VN - Ren'Py - Bright Lord [Phase2 Ep10] [KissKiss Studio]

1. 4.00 star(s)

R4ND0M USER

Version 0.7
    This game still has 2.5 "issues" that prevent me from giving it 5 stars.

The most important one, this is a story about mindcontrolling power in an adult setting where the goal of most players problaby is masturbation or erotic statisfaction. The game/novel itself however makes it a point to not want to give you sex scenes because of morals.... this confuses me

And leads to a lack of masturabtionable content. I persume that most players are over the age of 14 and are not sufficently erotically satisfied with dry humping or asschecksrubbing content. Also the sex scenes are lacking in duration and writing departement. Firstly, I think they are too short. On "auto", they take place for like 2minutes max... Yeah that doesnt cut it for me. Also the writing during the sex scenes is rather bland and not that captivating. Nearly no descriptive work and we don't get character motivation, thoughts and goals during them. Also we don't get any input on how the Bright Lord feels about them. So for me the sex scenes are looking nice but dont give me enough.

Both problems mentioned above could be excused by very good writing and character development. This doesnt seem the case either, as the plot appears to move along faster than all the characters coping with what is happening. Chloe doesnt like the MC in the beginning and still doesnt like the MC now but maybe probably respects him? What was the point then, why did she piss off everybody and move out but still doesnt want the MC in her life but should be a primary love interest.
    Hopefully wrong future scenario: Chloe acts as bait and needs help/rescue from the MC. After the rescue arc she will accept the MC as a love interst. this however would go against everything she did in the story before: trying to be independent and make her own choices to get her own life and make it by herself. Also, we are at Update 0.7 now and the MC still hasnt come to terms that the world by large is not the fairy tail that 9 year olds think it is. Kinda off putting. I mean is he dense? He has another inside him, got shown mass rape, slaughter and destruction (I speak like multiples of 10000) just from that one crusade flashback alone, and he still hasnt emotially grown. Meh.

Now for the generic review stuff
    + Great renders
    + Beautiful girls
    - Not enough sex scenes
    -/+ The actual sex scenes are done well but short and lack dialogue and meaning
    + have I mentioned the girls are beutiful and the renders are very nice?
    + Very good animations
    +/- The story premis is what got me to play this in the first place, a dominant male and mind control, but not explored enough imo
    + The Bright Lord concept and overall story where "parasitary divinities" go to war is heckin cool

If you like the game dont forget to give it a thumbs up on the Discussion Page, it helps with the algorythm :)
  2. 1.00 star(s)

StephenClukis33

Truly is a dull game, the protagonist is a glorified dog dry humping all the other characters with no pay off. Boring story with so called powers that gives the player ZERO choice in what they do with said powers you just grind through boring scene after boring scene with very little variety & as I said zero pay off for the protagonist. Avoid this one
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Osamabeenfappin

This is one of the few VN's I've ever played that checks boxes across the board. You like sexy women,these girls are sexy AF. Want an MC that actually has a reason to be conflicted,this VN has you covered. Want a mysterious and frightening antagonist,once again this VN has it. If you haven't played it yet,I can't recommend it enough.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2837974

Hey man! I have to say, you're doing a great work! The way you structure moral conflicts and corruption as a means of salvation made me very curious about the development of the story and the characters!

I hope you further deepen the moral dilemmas of the protagonist and how situations lead to darker and more interesting paths!

Great job man!
  5. 4.00 star(s)

fishysnake

Really beautifull render, a pretty good and interrresting story so far, not much content but hey it's still 0.3 so let's hope it keeps going the good way and let's hope for more games like this one. Good job dev and good luck.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Ken_Scades

Bright Lord has a lot of potential. If you read nothing past this line, take the review as a "Definitely worth a try" recommendation!

The overall render quality is in the upper end of what you tend to see in this style of game and even though there are some technical issues with them, they work well enough to not prevent immersion, if you can get onboard with the body and (especially) the facial proportions.

The Lighting is functional most of times, though I can't yet give a final verdict on that since at the time of playing my monitor had fucked up brightness and contrast thanks to our eternal friend: Windows. I'll revise this part of the review with the next update.

The most important part about the renders is that expression, lighting, scene construction and so on significantly improve during the game progression to the point of where, after the earliest scenes, they fit the narrative much better.

The animations need a lot of work. For now though, I am confident that the issues can be worked out since only one of the animations is really bad and all the games aspects are clearly still in very early stages.

The relationship plot isn't anything new, but that's neither here nor there. Certainly the Mystery plot beneath it promises more than enough originality for your successful incest -AVN.

The characters are, while more or less presented in trope typical fashion, similarly well characterized by the dialogue and good starting points for real differentiation and character work. There is a reason why the "older sister --> bitchy sexy girl; mother --> sexually frustrated and feeling lost in life; younger sister--> insecure and innoccent " dynamic is so popular. Not straying from it is perfectly fine. (and honestly, there are only so many ways you can switch this up anyway)

From a technical aspect, the writing is also decent enough, with some but mostly non-intrusive errors and stylistical blunders here and there that shouldn't stop anyone but the most demanding players from enjoying the game for what it is. Especially with all the engrish games out there.

All in all, the overall unweighted rating would probably end up being 3.5 Stars, but I'm upgrading that to 4 Stars simply because not only does everything about the game come together well but there is also a lot of improvment noticeable during the progression up to where the game stands right now. I am even tempted to go with 4.5 stars and I will definitely revise the score after the next if not the next two upgrades if the current trajectory holds true but for now I feel it is too early to give out that rating, simply because we are so early in development.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Ulrich37

Excellent setup, and great models. Just enough story to make me want to know more, but really geared towards H-scenes and being a nasty dude. Has quickly become a solid title, and I'm very happy this VN has taken off. Kudos to KissKiss!
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Mangaqe

My favorite thing about game is, it gives the feel of domination greatly. The models are great and also story is great too. Progress of the story is just like how it should be. It doesn't gives me much to say, give it a chance. 5/5
  9. 5.00 star(s)

derpyturle1995

Incredible start for such a new game. All characters and renders look incredible. Story is interesting enough and kinda creepy which is a welcome change from what is usually done. Not a ton in the way of gameplay/choices but that's not a huge drawback. Definitely keep your eyes on this project.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

ggg1

Them bitches look just like in my dreams :)
    Really now, this is decent story, good pacing, guaranteed to FAP.
    I like that the MC is more bothered by the powers that be, than of fucking his "landgirls". This is what we need, more fighting the bad guys and fucking the beauties.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

TreeFriend

A nice game in a unique horror genre, with great renders and an engaging story
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    I found this game to be quite enjoyable, for now gameplay is limited with only few Options at the beginning. As I am not a big fan of incest I appreciate the Option to define the relationship yourself, however in some instances the dialogue will still use words like 'mom' etc. this could use a rework.[This has been corrected in more current versions].
    Graphics are very well made, putting it easily in the top 10%of 3dcg games graphic wise, especially making low light renders often result in grainy pictures but this is not the case here. What I will say that the background/scenery could use some more love in some aspects, more details here would be nice, also the shiny art-style of the characters does not always fit with the more grey background.
    The story is nice, characters could still use some depth but the lord of light story arch is very well thought through and nicely executed in terms of writing.
    For now it's really a 4 star game but I will give 5 Stars to support this young game's big potential.

Gameplay: 3/5 | Renders: 5/5 | Story: 5/5 | Writing: 4/5
    GRADE: 4.3/B+
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Scapest

Great game, i personally love the horror genre, and i want to see where this story will lead.
    The renders are great, the girls look really well done.
    The animations are really good too, i think this game has a lot of potential, for such a initial realase, already showed its best assets.
    I really like the design of the characthers, especially the sisters.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Morignor

Of to a good start. Girls look great and the story has great potential. Hope this will be a realy good game. Will endorse and consider supportin if it has regular updates unlike other studios who drop out as soon as they make a quick buck
  14. 3.00 star(s)

Zoonma

Music - decent
    Graphics-good
    Character models-OK
    Character personalities-average, as expected.
    Story line-OK

Some nice elements which is what brought my interest into the game. However, minor disappointments here and thier I felt, though this is my opinion. Character design are fairly attractive but also bordering on the unrealistic side. H scenes felt weak, not sure how to explain it but like robotic, no real feel of erotic nature to it. More teasing and play would be nice. Its hard, but if the MC is a male, should avoid any facial scenes. Some do not mind, others do and if the face is dislike its very hard to be motivated to play. Disappointed with the mind control thing opportunities, could have done a lot of things with this and feels like a real miss to me.

This is not a game I will be following, but some will like it no doubt.:p
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Tortoise62

Having experienced my fair share of Ren'Py adult VN's of varying quality from frankly unplayable to what almost appears to be professional work, Bright Lord comes right out of the gate with impressive visuals and an intriguing storyline/plot. This rarely happens with a developer's first release, but there is an attention to detail and a desire for high quality that you love to see early on. I definitely recommend playing it and I look forward to the next update!
  16. 5.00 star(s)

anna94

Awesome Render
    Awesome girls.
    Looks really realistic.
    I love Chloe alot, She has big boobs too! XD
    Not sure why every game has a mum, i personally skipped it. Do people like mum that much? i just love young girls xD

Please keep up the great work!
    Sadly you deserve 10 star but i could only give you 5...
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Singleminded

I really like the renders for all the girls, and the central premise of the game isn't groundbreaking but it does check the boxes for some of my favorite tropes. I'm very optimistic about how this game will develop in the future.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

pervertedsennin

This game has one of the most top-notch renders and characters thus I give this game easily 10/10, can't wait to see more content, also the story is more than any other games in this platform, I absolutely suggest you to play this amazing game!
  19. 4.00 star(s)

gr33nappleboy

As other reviews have mentioned, the model renders are exceptional and easy on the eyes. They're actually what drew me to this game in the first place, namely with the mother

I will say I'm intrigued by the horror aspect of this game since I'm drawn to anything but that in real life. The concept of a being that exists both in reality and in their mind is interesting although I don't think I would've introduced it as early as it was. Typically, the antagonist is something that's hinted at and not fully introduced until at least several updates in

The constant overreactions by the family members is a bit much but justified as it's reasonable given each person's disposition. An older sister that feels bitter with her father dying and the MC being away is understandable. A naive little sister that's reconnecting with her brother is going to be excited. And a mother who has to deal with the older sister will need a strong temper in order to maintain order.

As for the single animation in the game, while I appreciate the fluidity, putting it against a stationary 2D background only makes it awkward. Those animations are best suited in games like Treasure of Nadia or Echoes of Lust where we see characters actually moving. For this game, focus on more on the future sex scene animations then a random walking motion.

The grammar/punctuation situation is something I'm sure the dev already knows about but yeah. It needs a bit of proofreading and the dialogue is sometimes choppy here and there but nothing that effort/time won't fix, unlike a certain individual in here believes

All in all, it's a promising game in terms of renders and concept. The writing just needs to be cleaned up a bit and the rest should follow smoothly
  20. 5.00 star(s)

MrSpunkyPants

I'm not a fan of the incest genre but I still enjoyed this game. The renders and girls look great. The night scenes are a bit too dark, but it looks like the dev is aware of that and plans to fix it. I also thought the music and sound fit very well. The only real negative I saw was there were quite a few grammatical errors and missing punctuation in places. It seems like English is not the dev's first language. But it was still completely understandable, did not distract from the game, and is easily fixable. Looking forward to seeing more from this game and dev.