Daz Breastacular issues

Aqwaa

Uploader
Donor
Aug 25, 2022
Hi,

Out of boredom I started to have a look at DAZ today. I just wanted to start mixing "my own" characters, but every time I try to customize the breasts either the shaders bug or the shell remains visible or clips with the character's breasts.

Here is a video of what I mean, tho its only showing the Mat problem not the clipping :
View attachment HelpF95.mp4

Here is an example of the clipping problem, no matter how small, large, round or square I make the properties, they always start to clip:

Screenshot 2024-07-01 005034.png

Actually, I only want to download DAZ to possibly make use of the almost endless assets and export them to Blender, (and to make a quick render to use as a pfp here :LUL:) as I have a lot more experience there than in DAZ, which, as I said, I started for the first time today. However, my OCD kicks in here, I want to achieve halfway decent renders in DAZ too.

Please dont be toooo harsh on me im a bloody noob in DAZ!
I would appreciate some help, thanks!

Saint_RNG

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2018
Good new, you're not doing anything wrong in the video.
Did you touch anything on Jacqueline 8.1's skin before the video ?

Aqwaa

Uploader
Donor
Aug 25, 2022
Good new, you're not doing anything wrong in the video.
Did you touch anything on Jacqueline 8.1's skin before the video ?
Other then some Body and Head sliders i have not touched anything. But even if i load a fresh scene + a fresh Char this keeps happening.

Also almost all DAZ Settings are defaullt since i just downloaed DAZ like 10 hours ago. The only thing i changed are some render settings like max. time and stuff. But that should not be the cause of THAT :KEK:

Majindevil

Nov 20, 2018
Other then some Body and Head sliders i have not touched anything. But even if i load a fresh scene + a fresh Char this keeps happening.

Also almost all DAZ Settings are defaullt since i just downloaed DAZ like 10 hours ago. The only thing i changed are some render settings like max. time and stuff. But that should not be the cause of THAT :KEK:
It looks like you are using a brestacular version wich is not fully compatible (updated) to g 8.1 from the screenshot and your video the graft is loadet like it should but the parts of the main figure arent hiding which cases the stange clipping and texture error cause the original mesh (and it texture) is clippeng through the geograft.

the same effect occurs when the geometry editor is selected in daz (hidden meshes become visible)

eidt: just checked with geometry editor in studio activated it looks excatly like your video.

Saint_RNG

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2018
It shouldn't happen with every character. Maybe a problem with your breastacular asset (old version) ?

Jacqueline 8.1 has a PBRSkin (MDL) shader and not the classic Iray Uber (MDL) shader.
Maybe check this other thread (this particular post) , it could be the same problem (even if it's not for the same asset, the idea is similar).

Aqwaa

Uploader
Donor
Aug 25, 2022
Okay guys, I'm a bit confused now. I had the problem I showed you for 7 hours straight. Checked my versions of Breastacular and was up to date, even with the G8.1 patch. Checked if I was in the geometry editor as Majindevil suspected, no I wasn't. -> Restarted PC Loaded Jacqueline 8.1, RN Kayla, Victoria, Kala 8, Aurore 8, didn't work. -> Restarted DAZ Noticed on the toolbar that I was still on Meshgrabber, switched to Node Selector and reloaded Jacqueline 8.1. And buff... It worked...? Can this be that Meshgrabber is messing up Breastacular somehow? I mean, I could swear I didn't have Meshgrabber selected the whole time. I don't know, this is all too high level for me. I really can't pinpoint the problem here. :unsure:

Gonna look closer tomorrow I'm too tired for this now haha
(I hope it still works tomorrow)

Majindevil

Nov 20, 2018
Okay guys, I'm a bit confused now. I had the problem I showed you for 7 hours straight. Checked my versions of Breastacular and was up to date, even with the G8.1 patch. Checked if I was in the geometry editor as Majindevil suspected, no I wasn't. -> Restarted PC Loaded Jacqueline 8.1, RN Kayla, Victoria, Kala 8, Aurore 8, didn't work. -> Restarted DAZ Noticed on the toolbar that I was still on Meshgrabber, switched to Node Selector and reloaded Jacqueline 8.1. And buff... It worked...? Can this be that Meshgrabber is messing up Breastacular somehow? I mean, I could swear I didn't have Meshgrabber selected the whole time. I don't know, this is all too high level for me. I really can't pinpoint the problem here. :unsure:

mesh grabber works similar to the geometry editor. while activated it also mess up geografts.

Turning Tricks

Rendering Fantasies
Game Developer
Apr 9, 2022

First, I tested this on a fresh Jaqueline 8.1 and using the 1.2 version of Breastacular with the 8.1 material patch, it worked perfectly fine.

And yes... when meshgrabber is the active tool, it causes geoshells to look weird. Don't fuck with them! It only looks like that while you are using Meshgrabber. When you switch to another tool or the Node Selection Tool, the geoshells will behave themselves and go back to normal.

Also, sometimes using Meshgrabber when you have both Breastacular and Golden Palace on a Gen character may cause the GP geoshells to go opaque. Just select each one (there's usually two) and use the Shell fix tool in GP. In G9 Breastacular, you can also use their Shell Fix script in the Material folder. It's a common issue and easily fixed using those shell fix scripts.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Aqwaa