilities and equipment options in the clicker combat to open up different build paths along with a little number tuning could make the combat/grinding enjoyable. With that straightened out, it's easily a four star game. A full five star game seems hard from this point, but it could be possible if the MC develops actual relationships with the girls and the writing for the sex scenes was a little more erotic. Bonus points if different girls actually have different scenes. At the moment, it's not a bad game, but I doubt it would appeal to anyone not looking for a One Piece H-game.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Pirate King

The battle system could be better, but even now it's pretty good.

The story processing system seems a little simple, but it could be better.

The graphics are satisfactory and these models are more pleasant to use. Also, the fact that a parody game can make you feel truly in the universe made the game 10/10 for me.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

RyonLinber

A very good game with a lot of lewd content (and a skin mechanics pretty basic but really well done for the design of the skins itself and the fact that skin appear and change like every lewd content, not the story but is perfect as it is imo), fast and cool story, funny times and most of all different gameplay mechanics from the others games; unique but at the same time fast, familiar and easy to learn
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Kuyabah

Almost the Best Game Ever.
    Every single time I play a new updated, the evolution of the game is evident.
    Various game systems that activate my nostalgia.
    Give it a time and will be 4sure.
    Nice Job Alley.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

pepp1

Bro I just love the game for the sole fact of being a one piece adventure, the sex is just the cherry on the top, please keep going!
    I will keep a close watch on this one :)
    The characters are hot, the writing is also good and the titties have physics.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Awaubackhomeaccount

pretty cool parody. unbalanced level up sistem makes the game very easy so there is essencially no grinding. nice scenes but they could be more polished. the combat itself has a lot of options but just clicking is the way to go, maybe the level up scaling should be rethinked. hope to see more of it in the future
  9. 2.00 star(s)

MysticXcore

I must say, this game is quite impressive. The gameplay mechanics, graphics, and overall design are executed exceptionally well, creating an immersive experience that captivates players. I find myself thoroughly enjoying my time in this world of One Piece.

That being said, there is one aspect that leaves me a bit perplexed. The inclusion of Patreon-exclusive outfits in the game seems somewhat counterintuitive to me. It raises the question of accessibility for all players, as not everyone may be able or willing to engage with Patreon. Additionally, given the community's resourcefulness, it's worth noting that these outfits can be easily loaded into the game via other means like Koikatsu, which somewhat undermines the exclusivity.

While I understand the desire to provide special perks to Patreon supporters, there might be alternative approaches that could be explored.

In conclusion, this game has a lot of potential and offers a fantastic gaming experience. It's my hope that the developers can find a way to strike a balance between recognizing and thanking their Patreon community, while also ensuring that all players have equal access to the game's content.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

marisa32

Good start, I really am excited for future content.

A review about Alpha 3 :

There are Nami, Reiju and Kuina.
    A special character called Martha is also available.

More H scenes is needed and more characters too.

The fights are actually fun and there is a simplified RPG element that isn't boring.

The story is fast paced and that is a good point. You won't be bored and will enjoy playing.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

VIIxBLADE

Very potential game.
    current gameplay- around 20min
    -Good character design.
    -Good UI, guides given.
    -Good bgm.

Hopefully it will keeps on updating on same pace.
    After my gameplay,
    it looks like the developers are trying to add different mini games.
    And Eventually many character will keep on adding in with
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Orfunk

The characters look nice. Some idle animations are in place so it's not just static lasso-ed sprites, which is a plus. Gameplay is fun.
    Unfortunately there's not much of content as of yet, an hour tops even if you read everything. Looking forward to how it goes on!
  13. 4.00 star(s)

Tommy7358

Game Version: Alpha 02 Public

Had a long ass review written but accidentally deleted it so I'm just going to point out the main points. Maybe I'll flesh it out later, maybe not.

1. Story seems too rushed and the sex scenes are very abrupt, you go from being strangers in one moment to handjobs the next. Should start from lower level intimate action such as kissing or groping so to speak.

2. Speaking of handjobs, you can receive a handjob from one character in story and then get side eyes from the same character when asking them to show their tongue in game, so pacing also needs to be worked on. Also, the very first dude we face in a fight has a 20 million bounty. No reason for the bar to be that high to start with as it doesn't mesh well with bar wages and shop prices.

3. Minigames need more polishing, bar minigame doesn't feel good to play with its wonky controls. Clicking battle system could possibly get old real fast.

4. Grammar needs a lot of work, errors and typos in almost every sentence, making it hard to be immersed in the game.

5. Visuals and sounds are decent, around par for Koikatsu based games. Breasts should get a second look as they are too 'siliconey' as they are currently.

Conclusion: There's a decent foundation for a good game here, but it's going to take a lot of work to get there. Since it's so early in development there's a lot of leeway to correct the flaws of the game. If the dev can keep up their current pace there should be no problem.

Game is worth 3 stars as of writing, but giving 4 stars to counter the inevitable 'this game caused my mother to get cancer' 1 star reviews.