Unreal Engine Bound Town Project [Prototype28p1] [Ryuu01]

3.70 star(s) 7 Votes

Xlarien

Jun 3, 2023
View attachment 2516808

Overview:
Prototype
it's a mild. . . well not really mild BDSM themed exploration/stealth game with no nudes where the player starts as just a random woman who just moved in to a town called Boundtown, where there's only female residents inside. Player will somehow get kidnapped and the journey starts there

BDSM, here's what's the minimum spec
- CPU | intel(R) Core (TM) i5-9400F 2.90GHz
- GPU | NVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti (prepare to use lower scale resolution)
- 16 Gb of RAM

Thread Updated: 2023-06-01
Release Date: 2023-06-01
Developer: Ryuu01
Censored: No
Version: Prototype13
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

Thank you for sharing, BianTheGreat

View attachment 2516814 View attachment 2516813 View attachment 2516815 View attachment 2516816
New version Shared can Refresh links? 13.1

Reactions: BianTheGreat

BianTheGreat

Jan 3, 2021

DartVader42

Apr 14, 2021
Actually, the 13.1 build is quite buggy. Dev said all will be fixed in 14 with some more mechanics, so I think better wait for it to post here.

boundtoplay

Dec 8, 2022
Love the struggle mechanic and the animations, but for being in development for 1,5 years, this game is still very basic and riddled with strange interface bugs (like the controls being set to empty randomly). i really hope the dev gets at least a basic story into this and fixes stuff so we can finally play a real bondage game:)

exter

May 29, 2017
Its kind of insane to see, that he is making 3k a month with only 1$ and 5$ tiers, according to his patreon. With how little there is in this, it looks like there is a large demand for games that revolve around tiying up others and being tied up :unsure:

Stiltzkinator

Mar 14, 2018
Its kind of insane to see, that he is making 3k a month with only 1$ and 5$ tiers, according to his patreon. With how little there is in this, it looks like there is a large demand for games that revolve around tiying up others and being tied up :unsure:
I mean...yes. Bondage is a major kink owing to the fact that it's relatively vanilla, but it's also rarely done especially well in games. It will often be present, but just as sort of a one-off checklist item and have no related interactivity. Turns out there's a pretty large interest base for playing a game as a character while they're tied up, both because of the relative novelty of it, and also because it's as yet a relatively undersupported kink relative to how many people actually have an interest in it.

Reactions: Wooloomooloo

gdrocker

Nov 17, 2018
I can only speak for myself here, but bondage is probably my single favorite kink, and probably the one least explored in any kind of strictly non-DID setting. Yeah, Hajime Doujin Circle does a couple of unique games that explore the idea of BDSM-oriented action that personally I yearn more for, but only barely—they focus more on the explicit act of bondage, not the unique characteristics of different gear, which make them seem really single-faceted. Being tied in different ways, with different items doesn't affect how your character maneuvers most of the time.

Innocience

Mar 25, 2020
I feel very much the same. There's a lot of untapped gameplay potential in the use of various bondages to alter available character actions. There's few games that even acknowledge some sort of bondage as something more than just a "stunned" / "not stunned" state.

Sadly, I don't think this project is that much better from a gameplay aspect since it veers too far into the annoying aspects of bondage = encumberance. Like, how long does it take you to get out of the hogtie state? First you have to find a sharp corner while struggling with the awful and sluggish controls. And better make sure to get your character to lay exactly right so the game recognizes you're actually at a corner you can cut your binds with, after you've trialed and errored forever finding a corner that is acknowledged by the game as "can be used to help struggling" of course.
Then you're in for the long haul, constantly holding the struggle key for miniscule progress until your stamina is drained and you have to wait even longer. Come on! Some encumberance is nice and fits the theme of being bound but don't overdo it and have it backfire and annoy the player.

If the path to getting yourself free would be more varied and or engaging this wouldn't be as big of an issue. Well, simple gameplay and bad controls can work.
In a game like Resident Evil or the later time bomb stages of Escape: Forced Overtime the terrible controls help to immerse you in the story or create tension.
Here it's just tedium, an unengaging time waster, with nothing on the line.
Not having a reset button, even if it's just a demo, makes matters worse.

Reactions: gdrocker

chopish

Sep 12, 2020
I feel very much the same. There's a lot of untapped gameplay potential in the use of various bondages to alter available character actions. There's few games that even acknowledge some sort of bondage as something more than just a "stunned" / "not stunned" state.

Sadly, I don't think this project is that much better from a gameplay aspect since it veers too far into the annoying aspects of bondage = encumberance. Like, how long does it take you to get out of the hogtie state? First you have to find a sharp corner while struggling with the awful and sluggish controls. And better make sure to get your character to lay exactly right so the game recognizes you're actually at a corner you can cut your binds with, after you've trialed and errored forever finding a corner that is acknowledged by the game as "can be used to help struggling" of course.
Then you're in for the long haul, constantly holding the struggle key for miniscule progress until your stamina is drained and you have to wait even longer. Come on! Some encumberance is nice and fits the theme of being bound but don't overdo it and have it backfire and annoy the player.

If the path to getting yourself free would be more varied and or engaging this wouldn't be as big of an issue. Well, simple gameplay and bad controls can work.
In a game like Resident Evil or the later time bomb stages of Escape: Forced Overtime the terrible controls help to immerse you in the story or create tension.
Here it's just tedium, an unengaging time waster, with nothing on the line.
Not having a reset button, even if it's just a demo, makes matters worse.
3d games are tough, and it's one man doing this project. I think it'll be nice to see this guy's product come to fruition, but in my eyes, it'll just be a more polished version of stuff we already have, considering the content tag is that of a modern detective tv series.
I'm not a fan of the content, I'm sure a good chunk of people currently subscribed to the patreon aren't even super enthused about it either, it's just all they have in terms of 3d bondage games.
It just hit me that the newest demo uses 100% of my 3080. I'm curious how the dev will scale up to level-sized maps. Granted, of course, no one has to run at max settings.

Last edited:

MikaAcka

Mar 16, 2022
Well, there is always Skyrim :devilish:
It might require some time to set everything up, but the final result is the best bdsm themed game ever.

Reactions: BianTheGreat

chopish

Sep 12, 2020
Well, there is always Skyrim :devilish:
It might require some time to set everything up, but the final result is the best bdsm themed game ever.
True, but in regards to having a smooth, immersive experience, it's not quite there. I like games that have more of a sandboxy nature to them, so skyrim fits, but waiting for papyrus takes anywhere between 5 to 15 seconds really kills the immersion. Whereas in a standalone game, it's way easier to tie in a bondage animation with bondage being applied concurrently, in skyrim it will never line up the way you want it to.

3.70 star(s) 7 Votes