VN Ren'Py Broken Promises [v0.34] [Light Cavalry]

3.60 star(s) 56 Votes

weeeiaaas

Jun 27, 2021
Ok, so please bear with me, but I got some questions for the community.
So last year I downloaded 0.1 in december I think. And I remember it being a really good release. I still have it and after playing the revamp I decided to look back at it to confirm my feelings about the revamp.

Personally I was kinda stunned and surprised but I feel like this is a scuffed version of the 0.1 from last year. Not to push buttons but after reading some of the posts on this thread I was baffled to see ppl like the revamp more than the "original" I guess I'd call it. Like imo there is just so much less info on why and how certain things and ppl are/behave in the game (situations are just happening w/out much description, less dialogue and descriptive/narrative direction to scenarios). Like, am I the weird one for thinking the original was just better in basically all places?...

So me being dumb I ask yall if this is like a thrown away project picked up by an original member of the team?
And why do you like it more than the "original" 0.1 when imo (!) the older version was first of all longer and second of all more well written and descriptive, which made it longer I guess lol. Plus the renders are sometimes the same and sometimes newly made. Which again imo was weird seeing different scenes play out than the original while the story, tho shortened remains the same.
So yeah, I just dont really know what is happening rn and I guess Id like some kind of clarification what happened since I been here last :p.

giggitygigity

Aug 24, 2019
The previous work overall have better exposition about character, plus I like previous Tatiana's character which is stern but kind which she doesn't show.
Characters introduction felt rushed, it was better in the previous version, e.g Grace suddenly got mc's number

Feels like the new version rushed prologue.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Personally I was kinda stunned and surprised but I feel like this is a scuffed version of the 0.1 from last year. Not to push buttons but after reading some of the posts on this thread I was baffled to see ppl like the revamp more than the "original" I guess I'd call it. Like imo there is just so much less info on why and how certain things and ppl are/behave in the game (situations are just happening w/out much description, less dialogue and descriptive/narrative direction to scenarios). Like, am I the weird one for thinking the original was just better in basically all places?...

So me being dumb I ask yall if this is like a thrown away project picked up by an original member of the team?

So yeah, I just dont really know what is happening rn and I guess Id like some kind of clarification what happened since I been here last :p.
The previous work overall have better exposition about character, plus I like previous Tatiana's character which is stern but kind which she doesn't show.
Characters introduction felt rushed, it was better in the previous version, e.g Grace suddenly got mc's number

Feels like the new version rushed prologue.
People from this thread complained so much that most of the best attributes of the previous version were taken out.
People complained that the girls fell in love with the MC too fast...So now we get girls who don't even appear to like him.
People complained that the girls were too dramatic...So now we get no drama at all.
People complained that there was too much exposition and inner monologue...So now we get events without knowing why. Relationships between people that have no depth. Characters without personality.

Basically, take out everything that was good about the previous version and you get this version. But hey! people who complained are now saying this is the greatest version ever! So there's that.

You'll see them facepalming anyone who says anything other than this was the most amazing update to a game in the history of updates to games.

Last edited:

JC07

Jun 14, 2020
Ok, so please bear with me, but I got some questions for the community.
So last year I downloaded 0.1 in december I think. And I remember it being a really good release. I still have it and after playing the revamp I decided to look back at it to confirm my feelings about the revamp.

And why do you like it more than the "original" 0.1 when imo (!) the older version was first of all longer and second of all more well written and descriptive, which made it longer I guess lol. Plus the renders are sometimes the same and sometimes newly made. Which again imo was weird seeing different scenes play out than the original while the story, tho shortened remains the same.
The "original" wasn't actually the original. The dev already made it clear what he intended but ended up giving in to a contract writer's distorted view. And a lot of people were annoyed that this writer made one of the MC's love interests a complete slut.

And before anyone comes up with the old "she wasn't a slut just because she wasn't a virgin and had an affair with a married guy" shit, the fact that she had this affair with this guy and remembers with more desire the whole "humiliation" past while he was "having fun" and to have been passed on by this so-called affair man, to other men in the office where she worked, and although it was not shown, it was commented that she had been with some of them at the same time. So yeah, she was a literal slut. But I was fine with the second version when she was no longer described as the slut of v1.0, in v1.1 she behaved more like a normal woman, had made the mistake of having an affair with a married guy and regretted it, had a child with her Ex(not much is known about him) and was now a woman dedicated to her work and child, by that description I was super cool. I still do not know how she is in this new version because I have not played yet, I hope to play very soon. But I hope it's something very close to version 1.1 at least.

About the internal monologues, I can not comment, for me, it was not a problem. Yes, many can be a problem and make it annoying, but in my opinion, it was something that didn't bother me when I played.

So as I said before, I don't know how your "personalities" turned out. The whole issue of past problems and dramas was something that didn't bother me, except for Grace's, which was something that a romance/harem fan like me, was impossible to play because it was too close to the "ntr" stuff.

I'm running away from what I really wanted to tell you... kkkkkkk.... that the V.1 version was actually not the "original" idea, as I said before, Dev made it clear that he didn't intend to describe any of his characters in such a "dirty" way, he wanted them to have "issues" so the MC can help these people. But the idea of making some of those characters like that wasn't DEV's, so he recanted that deed and because he understood that his original idea was really what most fans wanted, he gave the game a reboot.

OBS. I saw Grace babysitting and I'm in love. Beautiful raised to the infinite. Knight_BP you beautiful, you do not stop surprising me.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2021
Chapter 1 Rework 1.1, Dialouge change and Mac, Linux fix
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
PC/Linux: Mega

MAC: Mega

And Please if there is any issues contact me
Played the revised version and I like how you changed the dialogue with Alice. Not only was it a lot more enjoyable, but if you really wanted to make Alice more of a good girl (a bit like Jill from BAD, perhaps) then it fits her character a lot better now. It's also good that you changed the classroom scene, because that scene made all three girls look very bad (not just Brie).

Thumbs up for that!(y)

P.S. I really hope that Afina doesn't just talk about charity and wants to play mother Teresa all day long... ;)

Reactions: Knight_BP and JC07

Knight_BP

Developer Of Broken Promises
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2019
Some Previews for Chapter 2, still working on it!

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Well that was short, not bad, but wasn't there some good old ginger pussy in the original.

Reactions: Knight_BP

Knight_BP

Developer Of Broken Promises
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2019
Well that was short, not bad, but wasn't there some good old ginger pussy in the original.
Next chapter don't worry, two will be in ch.2 and well people are killing me to see them in game

Reactions: seb75

Firaxius

Aug 13, 2020
VN looks promising, I love so far the intro chapter, curious if Vanessa also will show up as her older version and how it all will turn out, I love detective and undercover stories. Keep up the good work.

Reactions: seb75 and Knight_BP
3.60 star(s) 56 Votes