Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Well, no, if you sell a girl and then rebuy her, she will always be the same girl, with same stats, traits, perks, fixations etc.
Once you get all possible pics of a girl, best way to get remaining locked pics is to sell her and then find another clone of the same girl. You may not get a gold trait, but if she has different fixations, you could train her where you couldn't do for the other one. Moreover, you can get my trainer and change a cloned girl green trait with a gold one, then rename her with the original girl's name and voilà! you have another original girl ;)

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
I don't like the new version. Looks like that it is only possible to train a girl once a day, now. Magic or normal, not both anymore. This increase the time you need to proceed very much.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
That's true: now a girl can be trained only once a day; moreover, if you train her during daytime, you can't do that again if she's in MC master bedroom. But this can be avoided activating debug mode, or using cheats to reset slaves interactions: for every reset you can train her again and again.

Btw the reason training has been nerfed so much is because of BK community feedback: many players suggested to limit it and Goldo decided it was a good idea, pushing players to spend AP point for different purposes or different training sessions involving many girls each time.

Last edited:

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
It is sad. The problem is, yes it can be cheated, but it means for every girl making several extra steps to do so. That reduce the fun of playing the game very much for me.

What I do not understand is, if some people want it harder, why not make for them in the preferences a checkbox to choose if they want the limitation?

Last edited:

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
I guess it was the majority and also Goldo's opinion that in this way BK would have been more interesting; clearly not everyone can be happy for such a change. You're right when you say that it would be better having a choice, maybe I'll figure out something with my trainer, best would be a one-click cheat for unlimited training interactions so those like you who want it can have it. Can't promise anything yet, but gimme some time.

EDIT: Sothyr and everyone else interested in unlimited training - I've found a way to set 1000 training interactions available for every girl in the brothel, just by clicking a keyboard button when you need it (for now, at least once every game day). You just need to put my trainer in /game folder and press "?" during game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Krotoc and Sothyr

Erwin_Meyer

Oct 8, 2017
"Misc" items in girl's inventory

just a brief question: what exactly is to go there? never found anything that could be attached...

tnx for any replies

E.M.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
New patch released:

Fixed
- XP and JP items sometimes skipping a level if using too many at once
- Life of luxury perk
- Last night log bug
- Safe not working bug (only works on a new save, but I have included a repair cheat for existing saved games in Cheats/Others)
- Various tweaks in the way fixation pictures are generated (this is a fairly complex overhaul, let me know if you notice anything strange during advanced training)

Not fixed
- The CG gallery bug. This is the same one that was reported before and that VolginGoh has encountered. You can manually remove it from 'BKclasses.rpy', looking for line 5783:

Code:
#<Chris12 NotFound>
            # Loads a neutral image instead of failing, in case an image does not exist
            try :
                child = im.cache.get(self.image)
            except IOError :
                renpy.notify("Missing: " + self.imgname)
                child = im.cache.get(Image("backgrounds/not_found.webp"))
            #</Chris12 NotFound>
And replace it with:

Code:
#<Chris12 NotFound>
            # Loads a neutral image instead of failing, in case an image does not exist
            try :
                child = im.cache.get(self.image)
            except IOError :
                pass
            #</Chris12 NotFound>
It seems to work but I don't recommend it, as it might break other things. I recommend waiting for Chris12 to take a look at it instead.

- Wrong name appearing during jobs : I checked the code, but couldn't figure out anything strange
- The 'Sell all girls' bug: It works just fine for us, coulnd't reproduce it

PUBLIC SERVICE ANOUNCEMENT from Goldo:

"I will now work exclusively on 0.2, unless something major is broken I won't release more fixes for 0.15b. This is so that I can move on to the large amount of work I still have on 0.2, and port the game to the newest version of Renpy. Of course, if Chris12 comes along with a fix for the CG gallery, I will release a hotfix. But all other requests will have to wait for 0.2."

Of course I'll still try to fix minor bugs when I can, sparing some job to Goldo and solving any problems I'm able to do.

Aberfort

Oct 11, 2019
Sup guys! Got a little problem here: the game sometimes freezes and then crashes before the final resolve screen - where it shows you the money and reputation you've gained during the night. I am not sure what to make of it, like, it doesn't give me any errors or anything, so I'll just throw in the logs and hope for your wisdom. Also I keep getting this weird error (pic related) when I end the day, and it keeps popping up even after I've deleted this girl's pack. Doesn't bother me much tho.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
About the error log after crash: this is the culprit
KeyError: <'Image' u'NPC/katryn/portrait.webp'>
Check inside that folder if there's portrait.webp. Maybe you applied latest patch (0.15b) on 0.14 version?

Second issue: did you delete Mercy girl pack? That stuff shouldn't be around anymore, it's heavy bugged (do you remember who was the author of the pack?). Deleting it may not be enough, try to repair girls pictures using the help menu, while you're in main brothel screen; do it 4-5 times if necessary.

Tidalbore

Dec 31, 2017
Not to mention I think Mercy was one of those early packs where the author used the Boa Hancock BK.ini as a base but didn't actually change/remove much at all, so it still had all the dialogue and event plugs sitting there as if the character was Boa Hancock, which made things weird and glitchy to all hell.

Aberfort

Oct 11, 2019
About the error log after crash: this is the culprit

Check inside that folder if there's portrait.webp. Maybe you applied latest patch (0.15b) on 0.14 version?

Second issue: did you delete Mercy girl pack? That stuff shouldn't be around anymore, it's heavy bugged (do you remember who was the author of the pack?). Deleting it may not be enough, try to repair girls pictures using the help menu, while you're in main brothel screen; do it 4-5 times if necessary.
1. Everything seems to be in order with the portrait (pic related).
2. No, I am 100% positive this was a 15b version, tho I've applied all 3 patches I've found here in their relative order.
3. When I am pressing the help button, it redirectes me to the IE starting page.

Not to mention I think Mercy was one of those early packs where the author used the Boa Hancock BK.ini as a base but didn't actually change/remove much at all, so it still had all the dialogue and event plugs sitting there as if the character was Boa Hancock, which made things weird and glitchy to all hell.
Now that I think about it, it was probably not a very good idea to download every single decent girl pack from the HHS thread.

So as far as I'm concerned, I've fucked up my game client. I'll try reinstalling it. In the meantime, could you please tell me which patches should I apply and in which order?

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Only the latest patch applied to vanilla 0.15b; if you want to avoid troubles with girl packs I can tell you that for now that Mercy pack should be ignored, if you remember the author I'll provide a warning for that here and on HHS forum. Other packs shouldn't give major troubles, if so they are usually fixed by removing BK.ini from their folders.

Aberfort

Oct 11, 2019
if you remember the author I'll provide a warning for that here and on HHS forum.
It was a pack by Rhev, page 15 of the HHS. But it would appear that there is a fix uploaded by Shinsal on page 32, tho he doesn't give a link to the pack itself. Finding it without specifically looking for it seems pretty much impossible to me, would be nice if you were to mention them together.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
I can add a short info in the thread about mods and girl packs here on f95zone, but on HHS I don't have editing rights, so can't modify that post.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
pretty cool game ,, girl pacs where fun to DL all them ...lol .. to bad game could not play without any . maybe give enough to play the game without having to Dl a huge amount of the girl pacs .. i didn't know if the game would be any good without like 10 gig of girl pacs .. so fun time i had .. lol .. great game tho :)

Tidalbore

Dec 31, 2017
pretty cool game ,, girl pacs where fun to DL all them ...lol .. to bad game could not play without any . maybe give enough to play the game without having to Dl a huge amount of the girl pacs .. i didn't know if the game would be any good without like 10 gig of girl pacs .. so fun time i had .. lol .. great game tho :)
You technically only need a handful of packs to run the game without issues, I typically function with groupings of 32 (which is the base maximum capacity of the highest level brothel without making any modifications to game files), my recommendation is find packs that either fit your preferences (hair color, figure, etc, if they have a .ini file you can potentially add personality to that), or have significance to you (from a game/show/etc you like, or grew up watching, that sort of thing), and grab those instead of just grabbing everything, because there is definitely quite a decent number of packs out there these days. It will also benefit you to preferentially go for packs whose latest releases were more recent, since the game has changed/updated/added tags over time, and newer packs are more likely to have more complete coverage than older pack (for example, one renpy update caused an issue with the "bisexual" picture tag, as the game was [from my understanging at least] reading the word "sex" in "bisexual" and deciding it was a valid picture for basic penetrative sex acts, so the "bisexual" tag was changed to "bis" to keep the game from confusing the two). When I am testing new/updated packs I generally only have maybe 7 or 8 packs total running on that particular copy of the game, sometimes as few as 4 to 5, Just to make it easier to grab the ones I want to test out, so I can say the game seems to work okay with just a few packs, though I typically don't run those games into the later chapters.

Reactions: ImperialD

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Hi guys, sorry to say it but I'm currently unable to make new content for BK; in other words, the new jobgirl events is still at 50% comlpetion - dialogues are ready, pictures too, but it still needs to be coded and completed with sounds and effects. I there's a volunteer with time and skills to do it, I'll be very grateful; it would be a pity if 0.20 will be released without this new part of the story between Scarlet and MC.

Jun 17, 2018
I am crazy hooked on this game it's idea, but I was wondering how often does it get an update/patch ? Because i checked the forum and saw that the latest one ( the one that i found it on) took a year to come out...

DarkN00b

Mar 17, 2019
I am crazy hooked on this game it's idea, but I was wondering how often does it get an update/patch ? Because i checked the forum and saw that the latest one ( the one that i found it on) took a year to come out...
It took year for a mayor patch yes. I'm not sure myself but these patches always have story, gameplay updates and some bug fixes. But probably the main focus is the story? Which is why it takes so long (only one person works on the story). Not talking about v15b which is a bigger patch including perfomance improvements and some UI updates (probably some gameplay aswell, not sure tbh).

Other updates don't take that long and are often included in the most recent patch. Recent updates were for mostly girlpack makers though

Well, the update rate also depends on the people helping goldo with improving the game (not many)

I might be wrong about the update contents though

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes