VN - Ren'Py - Broken Promises [v0.38] [Light Cavalry]

1. 5.00 star(s)

iamsexyandiknowit

Great game. Definitely one of the amazing games with great story and amazing graphics. Love it! Should definitely try this game at least once. You won't be disappointed. One of the best games I have played so far.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Lord Drama

[0.37] Good graphic, first time I do screenshots not only girls, but also some scenes, because they are great :) Womans are not perfect (and that's great!). Not much much sex scenes, and it's good, there's build some of relations.

Cons what I see - sometimes the all undercover story is little stupid, when you think "soo, he's undercover, it's dangerous, but at the some time many person around know about who he is". But well, it's still pleasure.
    Second cons - I like, when story is step by step released to player, but here sometimes is really confusing and I think, that every person around know more about MC than you - player.

Waiting for next updates :)
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Rince556

Good game, looking forward to more.
    Great graphics, detailed and beautiful models.
    Storywise it is a bit lackluster. The whole cartel/police thing is a bit silly .
    The characters and their backgroundstories are all slightly overdramatic, and in terms of sexual content the game is much of a slowburn until chapter 3.
    Don´t get me wrong: in comparism to other games here the story is not worse, proably even better.
    All in all a beautiful dating sim-game to play, that has more qualities than a lot of other games here.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

mammonite

4stars , there's still room for improvements , but i think this is a very solid game , so far solid start with great renders , and hot curvey thicc girls and milfs (chef's kiss). Storywise i would say its fine , not bad ,but also not great , and it's still early it might also go south in the future who knows?, but for now it's a very solid 4stars for me atleast.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Zorro#34

The version is 0.37.

I'm kinda surprised that I got to this game so late, as "law enforcement action" is totally my thing. So, about what we have here…

Pros:
    1) Good plot.
    2) Decent visuals.
    3) Good MC. I like playing as heroes.
    4) Good LI selection, especially if you like redheads, tsunderes, or MILFs. The devs make an effort to show their troubles and lives to us without being overly dramatic about it, making the girls relatable.
    5) Good "directing" in general. Action, humor, and drama elements are all on their places.
    6) Action again.

Cons:
    1) Despite the good storytelling, I have to say that overall the writing is subpar. Tons of typos (including missing dots; I go bananas when I see missing dots!), the narrator sometimes talks directly to the player which doesn't work well with the MC's frequent inner monologues, and the cases where the narrator first tells the player that the characters did this or that, despite a render showing it appearing right then… Well, these things just shouldn't be in a game with this much potential.
    2) We need more sex, dammit!

So, overall, this is a decent game that has potential to become great, but requires a lot of proofreading and a couple of sex scenes to get there. Both tasks are totally feasible.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

calamityjoe22

This has got to be the most improved game so far. I love how Knight managed to find a co-creator whom he can agree with because the game has changed for the better.

I will say that Kylie has been my fave LI so far, with Brie following after her despite being a colossal bitch at the moment. The MC is a lot better and more mature, which fits that the overall tone of the game.

Whatever the case, I look forward to future updates to the game and become a patron again soon.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Skylaroo

Among the best games and the rare game where revamp really improved the quality. I really appreciate the dev not giving up back when it initially launched and hoping all the very best in the continuation of this game's development.

The main story's plot might be fairly straight forward, but it is done well by tying it to a character close to MC so it has strong relevance throughout the game. Each love interest is well written and despite each of them having their own issues to face, they are all still likeable characters. They are all beautiful too which is always a good problem to have.

Most importantly, there is a good content balance when it comes to the story and the romance progression to ensure that each update feels satisfying to play. There is always enough hook in this game. I want to see what's going to happen next in the main story's plot. I want learn more about the love interest's character story. I look forward to see how the relationship develops.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Abhai

This game and its dev had a rough start...The first releases were messy (which could be seen by 1-star reviews that still arent removed by f95zooone miracle).

The dev didnt lost his passion for it, nor become disheartened instead he worked hard and improved considerably in every department.

This game now (v0.37) could be considered one of the top AVNs around - in regards to story/plot, renders, atmosphere, characters, relations development, meaningful choices...

And what is more important it still has considerable room for the improvement (sex scenes for example, view is often "too close" which isnt that erotic imo), yet those mostly fall into some personal preferences.

All in all i could only wish the dev to continue his pursuit for the best game he can make, and i have no doubt he will get there in time.

p.s.
    seeing that this gem has only 3.7 rating, while too many crap projects/games have 4+ (or even higher) ratings shows how pointless/and useless current f95z rating system could be.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

ZARA-LOVE

To keep this short, I liked this one. Great models and characters are very well-created. The history of this one is something that I was searching for in some VN games. It has solid and beautiful elements, decent scenes of sex, and quite a charm.
    I recommend this game to all of you
  10. 5.00 star(s)

link18

There is nothing really that I can complain about in this VN

The story 8/10
    Renders/animation 9/10
    Character design 10/10
    Spicy scenes 10/10

What I liked most about this game was the girls/Lis are very different from body type to personality very well done and that this is not a harem so your choice may bite you later
    MCs story is kind of generic (hero born from tragedy) but very well executed and with some twists and turns
    I very much recommend this game try it (y)
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Bigsy1

What a great AVN. The story is not unique but still compelling and a fun read. the MC is really cool and obviously a chick magnet but what wins this hands down are the graphics and the LIs. They are gorgeous ! like SG level of gorgeous and varied in looks. Also each has their own personality which you don't see in every AVN. I'm really looking forward to see how this game progresses.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

MixQQ

+ likable mc, he is not a pathetic wimp
    + story
    + music is really nice
    + renders and animations, top notch
    + smoking hot gals with interesting personalities

a real fucking gem, no idea how i missed this game. 5 stars from me
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Lancaster Kingsman

Very good game, honestly my preference is games with a lot of sex scenes but the story, the main girls (among other characters) make me play by carefully reading each dialogue (Although not translated into Portuguese, a lot of things are meaningless but it doesn't interfere with the gameplay) I hope to see a lot more of this game.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

SimoNomias

I played v0.34; apart from a few logics, the game is actually pretty good. There is a nice variety in LIs, which are a class apart from regular AVNs. Go for it!
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  15. 3.00 star(s)

rylenops

The plot is a little silly but makes up for it with beautiful renders and girls that have compelling stories behind the masks they put up. If you like crime-drama shows you'll love this premise and I think it is unique in its own right.

Give it a try if you appreciate quality slow-burns like SG and you'll have fun.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Dessolos

Full disclosure even though English is the only language I understand. I do have issues noticing bad writing or grammar in these games.
    • Story
    This game is a story focused game first, so because of that there aren't any lewd scenes yet. But there is some lewd content just not of it. The story is part mystery that isn’t yet revealed and the other half there is a clear objective. Now depending how sensitive you are to realism to certain aspects this might be something that bothers you as well with this title.

The MC is a undercover cop I have no clue if how this portrayed so far in the game Is it too unrealistic or not. There is one character I question how they are a cop in this game however because it seems they were an addict and potentially shot someone in the past.
    • Renders

Normally renderings aren't something I judge or talk about in these games as it’s very subjective if you like them or not. But I felt the need to mention there were times where I thought the renders were really good above average for sure.
    • Characters
    Some may or may not like this part of the game. Because it can be a bit ridiculous when it’s used up in other games or any type of entertainment. But it seems for the most part all the characters are connected to one another in some shape or form without realizing. This aspect kind of bugged me at times. Because while I understand it made no sense for the MC to blow his cover since he is undercover. I found myself wanting the MC to tell a certain character to reveal who he really is since they knew each other in the past .

Every character seems to have gone through or is going through some kind of trauma. While I do like this troupe. I’ve been seeing it more and more lately, so it isn’t as refreshing as it used to be for me.

As far as the LI goes, I like all of them equally. This is probably one of rare games I can say I think I might actually like the milf character the most, a bit unsure at the moment but I do like her quite a bit. Though it helps that the MC is about the same age as her. Then there is the childhood friend. She remains a complete mystery as of now but I can’t help but to be scared for her as I want to like her the most so far despite not knowing enough about her. But I fear something bad is going to happen to her or she is going to end up being unlikeable once she reveals things to the character despite having good intentions.

• Additional Info
    Some have issues with the writing or grammar, I can't comment on that aspect of this game as I stated above I do have issues noticing bad writing or grammar. But I did notice there were misspellings from time to time not that often but it was present.

This game has made it into my top 5 List, cant wait to see more
  17. 5.00 star(s)

BeastyNasty

Excellent Game! It has a lot of potential the story building, the characters and the plot, the union of all this is perfect. Hope it will get better and better in the future. Keep up the good work dev(y).
  18. 1.00 star(s)

Queen Carmel

this is really a strange one to review, as you can not review the original and rework separately, so I will have just give this my best shot.

first of the original 0.1 game (before rework) was a solid 4 stars almost 5, in fact the only bad thing with the original 0.1 was the annoying intro and outro, there was no need for that, the game othwerwise was perfect, great renders, great story, great back story to the characters especially Grace.

then we got th 0.1.1 and the devs decided t destroy grace and ruin her back story, it still had the annoying intro and outro, but now due to changing game, game is at best a 2 star, maybe a 3 at a push.

then for some dumb reason (probably just to cream more money from patreons) the whole game was reworked, we got the new reworked chapter 1, and wtf? the writing is horrible, the dev here should have really kept with the old version, because this new version is complete and utter trash, and gets less than 0 stars.

this game started as a 4 maybe even 5 star game, then the dev decided to slowly destroy the game, and make it worse, funny thing here is the word slowly, because this game is really slow to update, I understand it is only one person making it, but many many other VN have only one dev making it, and they come out far quicker, and far better than this steaming pile of shit. BUT this game is not beyond salvage just yet, all the dev has to do, is go BACK to the ORIGINAL 0.1 game, with Grace's original back story, which was almost perfect, drop the stupid intro and outro, then it would be perfect, and carry on from there, to do any less than that, is pointless and at that point the dev may as well abandon this lost cause.
  19. 4.00 star(s)

johnman300

Still early days on this one... sorta. Scares me that there have been two updates in a year and a half. Really more of a 4.5* but rounding it down due to slowish updates. That said, some of the slowness here is apparantly due to a revamp of chapter 1. So is that maybe 3 updates in a year and a half? Anyways...

Renders are quite nice. The girls are lovely in a real world sorta way. There's thiccness there in a cute realistic way. No lewds yet in the revamped chapters, so keep the slow burn in mind here. Music and Sound effects are... mostly nonexistent. Same with animations. Those things dont bother me, but many seem to think AVNs cant be good without them.

The story makes sense for the most part. Some things are a bit unrealistic, but we'll see how things go in future updates. The MC seems actually quite likable, not a beta pushover type, so if the magic dick syndrome comes into play later, it'll make more sense than in other AVNs.

Really, its quite a good effort here with room to improve. Gonna keep an eye out on it in the hopeful eventuality of a better update schedule.
  20. 4.00 star(s)

Jaango

Broken Promises [ch.2 Rework]

When the demo of this first came out I was pretty much excited because I loved the demo. But the first version of this one got my hopes down. Because writing was dull, and that teacher annoyed me she fastly fallen for MC's cock. And I was bored with this one.

But after the rework I loved it. Now the teacher was not there. And story got more clarification and got more interesting. Renders and models are good. I'm always into story driven VN's with good romance and this one got my pass. Overall I loved the game. Keep up the good work dev looking forward to next updates.

:coffee: