EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
screenshot.11.png

Overview:
Bounty is a free text-based rogue-like about a desperate fugitive escaping from their country after a corrupt politician placed a bounty on her head.​

Thread Updated: 2020-05-17
Release Date: 2016-04-01
Developer: Captain of the Guard -
Censored: No
Version: Alpha 5.4
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - - -

screenshot.12.png screenshot.13.png screenshot.14.png screenshot.15.png

allyva

Jun 11, 2017
Fun, challenging, complete game with an ending. No pics. It's basically a brothel management game with one whore. The author might've committed to not improving it any further but as a game it's in a good state. EDIT: (checks patreon and blog) oh yeah that's super abandoned. Real shame.

You can regain hygiene by stocking up on soap when available (0 hygiene and no soap on sale? continue on your journey) and limiting clients. There are some city events that help a little but it's a drop in a leaky bucket.

Keeping mood up seems to be hopeless. I don't know if the equipment really does anything. You can survive bounty hunters in the town but it's random, not a thing to rely on. If you keep travelling you'll eventually only have one option and that's the end of the game. For a virgin run you'll want luck and weapons to deal with travel events (bandits and monster attacks). That is, 'technical virgin'. It's impossible to avoid whoring.

Some perks unlock others. Perks that give you 'fame' let you add points to Allure/Value/etc every time you arrive at a new location. Not real sure what that does. There's a 'lesbianism' perk behind the 'kissing' one.

Last edited:

kekasaurus

Jan 23, 2018
I like this game so much that I still play it on and off, and sometimes I'm still finding new things, which is amazing. Like a while ago I chanced upon an oriental inspired area and it comes with unique events and equipment!

For a second I thought development was resuming, ah no such luck in this timeline.

This game and Arena of Audacia are the two abandoned games I wish would come back.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
My only question here is who would still be giving a dollar to a game that hasn't been touched in what looks like three years? 0_o

rynak

Jun 20, 2018
You can restore mood in some cities - best option is renting a horse at a stable, in a farm-town: 1 silver for up to +16 mood. Second best option is the theater in "$$$"-cities: 1 silver for about +12 mood. But yeah, it's definatelly the hardest stat to keep up. Supposedly some of the perks help, but i'm not even sure if they do anything: "Unbreakable" supposedly nullifies all mood-debuffs from anal, yet i still get debuffs. Likewise, "Cum in me" supposedly RAISES mood when guys come in your pussy, and yet not only has that never happened, i still sometimes get debuffs instead.

It's a shame the game is abandonned, since it can be considered "almost done": What's missing is GBs, and making the perks work correctly. That's maybe ONE WEEK of work left to have a functionally complete game.

EDIT: Also, fuck visuals. This game being text-only is exactly its strength. I wish there were more games that focus entirely on dynamic content and player-choice, instead of limiting the devtime and features with stuff needing visual representations.

Last edited:

ryuzuki2

Aug 10, 2016
Jeez, I actually completely forgot about this one. This game was pretty great, pity that it never actually got finished.

On another note, anyone know of all the rare locations? I think I've only come across 6. The spa island, I think the elven settlement where you can get fucked by tentacles, the big city with the Colosseum, the viking settlement with the pagan church and the town with the surprise demon rape at the church. I guess there's also the special location, the slaver camp which you can only end up at if you get captured by them but I don't think I've ran into anything else.

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
I remember this.
Was pretty fun, a shame it got quickly abandoned but I guess the dev was trying to pull a New Life but never got the patreon traction.

Nikolas-Ambross

Formerly 'Piemanftw'
Mar 28, 2017
Yeah I remember playing this a few years ago I suppose. I've been looking around for it again to play it so thank you.

Reactions: Dude932

Daggerspoon

Apr 17, 2018
Having trouble scrolling the text. Not sure if I am missing something. Can anyone that has played it in the past let me know what I am doing wrong?

kekasaurus

Jan 23, 2018
Having trouble scrolling the text. Not sure if I am missing something. Can anyone that has played it in the past let me know what I am doing wrong?
Could be some window resolution issues. As I recall, there are a few themes that you can use to change the look of the borders, dice and so on. Maybe try some of these options and resize the window to see if that solves the scrolling issue.

For me the game runs without having to scroll, all the text is contained within the panels.

Farum

Jun 23, 2019
Surprise seeing this one here, almost thought it got updated, still have the file from when i downloaded some 4 years ago.

Dude932

Mar 6, 2018
Just curious since I'm only studying code on my own (and barely scratching the surface), but is it at all possible to make something similar to this? I know we can't just continue working on something like this without the source code, but maybe as inspiration we can get something more complete?