Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
About misc slot, I think some items like nurse cap, geisha mask etc. could be put there instead of panties slot.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Sure, that's exactly what happens in my mod. There's a legion of extras, too. Like maid aprons, earrings, towels, serving trays, bridal veils, leather pants, chopsticks, etc. AFAIK, Goldo never got to reviewing those, and I couldn't exactly force him, could I? :cautious:

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
About misc slot, I think some items like nurse cap, geisha mask etc. could be put there instead of panties slot.
Nope. No current items go in vanilla game's Misc slot. Items in Misc category are treated as Use or Give, but not Equip.

So I suppose you meant, "in some future modification, could be put there."

The Misc slot may be intended for some future use, but might be better changed to Hidden status for now.

Last edited:

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
For me it would be enough if panties get their own slot, there's no reason a girl couldn't wear it alongside a set of cat ears or a nurse hat

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
That one's pretty easy to do, especially since the Misc slot already exists.

Actually, it's so easy that I once accidentally gave the MC a panties slot... o_O

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
I tried to edit item slots and types in BK_items.rpy but nothing happened, what else should I change?

WolandFaust

Nov 2, 2018
Probably because latest 0.15b is built on Ren'Py 7.0.0. Gh8st had similar trouble with Ren'Py launcher on Mac.
Thanks, works for me now.

Can confirm version 0.15b of brothel king is working on JoiPlay version 1.01.73 with ren'py plugin version 1.00.24 .

Seems to be a decent way for those who want to play this on Android.

These versions of JoiPlay app and plugin can be downloaded from JoiPlay Patreon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lilifox

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Goldo is working on 0.2, so BK is not an abandoned project. Although there's not an official release yet, 0.2 is currently in beta test and already available (but not entirely finished): in other words, you can get current 0.2 release right now but keep in mind that some events are still in development and some game features may change due to bug fixes, rebalance or revamp.

Mar 4, 2018
I wasn't expecting a lot, but holy shit BK is incredible. I've never seen Ren'Py utilised this way and didn't think it could be so robust. Going to go through it again with a dozen more girl packs and Bonanza next!
1620023542006.jpg

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Well, ren'py is a programming tool after all, it's good for VN but it can be used for more complicated things (even if there are better tools around for high level stuff, to be honest). Btw welcome aboard pal ;-)

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
I wasn't expecting a lot, but holy shit BK is incredible. I've never seen Ren'Py utilised this way and didn't think it could be so robust. Going to go through it again with a dozen more girl packs and Bonanza next!
Welcome to the rabbit hole. It goes a long, long way down.

That said, if you're trying things out, another thing to possibly try is the latest of version 0.2. 0.2 is not as stable as 0.15b, but it is definitely playable, and has a large portion of the chapter 2 plot in it at this point.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
...Bonanza next!
Bonanza is functional, but somewhat outdated, very poorly supported, wildly imbalanced, quite unoptimised and certain design decisions will make you tear your hairs out. Yes, those hairs. :p

On the other hand, 0.2 is more polished and has a bit more content, but it's also more of the same.

Well, ren'py is a programming tool after all, it's good for VN but it can be used for more complicated things (even if there are better tools around for high level stuff, to be honest).
Ren'Py and Python are high-level languages/environments, if anything. And I fear BK is right around the limits of what it can reasonably handle. I'm also rather surprised at how well BK actually works.

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
Bonanza is functional, but somewhat outdated, very poorly supported, wildly imbalanced, quite unoptimised and certain design decisions will make you tear your hairs out. Yes, those hairs. :p
And for any of the new people who do not realize who Jman9 is in this mix of BK supporters, a couple of years back he happened to want to make BK a little more challenging, so built himself a mod that happens to be named Bonanza. Quite a coincidence. :)

• Wow
Reactions: Jman9
Mar 4, 2018
I really am a huge fan of this project and I'd like to contribute to it, since I'm woefully inexperienced in python or don't have the patience to create girl packs with custom personalities I thought I'd take a dip into the music files. BK already has a decent selection of tunes but I thought I'd put my two cents in as well in case any of the active modders here or even Goldo might want to expand on it down the line.

It's a continuation of the Eastern style in varied mix of ambience, orchestral, spooky etc, sourced from many different games which aren't necessarily popular so should fall on a lot of unknowing ears. I batch resampled them down for size whilst retaining a balance of quality, I could have added twice as much but the size and selection are quite large enough.

The main idea is to sift through it and put to the side tracks for current or future expansions, since I'm not on HHS I would be more than happy with Kite80, Jman9 or Leortha disseminating it over there. Hope this is useful in some way!

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 44 Votes