Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

torus8367

Aug 29, 2017
Hey, I've been following this game for a bit looking for packs, and so far I'm systematically scouring through the girl packs threads both on here and on the HHS forum. Are there any other places where packs are being posted?

Also, I'm hearing this news about v0.2 being released and from that I have 2 additional questions:

1. Is Goldo still the one working on v0.2? Or has the duty been taken up by someone else?

2. Will I be able to transfer the girl packs that I have been collecting for 0.15 over to 0.2 relatively easily? I'm not too great at programming or any of that, which is why I'm asking.

Thank you and keep it up!

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
torus8367: Unless kite80 has had personal communications with Goldo that I'm not aware of, I wouldn't hold my breath for 0.2 just yet. Because it is still just him doing it, with a bunch of RL issues on top. Personally, I doubt there'll be anything before summer, and even that's probably wildly optimistic.

If you want a fix for new BK content NOW, you can try my mod, Bonanza, which is going through a public beta at the moment. I think it's reached a slightly stable state right now. But be warned, it's not for those who can't handle a lack of handholding and lots of grinding. :p

Packwise, some unnamed pack makers occasionally have packs in their Mega folders that aren't advertised, but these are usually not significant. You can also somewhat reuse old Whore Master packs, maybe some other games, too.

Transferring girl packs over has nearly nothing to do with programming as such. If there are any changes, it means that you might have to rename some files, at most. Okay, lots of files. :cool: But still, I think Goldo will keep backwards compatibility as much as he can, unlike me. :(

Reactions: torus8367

torus8367

Aug 29, 2017
Got it. I haven't actually played much of the game itself yet, so I'm not sure about mods (I've just been finding and adding packs to a collection so that there's a wealth of girls waiting when I do start playing). I have 2 questions regarding that:

1. Will adding a new girlpack mess with the game in any way if I do it when I have already have a save file created? (which is why I'm hesitant to start until I have a wealth of girls)

2. What happens if I delete a girlpack while I have a save file created? Will that mess the game up?

Thanks again!

P.S. By 'hold my breath for 0.2, do you mean as in it likely won't happen at all? Or it will just take quite some more time before it comes out?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Yeah, if you haven't played vanilla BK much, Bonanza might send you screaming. :devilish: It's not your typical XXX experience, it's something approaching an actual (poorly developed) game.

1. Adding a new girlpack does nothing bad and new girls based on it can show up pretty quickly. No problems there, unless it comes with a bad _BK.ini. I hope those have been weeded out, but I'm not sure.

2. Removing one is a bit bad, but there are procedures for it (the help menu). You might lose some girls, but that's it.

No, I think 0.2 will still happen, maybe sooner than I think, maybe not. 0.3 is iffy, and anything beyond that is completely unknown.

xanon515x

Mar 16, 2019
No, I think 0.2 will still happen, maybe sooner than I think, maybe not. 0.3 is iffy, and anything beyond that is completely unknown.
Man... Its sounding like goldo its just having significant IRL problems atm to continue the project much beyond that 2.0. Would you be willing/capable/interested to take over the reins on the project if needed? Feels like you are the most qualified on the forum to do so imho, and at least id hate to see this game joining the pile of abandoned projects

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Jman is giving Goldo a great hand, perhaps Goldo could decide to include part of the mod in the vanilla version like it happened with OhWee's interface mod. I'm sure this game won't be abandoned, no matter which IRL problems Goldo may have, as long as he's capable of spending time on this project BK won't be left to a sad doom.
In any case, anyone wishing to give a hand writing stories for NPCs and other stuff can step by on HHS forum and talk with him, this could speed up the project a little.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Man... Its sounding like goldo its just having significant IRL problems atm to continue the project much beyond that 2.0.
You wish. We'll have 0.3, at best. :p Well, Goldo had his dev time cut by RL changes to his daily routine, and the current plague is probably not helping, either.

Would you be willing/capable/interested to take over the reins on the project if needed?
No, sorry. I have no great interest in doing a 'streamlined' version of my fork, and I'm much more likely than Goldo to just disappear. Hell, I've been accused of trying to take over the project as is. :(

Goldo or anyone else is free to reuse whatever they want, I'm not attaching any strings to Bonanza.

But kite80 is right, the greatest obstacle to BK development right now is lack of writers. I'm not one, and I've contributed as much as I'm able, i.e. a few isolated events. If more people did the same, we'd have a much greater chance of seeing more chapters. I'm not going to hold my breath until it happens, though.:cautious:

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Yup, I wasn't wrong when I read one of his posts where he said he was at a good point :) Now let's test 0.2!

WARNING: a test version is always a little bugged, I suggest those who want to give it a try to make a separate folder for that and keep your previous versions separated from that, for now.

Reactions: Reij

RedGreen3

Apr 13, 2020
Does anyone know how to increase a girl's will work percentage? I have a girl who is fascinated by sex and anal and has almost 100% train, but 0% work.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
RedGreen3: 0.15b, 0.2 test or Bonanza? And by 'work' do you mean jobs or whoring? If it's the first for both, increase the girl's obedience, fear and mood. Make sure she has enough energy. Dry Moon, the Warrior's 'Discipline' ability, 'Dedicated' gold trait and 'Housebroken' virginity trait, and the 'Hardworking' perk all help with getting her to work. In theory, you can also punish her for 'disobeying', but this currently only works in the latest Bonanza update.

RedGreen3

Apr 13, 2020
RedGreen3: 0.15b, 0.2 test or Bonanza? And by 'work' do you mean jobs or whoring? If it's the first for both, increase the girl's obedience, fear and mood. Make sure she has enough energy. Dry Moon, the Warrior's 'Discipline' ability, 'Dedicated' gold trait and 'Housebroken' virginity trait, and the 'Hardworking' perk all help with getting her to work. In theory, you can also punish her for 'disobeying', but this currently only works in the latest Bonanza update.
The 0.15b version. It shows will train % and will work % when I hover over her sex stats. Her will train % is almost at 100%, but will work % is at 0%. Her job is whoring. She'll do whoring, but the stat screen says she won't do those acts? I also can't tick sex or anal options on the screen.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I suppose the simplest reason might be that you're spoiling her, i.e. high love and low fear (= high trust/anti-fear). But if it says 0% and she's not refusing to work and she's not wearing a leather choker or being disciplined by Lydie, you've got a bug on your hands. Report it over at the HHS bug thread, and include a save.

If you can't enable a sex act, look at the tooltip in the upper right corner. It'll tell you what's wrong.

RedGreen3

Apr 13, 2020
I suppose the simplest reason might be that you're spoiling her, i.e. high love and low fear (= high trust/anti-fear). But if it says 0% and she's not refusing to work and she's not wearing a leather choker or being disciplined by Lydie, you've got a bug on your hands. Report it over at the HHS bug thread, and include a save.

If you can't enable a sex act, look at the tooltip in the upper right corner. It'll tell you what's wrong.
Thank you! I just started playing yesterday, so this is all new to me. I loaded the game again and both suddenly jumped to 100%. She was working the whole time, though I think I might be spoiling her. Not far enough in the game to unlock Lydie yet, either. All she has is a dress, too.

fzdudesome

Mar 9, 2018
Can you actually catch girls? Or do you need to convince them to be your slaves? Kinda defeats the point of slavery.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
No, unless you use a very fiddly combination of mods.

Lorewise, you're a pimp, not a slaver. You pay others to do the dirty work for you, and rake in the profits. It'd be really easy for the authorities (the corrupt City Guard under Farah/Renza or the upstanding version under Maya) to use your illegal enslaving of free citizens as an excuse to shut the brothel down. The Slavers' Guild might not take kindly to freelance competitors, either.

The 'talk free girls into slavery' thing is you doing what a pimp does best, manipulating girls. It's shady, but not illegal per se.

And when I say illegal, the illegality doesn't come from Zan being a beacon of morality etc., it's due to the interested parties in Zan using the legal system to maintain their lucrative monopoly on the slave trade. And ensuring that random thugs don't go around the street whacking any girl they take a fancy to.

Gameplay-wise, it's really hard to have a balanced system where it's still worthwhile to talk free girls into slavery, buy ready-made slaves on the market, and just clobber a random girl on the head and get her 'for free'. The only mod that tried to do this was put on hold before any serious balancing got done, and was basically cheat mode in its current form.

TLDR, Brothel King is not this kind of game (at the moment, and possibly forever).

Reactions: LaterGater

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Latest patch for 0.2 version:
That's for 0.2 only, don't try to use it for older versions!

Reactions: Sasilton
4.60 star(s) 44 Votes