VN - Ren'Py - Broken Promises [v0.34] [Light Cavalry]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Guy Axworthy

Warning: Rating may change in the future. Currently rating v0.1.2

Gameplay/Story: 5/5

Story is great so far, this first chapter did an excellent job at building the world and providing backstories for all the main characters in the game, while at the same time maintaining a small amount of mistery to almost all of them.
    Choice wise, there was just 1 choice to be made during this first release, but I personally didn't feel the need of being more involved in any decision making so far, it felt more like a very nicely written movie.

Renders/Characters: 5/5

Renders are simply astonishing, models are gorgeous, facial expressions manage to deliver the right emotions. I can definitely see this game evolve in one of the best looking VNs out there in the future, the start is promising AF.

Music: 4/5

The music choice was nice, very appropriate for almost every scene it was used in. What I would hope (given the devs manage to get more support) is to have more actual songs with lyrics in the game since I find them to be very powerful in completing a scene with strong emotions.

(oh and I found myself opening up Linkin Park on YouTube whenever the MC was singing to himself lol)

Final words:
    This game is a must try for people that are interested in a good story and are not looking just for quick fap. Even if it's just the first release, there is enough content as of now to actually make it worth checking out.

Best of Luck Sol & Knight :)
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Juice.Juice

Off to a really good start, I fw the characters a lot and I am very interested to see how the story is going to progress not with just the LI's but the whole under cover portion as well.
    The overall world building has been fantastic and it fascinates me when I see places that actually exist in VN's rather than made up cities.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

DuckDairyDip

Want to preface this by saying, I don’t really like giving this game a review so early. It currently is only on its first major update which got two smaller updates to (debatably) fix some things. Why am I making this review then? There has been a lot of discussion along with back and forth regarding this game, especially in regards to how the story is told and presented thus far. I myself played the demo back in June of last year and despite it being no more than a few minutes long, I kept this game in the back of my mind for a while. The demo itself consists of the two opening scenes in the current update which are a flashback scene then a present day scene although the current update version has changed up the dialogue since the demo. I want to utilize this review to show how I may agree or disagree with the other complaints this game has gotten while also being informative for people interested in checking this game out. Plus, I hope the developers will continue to improve as development on this game continues. I will try to keep spoilers to a minimum, but since this is the first update, a lot of the story right now is purely an introduction to the world and characters and nothing too major has happened yet.

First, I want to start with my personal biggest issue with the game currently and that is the text and more importantly, the dialogue. To start on a smaller issue about the text, it is in regards to the cell phones of the characters. During several scenes there seems to be music or a ringtone coming from the cell phones of the characters and because of how the text is presented, it is hard to understand what is happening. This is because the nametags for this text show the character’s name and it almost comes off like maybe they are speaking in their head until it is later clarified they were receiving a call or something. I thought maybe this was a limitation or something they couldn’t quite hammer down, but late into the update, one of the LIs, Grace, gets a phone call and the nametag shows something along the lines of “Grace’s phone.” Seems odd this is one if not the only time this solution was given for the current update when it happens multiple times throughout it. I do believe the developers are working on this, but it seems odd this is inconsistent when they have used a solution already in the game. Another issue with the text for phones is it can go on for a bit too long. You may find yourself clicking through 10-15 lines of text of song lyrics coming from the phone and while there may be significance to them, I feel because of how they are presented, they overstay their welcome. And this brings me to my other issue with the text and that is internal and external conversations going on for too long. This can be applied to a lot of examples throughout the game in its current state, but I want to focus on an early scene featuring the MC, Alice, Afina and Kylie at a cafe. The scene starts off well as it is a pretty standard early scene to help introduce Afina and her sister Kylie while also illustrating what we may see from the relationships between these characters. The issue starts to really come in when Kylie joins the scene. Afina and Kylie coming from a very wealthy family and traveling all over the world has helped them become well versed in at least four different languages. Afina and Kylie go back and forth for a bit, and it keeps going on and on. This was a major letdown to the scene and extended far beyond what it needed to. The other two characters being the MC and Alice, do not understand anything going on thus are left out entirely and kills a lot of momentum of the scene. Also, the back and forth between Kylie and Afina goes on for way too long to the point it becomes exhausting to read. Now, for potential players of the game, imagine that, but pretty much every scene after that is like this. Internal thoughts for a character go on and on to the point it is hard to get a grasp on the direction of them. Conversations between characters keep going on and on despite reaching the goal of the scene or meandering for a bit too long. It is an exhausting read and I imagine will be draining as the game gets longer and more complex as we delve deeper into these characters. These need to be trimmed or altered. It is fine to have flavor text beyond just hitting the major points for a scene. You need them to help give life to your characters and their relationships. But, there is a point when you need to stop and not keep going on and on as it will become a detriment and not a benefit to the scene. Another example of this is Kylie at the bar when she realizes her boyfriend/fiance is standing her up again. She goes on and on for a while and it gets to the point where I didn’t understand the reason to keep continuing the scene beyond a certain point. Then her father enters the scene and it is a solid heartwarming scene, but then that conversation overstays its welcome as it basically goes in circles about the message the father is trying to give Kylie about her life. Again, these are solid ideas for scenes and there is good writing in there, but there is just too much of it overloaded within each of the scenes. There are several other examples, but don’t want to harp on this for too long.

Second, I want to talk about the lack of focus in the story thus far. This game is the kind of game that has introduced pretty much most if not all the major LIs early on. On top of this, we are introduced to several other side characters as well. For pretty much all the LIs, we are already given a bit of drama for each of them, usually some hardship or trauma they have experienced that is still haunting them. This seems to be done so players can get an idea of what to expect moving forward for each of these plotlines. Where does the issue come in? How it is presented. Not too long after the cafe scene I mentioned earlier, after the MC says goodbye to Alice and Afina for the day, since the MC is now separated from the other LIs, the story shifts to jumping around between the LIs to give doses of their everyday lives and their struggles. One issue with this is how often it keeps jumping around. You will go from one LI’s scene then jump to another LI’s scene then jump to a different LI’s scene then back to a previous LI’s scene being continued and so on. This gets confusing and exhausting really fast. When you combine this with my previous issue about dialogue going on for too long, you can imagine what happens. You have a bunch of scenes happening that are basically chopped up and interrupted with other scenes with dialogue going on and on for a bit too long at times. At first I thought scenes were chopped up to show them in chronological order, but there are times when things are referenced or times are given and it is clear these aren’t exactly in chronological order or overlap or are going back and forth with the timeline of things. Maybe this will be used in the future for storytelling reasons, but for now it is a detriment to the presentation of the story since these are scenes meant to get the reader to understand these characters. This also brings me to my other issue with these scenes, and that is I feel they show too much. One criticism I have seen a lot in other reviews and in the thread is how these scenes shouldn’t really be happening unless the MC is present or we the reader should only know this information when the MC finds out or something along those lines. I don’t entirely agree, and here is why. There is no reason for the MC to be present with these characters during any of their current traumatic experiences or traumatic episodes. So, the only way to have the MC currently find out would be to be told from the LI or another character without seeing it happen unless some circumstances arose. This still does not detract from my previous point about showing too much, and this I feel is especially evident with Afina. Her trauma surrounding her previous abusive relationship I feel was shown and presented just a bit too much. We get a flashback and we pretty much see how an entire traumatic episode for her plays out. I feel showing flashes of it and not giving such a detailed depiction this early would’ve gone a long way for the future. I feel similar towards the Kylie scene to a lesser extent and even a bit with Tianna’s breakdown to some degree.

My third primary issue with the game in its current state is the change made to Grace. Initially in v0.1, Grace’s hardship was that she used to sleep around a lot during her late teens to early 20s and settled down by the time she hit her mid 20s to not sleep around like she used to. Now that she has settled down, she has struggled to find love and is being blackmailed due to her past since she wants to do better for herself and find happiness and love. This of course was met with a lot of backlash and conflict from what I saw stemming from the fact she is a major LI who use to be promiscuous and thus in v0.1.1 it was changed so that Grace wasn’t actually sleeping around a lot, but instead was sleeping around primarily with the guy blackmailing her. Grace was under the naive impression that he would leave his wife for her because he actually loved her, but this was clearly a lie she eventually realized and accepted as time went on leading to her settling down by her mid 20s. I personally think the original version hits a lot harder than the revised version especially based on how her plotline is being set up. The MC knew her when he was a child going through traumatic events himself and she helped him a lot when she was in her late teens at the time. The MC does not know about her previous promiscuity and she seems to have a crush on him. The MC being a good guy likely will potentially look past it and support her anyways along with various obstacles along the way. If this is a general idea of how the plotline may go, I feel the initial version of her story from v0.1 shows greater development and depth to Grace’s character as she truly made mistakes she can’t take back and was actively doing so and was in a much dire position because of it. It goes from someone who wasn’t looking for love or didn’t care having sex with many different people to maturing herself and wanting to find the one person she wanted to spend the rest of her life with and only share her body with that person. The edited storyline from v0.1.1 maintains the idea that she matured, but a lot of the edge and trajectory of her maturity I feel is diminished by doing this. I feel passionately about this because in the current state of the game, Grace shows the best potential by far in terms of a well-written storyline and a solid relationship with the MC with Afina being a close second. Both of them have the possibility and already signs of great mature themes while also being more complex in interesting ways compared to the other LIs and it was that initial storyline presented in v0.1 that made me feel such strong emotions.

It is clear the developers behind this game care deeply about this project. The opening and ending “meta” scenes featuring the developers show this. They care about these characters and they are doing a lot to show that off. I am sure at least part of the reason they are showing so much about these characters so early and writing so much dialogue is because they care so deeply about these characters they have crafted. Despite technical limitations they are making the scenes work. The renders and character models look beautiful and there are several really well done scenes despite the issues I stated previously. I am giving this a 3 / 5 because I do not think this is a poor game and I do not think it is a near perfect game. I think it has shown me great potential and love from the developers and I think many of the issues with it can be fixed and this game can continue to flourish as time goes on. I will be more than glad to update this review especially if my issues with the game are fixed or anything else changes drastically especially as we get deeper into the story. I wish the developers luck and look forward to future updates.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Alexcameron

Broken Promises [v0.1.2] - Review -
    PROS-

The girls in this game are one of the best looking girls among the games that I have played and the renders are amazing . Story is good with lots emotions and with a decent amount of content for a first release , not a lot of choices though but it's okay .
    CONS-
    Writing in this game is a huge let down and it is worst having to see others thoughts in more detail and multiple languages in this game is bad and gave me a bit of headache while playing , What is the need of using those languages and translating them for pretty much the whole game .
    In the end the game looks promising with a nice story but only 2 stars for the horrible writing which makes me ignore all the good things in this game , will edit my review if it improves in the future versions .
  5. 5.00 star(s)

kilobananov

Reasons to skip this game:
    • You are concerned about the average rating (3.5 as of this moment because of those who just have different tastes)
    • You want a quick jump into fap-worthy stuff
    • You prefer to run with a walkthrough to reach a desired ending without diving to deep into the story arc
    • You don’t like lengthy dialogues, expressed thought process, doubts etc
    The rest of the class, please stay.

It's a NOVEL. It feels like award-winning screenwriters are creating this one (maybe they are, IDK). It could be a printed book. I would not mind if there were no sex scenes at all – that’s how good the story is. It makes you engage and think.

The exposition is at such a level that one can see in bestselling fiction books. The characters' personalities are thoroughly designed, each with a clearly outlined background so that the player can really understand the motives and the origin of certain traits.

Even now (v 0.1.2), apparently at the very beginning, it's a proper character-driven story with a complex plot showing POVs of different people.

Visuals are great, the ladies are exquisite and do not look like I’ve seen them in a dozen other VNs. Besides, the composition and the framing is at a level rarely seen in 3D VNs.

It’s not perfect, it could use more proofreading, especially for the machine-translated phrases in languages other than English.

Still I can't wait for more. Dev team, keep doing your thing. Once I get my shit together, I will become a patreon, I promise. I want this project to succeed.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Yennefer

Very first release and the render count is insane, looks very promising and has huge Potential.
    They are working hard on fixing the initial problems people had and are active on discord with their Community.

Renders are definitely the best in here
    Really beautiful girls and atmosphere.

If you feel like waiting for more before playing that's fine but I recommend jumping in already since it has plenty story.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

AryanKarthick

As of Version 0.1.2
    Let's start with the only positive in this game is its renders which is great and all the girls are gorgeous but ignoring that others are bad . The worst thing in this game is its writing - Having to hear the girls thoughts all the time and what is that with annoying other languages in almost quarter of this game ( even in thoughts which is mediocre ) and I don't whether this game will be Harem or not but why are we being forced to talk to all the girls or can't ignore any girl and only 2 choices for the whole game really ?
    Overall this game is a huge let down due to the worst writing and lack of choices and unnecessary drama with all the girls .
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Skydden

So I just finished v0.1 and gotta say, I loved it. The game has a lot of potential, just need to iron some things out first.

The renders are crystal clear and high quality (some clipping issues here and there, but nothing to worry about). The girls are all beautiful in their own way, a lot of diversity in terms of looks and personality, so it doesn't feel monotonous.

The story is still in its infancy, so not much to say about it other than it's already way more creative than much of the other works on this site. I'm not gonna stop too much on the Grace situation as I didn't really mind it, but I understand where the criticism is coming from (it might give out some NTR vibes even if it's not really NTR, weirdly enough).

Now, about the writing, it's actually not bad. From what I've seen, grammatical mistakes are almost nonexistent, so no "engrish" (thank god). I didn't mind the use of different languages in the dialogue, I think it gives identity to the characters and I also find it original. The problem is the excessive amount of redundancy in the writing, especially in the inner monologues. It's a little too much. You could trim a lot of the lines and still get the same point across. Sometimes the lines just tell us things we already see in the renders, so it's useless, it feels like filler. But then again, I didn't really have a bad time reading throughout all of it, so I don't think it's as bad as some people say. You can tell the writer is somewhat new to the VN space, so I think giving him/her some leniency is fair.

All in all, I had a pleasant experience with this one and I would recommend it to everyone. Thank you devs for sharing your work and good luck on your future endeavors.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Ragnar

Really good renders and hot girls. Plenty of story for a 1st release in a straight VN format without roaming around. This is an above average VN and the ratings is getting are unfair compared to other games imo.

Some people hate some character or one element of a game and they have the necessity to give a 1 star review because they can give a zero stars one.
    This hurts everyone because the creators take notice and do not take risks or innovate for fear of reviews, which translates into hundreds of clone games.

The best thing we can do is to try it ourselves and that's the best thing I can say to other players.
    Just try yourself and enjoy.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

zainon

another rare adult visual novel that i wouldn't mind having a few sex scene or even none. because the story is great. also every Love interest have their own story to tell not just someone to sleep with, and i really love it when the story plays with emotions. i'm looking forward to this one.
  11. 3.00 star(s)

dgreen1108

Just played through v1.0. Good game I enjoyed it and am looking forward to further updates. One thing though that annoyed the shit out of me. The quoted song lyrics. There's no differentiating between MC primary talking and/or thoughts and the lyrics, so at first I thought he was an obnoxious poet walking quoting dumbass song lyrics. Finally put two and two together to figure out it's his ringtone. Truly wish there was an option to remove this part of the game as I find it annoying. Other than that I liked it. Oh and this is just my opinion. :geek:
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Shyguy1369

Wow. I remember playing the Demo and thinking this had so much potential. I am glad to see I was right. I have loved practically everything about this so far. The renders are beautiful and stunning. I mean how do you choose which one... I want them all. The writing is very good and I am absolutely loving the story. I immerse myself into these VNs many times, and I love the 'white knight' type character. To see how he wants to help these 'broken' women is definitely amazing. I cannot seem to pick a favourite, so many good back stories. So much to explore down the line and I am SO excited to see where things go. Sol and Knight are doing great work for their first release and the future is very bright. Keep at it and I am eagerly awaiting more.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

randomname42

Usually I tend to avoid playing new games until at least a second (non-demo) release, but this one seemed like there was a decent amount of content, and the renders certainly look better than most DAZ model games (aside from the children, obviously, whose models never fail to look extremely weird). Add in the disparity in opinions seen in the reviews, and I was intrigued enough to give it a shot. And I have to say, I'm quite glad I did.

The story/writing seems to be the most contentious point, so I'll address that first. Yes, there is quite a bit of melodrama, and yes, the way so many of the female characters fall for the MC immediately is more than a little unrealistic, but neither are particularly outrageous by adult VN story standards. And yes, the way the dialogue is written can be a bit awkward at times (with the Kylie/Alfina scene being by far the most egregious), but I've certainly read worse, even in other highly regarded games. But what it really comes down to, for me, is that none of those faults really matter overly much, because I can appreciate the ambition of the storytelling. Crafting a world and tying all of these characters with their own personal backgrounds (and demons) together into a larger story is quite the ambitious task, and at least based on what's in 0.1 so far, the author has my interest.

Which segues nicely to the next point, the characters. The renders are by and large very good as I've already mentioned (though the crows feet on Alice's face is really distracting in the scene of her at home, and quite odd for a character that's supposed to be 19 years old), so I'll focus on everything else. With maybe the exception of the teacher Sakae (for whom I would need more backstory before being able to really make a decision on whether she's just too over the top), I have no problem with way any of them have been written so far. I don't need or want every single female character / possible love interest to be a blushing virgin, all waiting to jump into the MC's arms on his way to complete his harem quest. If all someone is looking for is sex scenes featuring some attractive 3D models to get their socks off, then just extract the CG and call it a day. But this is obviously a story-focused game, one that is character-driven, so it's well worth bearing in mind that people are complicated and imperfect - many if not most/all of them carry baggage stemming from their jobs, their family, or their past relationships. For one or more of the potential love interest to be flawed, and maybe not be someone that the player would find themselves interested in, is not something that I see as a failure of the game.

Having read most of the other reviews, I feel like the issue with this game is primarily one of expectations. Maybe a story/character-heavy game is not everyone's cup of tea, and lack of any meaningful sexual content (what is there is pretty meh) despite so much story exposition probably also turns off a portion of the audience, but for me it's a very strong start, and the worst thing I can say about it is that the dev doesn't expect another update for at least 4-6 months.

Oh, and also bonus props to the dev for agreeing with the obvious assertion that Corgis are better than cats, and for using the beautiful scene from 5 Centimeters Per Second.
  14. 1.00 star(s)

stukablyat

I'm writing this as a fan who followed this work closely, I'm highly disappointed. Unlike some VNs that are braindead VNs to enjoy, the premise of this VN necessitates good writing with all the drama and it failed miserably. For a VN that’s been extensively promoted, let's just say they lived up to their name, Broken Promises.

First, how the MC acted; I get it, he's a 21-year-old virgin with no girlfriend, but what's with his thought process; you call boobs melons like a teenager? At least act like a proper cop. Also, he's all of a sudden a casanova? Every girl got their panties wet at the first sight of him. Did he go from a total virgin to a master kisser within a few hours? Holy smokes that's a superpower if you ask me. Also, did he forget that he's undercover with drugs involved? The only thing he did was go after the dean, get their info then flirt with the girls. I know these are very common to VNs out there but this VN's premise fits more of a grounded one but threw it out the window as soon as they can.

The dragged-out dialogue. If you want to describe something, it's fine but you don't have to drag it out like it's a novel, it's a visual novel, the visual part comes into play too. Just go straight to the point with minimal bs. There are also so many filler dialogues that say the same thing.

What’s with the cringe-fest intro too? It drags on for too long, just keep it simple. For a game that took 6 months, with multiple delays, you seem to have time to spare.

The language switcheroo by the twins in the cafeteria. Ok, one language switch to Swedish is acceptable; it's probably their mother language and they are comfortable with it. It also gives them some privacy to their conversation, cool if not a bit rude to their companion. But what's the point of switching to Japanese then Italian? It's so unnecessary. Is it to show that they're smart? Or is the writers just flexing? I highly doubt multilingual people speak like that in a normal conversation. Just confused the readers for no good reason at all. It also made the twins look pretentious and insensitive, but hey if that's the goal, good job.

Too much information. We know every thought process of the LIs, down to every detail. This is probably the first VN where we know every thought of every single character present on it. We know more than the MC that now, the next chapters would be us witnessing the MC learning what we already know from the first chapter. This also leads me to the next and the most talked-about situation here, Grace.

I wanna say that the devs are either brave or dumb, probably both, to put a backstory like that in an explicitly non-ntr vn. I can see why people here are blasting this to oblivion. The audience is promised with a non-netorare vn, hence they put their guard down and boom, one of the LI is a homewrecking, whore who probably fucked the whole company she worked in and remembers how good she was pounded by Benoit and how many times she cummed while complicit to cheating/homewrecking even though it happened years ago before she got guilty; guess the dick was really good huh that it overpowered her will to change. While a few scenes ago, she's getting her pussy wet cause of Jack the Casanova that she just met again for the first time in 10 years or so. Anybody here knew how the crowd would react so why? I guess it’s just to put more drama in it.

Personally, I don't care that a LI is not a virgin and a whore, however, I don't need to hear how good was she fucked by a dirty old man. Are we supposed to like Grace? Help her? How can we help a whore to change if Benoit's dick is still on her mind? Maybe we're supposed to hate Grace? If the goal is to help Grace from her past, the writing didn't do her favourably as it only showed us she's still a dirty slut.

However, the most disgusting thing is the devs on their discord server lashing out to those who gave their opinion. According to other servers I’ve read, the writer knew how fucked Grace’s situation is and it would make people mad at him, so what’s with the tantrums when you get the reaction you anticipated then started lashing it out on fans. If you can’t take criticism, don’t make a game.

The only thing salvageable in this game are the renders, its good. There’s some clipping here and there but the LIs are gorgeous which makes it more painful to see how they are wasted and butchered.
  15. 4.00 star(s)

SirAlexander111

I don't know why they decided to rob Chasing Sunset mc and few other models. Looks promising albeit the long ass sloppy opera is buzz kill especially if the said characters (most in this case comes with terms and conditions applied) are yet to become person of interest (poi) romantically but they did become poi professionally and threw romance option out of window (at least wrt certain character).
    If the game is tagged as male protagonist I'd expect him to be in the driving seat, if the update has 60 to 70% writings filled with monologues of not so main protagonist then it breaks the rhythm of players playing this game with first person pov.
    Why three stars, well
    Renders 4/5
    Animation 3/5
    Script/writing 3/5
    Direction 2/5
    Character development 2/5
    Character's traumatic background 5/5 (is that good?)

A person behaving sympathetic towards someone without even getting to know each other better is not directly proportional to saying he has romantic feelings for her, i.e sympathy =/= love. It just ruins the image of character in that regard in most cases, does that mean she's a bad person, no not at all but feeling towards her will be protective in nature rather than being romantic,. I would have liked it if there's some sorta romantic interactions or moments they had between them and as the story progress mc gets to know about their problems either through them or indirectly.

Edit: (+star) Grace's updated storyline and direction is good. Hopefully it continues throughout. Definitely worth a time if anyone wanna play.
  16. 4.00 star(s)

BeoWoolF

There is a lot to be said about the story, character traits, render work, style and so on, but most has already been posted here.
    Therefore I will mostly react to that, no particular order though

Is it strange to be privy to the other characters inner monologue? Maybe, especially as in First Person View story telling, and VNs qualify for that, you normally don't get that. Is it a problem for me?
    Nope, it gets me a bit closer to the characters and their inner workings. More relatable. Others have done it before.

Why would Grace run to MC for help in her situation. She did not really know him in the past when he was a boy, only has seen him now for minutes so running to him is quite like going to the cops directly. There are other ways to deal with that asshat, one quite easy one that does come with a cost, but I am leaning back and wait for the Devs how they will resolve it.

About all the girls gravitating to him now and all the sudden. Not sure that is actually the case. He did not go out for dates, he is now in a situation where he is meeting them them by necessity. He had an effect on the ladies before, see Vanessa or his Boss, even Grace when he was a youngling.

Should he be drawing in the girls?
    Heck yes, it's an adult VN after all. There already are voices complaining about the 'lack' of a good banging.
    On the other hand an adult VN does not mean it has to be a fuck fest. Not at all.

Maybe him being the White Knight is pushed forward a bit prominently but hey, let's see where it will lead to.

Lack of choices. Well yes, there was only this one. Are choices necessary in the introduction part of a story? Don't think so. The fact there is one shows that there seem to be plans.
    Again waiting for the next updates.

Oh, speaking about the teacher, is that behavior realistic?
    Nah.
    Do I have an issue with it?
    Nope, as it is both a work of fiction and for adults.
    So they are throwing us the horny teacher trope. Let them, she is a beauty.

With that coming to the Models.
    No matter what a Dev will do, DAZ will only give you so many options, especially when you are working on a budget, they are a new team of Devs after all.
    Does this model remind me of xyz? Possible. That a problem? Not as long as it is not a blatant rip off.
    Looking at what they have done with what they have is great. Especially the models of the father and the dean have a lot of work put in, the girls are stunning and the environment has variety and done well.
    Room for improvement? Sure, but again consider, it is a first release of a new team.

Want more variety and differences on the models, support them and hand them the money to buy new stuff, then they can send the girls to the hairdresser and beauty saloon or whatever Devs do to explain the new assets in their games :)

Summary of my 2 cents:

Story telling has the making of a deeper than average story. I am looking forward to delve deeper into that.
    Artwork is solid and good looking at minimum, considering it is the first installment personally I would call it impressive.
    Characters have a lot of potential, we get a quite high dose of issues with them, true, the next chapters will show if and how they will handle that.

It's a good 4 Stars now, the potential for more is given.

Again, thanks to the Devs, looking forward to more.
  17. 4.00 star(s)

NG Creative

Based on v0.1

Pros:
    • Really liked the renders.
    • Background music is creating quite good atmosphere. Gone line by line so took me nearly 6 hours to complete without skipping.
    • Story is quite good, there is so much to uncover and it's look like some complex-maze story.
    • Story setting goes through different tones sometimes happy, comedy, sad most times (at the end very much).
    • Intro video was quite good. Liking this new trend.
    Cons:
    • No sexual content right now Blowjob & handjob is there.
    • Lots of inner monologues can ruin your experience.
    Suggestions :
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Comments:
    Well what can i say. for v0.1 it's pretty good.
    People who like very fast paced vn's will surely not enjoy this one. I won't recommend to players who like faster pace.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

lassoluh

The game has been reworked now, the story now has overall changes and is much better suited, all the problems the old version had such as "cringe" dialogue, small screen time for the MC, the story having controversial problems with some of the love interests, and HEAVY drama are gone(the game appear to still go for some drama in the future updates, but definitely less lengthy and heavy compared what it was).

The game now has a good development pace, nothing seems rushed or out of character, and the love interests now are way more interesting than it was before, specially Afina and Grace. If you played the old version and didn't like one a bit, I definitely recommend trying out after the revamp, a completely turnaround from what it was and such a rare thing to see here in F95, since when the criticism goes heavy on something, the devs just abandon the project and that's it.

Goodspeed!
  19. 3.00 star(s)

LastSonOfPersia

Renders 5 (amazing)
    Animations in the sex scenes 1 (just terrible which is a shame)
    Story is interesting ill give it a solid 3, undercover cop in the university (21 jump street vibe) but just too, too many monologue, characters talk to themselves for like 80% of the game, and in the sex scene with the teacher Mc is acting like a completely different person, he's all scared and sweet before the scene and as soon as he dropped his pants he's like this bdsm master or something, and the teacher is all dominant before the scene, but in the scene nothing, I dont get that.
  20. 3.00 star(s)

Call of Booty

The VN has potential even after bumpy start. Renders are good considering that MC is Chasing Sunset guy, but it's not first time to see models are used from other VNs. Actually is very often. Now, writing needs huge change, not only with silly foreign languages especially in character thoughts. Who cares if they think on Italian, French or whatever? It doesn't have any impact on the story. Characters thoughts are important for any VN, but in small ammount not like here where we find out all secrets and plus with Italic fonts. It's so difficult to see the diffrence between thoughts and dialogs because is mixed and apparently Dev/s want us to know what everybody think before they talk...
    All characters have dark side and they all somehow know each other in some way or they paths are connected. In New York?? Village, small city ok, but NY? C'mon.
    It's still early and with plenty of people with a lot of baggage are not doing a favor for readers( cuz we just read,no interact). VN needs lighter mood, fun and much,much more enjoyable moments for readers to get hooked or change the opinion about it. We need to interact, make choices so we can avoid things that we don't like. It seems to me that dev/s are working from chapter to chapter without having end already planned and that is dangerous game. Those usually end up with abondoned tag.
    Renders 4*
    Writing 1*
    Story 2*
    Effort 3*
    Quality 4*