Ren'Py - Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

1. 2.00 star(s)

HentaiMoon

This game wasn't for me which was surprising considering that I loved Slave maker.
    The main problem with this game for me was that it felt very grindy, I feel like I didn't have a lot of options on what I could do since I felt like I was constantly falling behind on money.
    I wish there was a feature that made the slaves automatically rest before they got to tired, maybe there is one and I couldn't see it.
    Since I did have to set all the rest days manually it got more and more tedious for me, the more girls I got, so at some point I just stopped managing them, spent my action points and pressed next day instead.

Maybe I played it wrong but the way I played it made it feel repetitive, grindy and tedious.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Talilover

I've played a couple of hours and here's my two cents, it's okay and be a lot better if didn't try to be more.

What I mean by that is this game is great when it's a super version of that one brothel flash game on newgrounds I can't remember the name of, and I'm a huge fan of how they've made it easy to import your own characters that you're interested in whoring out and fostered a community around making these packs. The brothel management itself is also fun, with varying jobs, perks, training methods, and ways to manage your girls. I also liked the idea of starting rock bottom and eventually working your way up to being a respected establishment in the rich district of the city.

And then the rest of the game happened. I'll be real with you chief, I don't fucking care about some long story about the corrupt guards and working with some guild who's in contact with some goddess so they can do their plot of replacing the captain of the guards with their own form of corruption but then you have the choice of actually tattling on the thieves guild so you can-bro shut the fuck up and let me get a license already for fucks sake. Just give me the bare minimum story about getting to this city and getting a brothel and then let me manage that brothel, that's all I need.

There's also some dnd rolling with different stats during some encounters, side stories locked behind exploring in certain areas (one required to unlock a "farm" for training", and some frankly awful system of wooing girls around the city (spam asking her about love/telling jokes/ groping/ yada yada) which have the misfortune of not ending up in your slave girl roster it seems.

In short, love the brothel management game. Just wish that's all this was

Edit: Once you get past the story part that's never actually going to be updated this game becomes what it should be, but holy fuck is that guild fee the most annoying "fuck you" system of the game of constantly punishing you for doing well until it just becomes some absurd amount of gold to pay/ eventually bankrupts you and ends the game
  3. 4.00 star(s)

teletube

A great game overall. Gets a bit repetetive and tiresome at some point, yet before that its really engaging and interesting.

Gameplay is interesting, I really enjoy management games.
    Plenty of stuff to do for an early release of a game.
    Allows customization of characters.

It's good, considering it's stage - 8/10.
    Unfortunately, it seems abandoned for a long time now.
    This game really has (or had) a potential to become one of the greatest if only it would've been finished.
    (Game is in v0.2 during this review)
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Yasaki74

It's a really good game, It remind me of jack of nine o tails and pytfall (though it's abandoned)
    The game has variety of girls made by the most supportive community I've seen.
    Even though it's v0.2 the game provide a fuck ton of content like a lot,
    some stuff can be improved but most of them are enough to enjoy yourself
    I'd recommend download some of your favorite girls in the link provided in the post. (It really improved the gameplay to have fun)
    You could try some mods in the game too, though not much but still improving
    This is a small community of people but a very supportive one
    You should try out the game, worth your time!
  5. 5.00 star(s)

ArcanEWolf

While the progression of the development is somewhat slow the game itself is a good timekiller and even though its just 0.2 atm functional.
    Plus the possibility of creating your own girl folders and apply them so easily into the game makes it interesting since you can decide what the content of your H-scenes will be.

[plus if you actively create packs it really helps you getting your hentai collection nice, clean and well organized.]
  6. 5.00 star(s)

kokmaker

Maybe it's just because the sim brothel genre really tickles my fancy, (I just like management/simulation games in general), but I honestly give it five stars despite being 0.2. There's a lot of replayability and modding potential. It's quite satisfying making your own girl pack and/or editing others. Probably my most played game on here. I didn't think I would like the story for something mainly gameplay oriented, yet I found it charming enough. Besides the unfinished story and yet to be implemented potential future gameplay elements to vary the gameplay loop later on, (which is understandable and typical of something that's only in 0.2,) my biggest complaint is the noticeable lag when you have a lot of girls. Most likely a limitation of ren'py, so I'm unsure if that's something that can be optimized.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Jamar123

One of the better modern takes on the whole brothel/trainer genre. The story is amusing and enough content to keep it interesting although the images and setting are way too 'weeby' for my taste and after a certain point things become overly repetitive.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Deimos96

Very impressive game for a solo developed game that is purely fueled, I assume, by passion and hobby from its dev.

The strongest point of this game is the gameplay and management mechanics. The ability to train and invest in your slaves for the long term or find that virgin you can uprank for a quick flip makes for an interesting loop of gameplay.

There is an image-fetching engine in this game which adds to the game's immersiveness. Want to titfuck your girl? Well here's an image of her getting titfucked! How about some weird fetish? Well here's her tied up in some BDSM shit. It's seamless, but without it, it would feel like a different game.

The weakest point of this game is probably the UI design. It's ok and the game is navigable. But it is very barebones, to say the least.

Oh, it has a story, it isn't finished yet though. But I can say it is quite funny and charming at times. A lot of fucking too, which is nice.

As someone who enjoys management sims/strategy games more than VNs, this is a game that sticks with me. Can't wait for the next update!
  9. 4.00 star(s)

PDP19

Finished up to chapter 3, and there's no further update at time of writing, so here's my thoughts on the game.

Story

I think I can point out that the story is competently told, and is presently likely the best part of this game. Most H games (even good ones) tend to have shitty forgettable stories, but this game got me engaged more than once so that's one big gold star.

Basically you're a person who used to be on the top but lost everything (except your one slave) and is now running a brothel for a chance at power and profit. So happens that this is a world where sexual favors are the equivalent of having goku powers. Its kinda like Dune, except spice is replaced by whores.

There's some intelligent choices here that do have consequences so there's some bit of replayability, and surprisingly got me interested enough to know more. I must say, for a game that's unfinished there's really enough content to keep you around for 10 hours.

Looking forward to updates, because presently some parts of the story are left at a cliffhanger.

Gameplay

Standard management game but there's enough complexity here that you're not just mashing buttons. And since training requires some bit of skill, and there's an RNG element, you're not going to be watching paint dry playing this game.

There is a small number of minigames here, but very few are mandatory. You can explore the city for more rng and fun, but since it consumes AP early players would probably miss out on this part.

But insofar as a H game, there's really not much to hype up about. Basically, the scenes are linear, unanimated (unless you happen to download girls that actually have animated scenes), and none of it gets me hard because the texts are neither saucy or interesting, and the pics can't hold up on their own.

Its weird this one. Tons of variety via its incredible community contributions, but not the least satisfying because it feels so disconnected between the text and pics, the many quality shifts, and what I can only describe as a lack of curation.

Oh and I should perhaps mention this, the game is fairly long and grindy. But since you can adjust the difficulty, its really up to you whether youre interested in grinding up for your H games.

Art

Can't critique this because the girl pics are obviously mishmashed from various artists.

But at least the NPC pics looks to have been drawn by one artist, and its solid stuff. And I have to say, at very least the NPC pics seem to belong to the game, so that's one gold star over the other girls.

Emotional Progression/Satisfaction

Here's one real problem I had with this game. Its not emotionally satisfying. Part of that is because the pics dont belong with one another so there's no connection between scenes. You can't possibly invest emotionally, or even begin to have favorites, because the girl of your dreams shifts her very being every click. Its like having a girlfriend that randomly changes her appearance every 4 hours a day.

And the other part is that there's no meaningful progression. The so-called 'love' between master and slave is but a mere number that determines her overall happiness meter. It doesn't even open up more options. Far as I know, all this really does is make each girl reveal a little more history of herself to you, but since it doesn't actually sync with what she likes/dislikes what's the point? Since the poses are chosen (I assume) at random its completely disconnected to her state of mind anyway, so you're not even incentivized to pursue it.

Conclusion and Suggestions

I like the game, but I can't overlook the fact that my penis is distinctly flaccid throughout. Can't help but think other management games like club bifrost, while nowhere near as complex, is at least more satisfying. You feel enough for your girls that its possible to feel bad prostituting them out. But in this game there's nothing of the sort.

There is plenty of potential though. So here's a few quick suggestions from myself;

- Have the pics connect to the girls' present emotional status. If she's in love with me then the pic should show it. Not a random pic from rule34 of her doing her homework.
    - The base game should just get one artist to do, maybe a default of 5 girls. That way, by default the girls would feels more connected to the world. Have customization, yes, but as a choice.
    - Consider saucing up the texts. Its actually possible to be aroused from reading bs erotic texts it seems. Humans are weird that way
    - Or alternatively, if hiring an artist is out of the question, there's plenty of eroge games out there that has ideal material that at very least is consistent artwise. I mean, the NPCs are practically taken off from other games, why not some default girls as well?

Recommended only for hardcore management H games enthusiasts. 4 stars from me, and that's mostly because the story is fun if nothing else. The brothel gameplay probably only 3 stars max, unfortunately.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

YaBoiDeath

A great management game with a story built into it. A major bonus is the customizability of the game in terms of the girls you can add to it - that being practically anyone (if they have enough material to use in the pack, that is). If you're looking for a management game with girls from various franchises and such, than this is the game for you.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

SaltyWeenie

Great game supported by its flexibility with modpacks and girlpacks. Looking forward to updates. This is the exact game you have been looking for as a manager of a brothel using your own custom girls.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

-Yor-0728

From my point of view, having almost finished it, I can say that it seems to me an excellent game within its field, the fact that it allows you to "fantasize" with the characters that you like the most and interact with them in x or y ways seems excellent to me , it has a very good interface, the plot seems solid to me and despite having a lot of dialogue it's not boring... but that's only at the beginning, when you're more advanced in the game, you know how to handle things, the game limits you to very few interactions, that is, this game has a good initial start, but in my opinion, in the middle it gets very slow. Of course I can not criticize a game that is not finished yet, but nevertheless I recommend it. I analyzed several points that I consider important (Drawing / 3D model, Plot, Interface, music, scenes +18, gameplay, animation, map) and I just have to say that in the drawing/3D model part it has a regular score, because most of the "scenes" are works of other people in a global way, that is, possibly most of them have no idea that their arts are used here, but I don't see it bad , seems to me a practical way to make use of what exists and combine it into something. In short, I recommend it 4.3/5.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

SmaugTheDragon

Best brothel management game in existence, good writing, great jokes, good gameplay, great moddability. And you can add any character into the game with a few hours of effort.

I really recommend everyone to also check out the Trait King mod from the game's forum.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

Askwad

A worthy brothel manager game that's gonna give you hours of entertainment if these games appeal to you. There is enough depth to satisfy that itch of immersing yourself into running a brothel, and it's intuitively enough not to make it overly complex. And with fans making custom girls there is a lot to work with. It's not without hiccupts in the management parts as a lot of options are just bloaters and counter-intuitive. But those issues seem small in the grand scheme of things. Oh and it's pretty hard/grindy even on normal setting but you can adjust that.

With that said, it is my sincerest belief that the game would be better off if the story of the game was severely diminished or removed completely. Each time you're forced to interact with the story it's a chore. Not one character is likeable and the writing is just awful. You're gonna get a neckbeard just witnessing the dialogue, each attempt at humor reeks of ANIMUUU (not anime, this is the incel version of it). Kosmo's appearance is just painful and makes me feel dirty for playing the game.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Congressman Weiner

OK so I've played this through quite a few times, enjoying trying different difficulty settings and different girls and so on.

A few comments / suggestions. Keep in mind I know nothing about coding.

1. Is it possible to give certain girls specific traits based on the girl? For instance, I found one time that when I used Ariel the Mermaid, she had a thing for "wet" and Belle loved books and so on. Made perfect sense, but I am under the impression this was just random. After all, I also had Hermione saying she hated books ...

2. I've enjoyed some of the conversations I had with free girls before they joined the Brothel but once they joined, the personalities did not continue -- the best example I can think of was when I had one girl (Snow White) who was clearly very submissive and horny, but once she was in the brothel, showed none of those signs...

These may require specific girls that come with the initial game, I suppose, instead of the girl packs...

3. I wish there was a way to progress to the next chapter if my girls are ready even if I haven't finished the plot for that chapter. In other words, I'd love this to be, in essence, two games: a "run the brothel" strategy game and a "enjoy the plotline" game, both of which would progress at their own rate instead of being reliant on each other.

4. I still think adding an option for girls at the brothel to do "shows" with beasts (like at the farm) is a good idea, especially since if you never use the farm, you'll never see the artwork for that option.

5. I think some of the customers should be women... I mean, it's kind of implied by having a bisexual trait (and there was at least one random encounter with a woman wanting to have sex on stage with one of the girls) but it seems that when you have the list of actions at the end of the day, at least a few should be women requesting these actions. :)

6. I don't know much about anime, so I tend to download the western cartoon characters. I know those are separate from the game, but I thought I'd mention that. I did do a few of my own additions of some characters and uploaded them a while ago, but I hope others will add more (or take mine and add to them and label them better).

In any event, this is an enjoyable game that is fun with repeated run-throughs, which places it with the best games here.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

The_Butcher

Genius allowing us to make our own "Girl Packs" for unlimited replayability! The story damn good, better than most AAA games in last 10 yrs. Humor top notch! Clever humor up there with "Princess Trainer" - by Akabur. Making girl packs is a new hobby I didn't know I had! Oh the lewdness meter very high and realistic (you gotta work for it).(y) - thank you Dev
  17. 2.00 star(s)

AnonymousNihilist

Very boring game, the UI is clunky and because of all the different girl packs the game feels like an amalgam of different art styles and lacks continuity. The story wasn't anything impressive either.

Overall felt like a (severely) downgraded version of Monster Girl Club Bifrost. Would not recommend.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

KL-001-A

(TL;DR: good for a v0.2 game, but is still clearly a v0.2 game. Definitely worth a try if you like these brothel sim / Slave Maker games.)

The plot is absolutely unnecessary, it's just a kinda dumb hodgepodge of stuff I don't particularly care about, like throwing "your mom" jokes at some guy or talking about debts to an "ugly bastard"-looking dude.

The game itself is fine, it's another one of those "Slave Maker" games (Slave Trainer? IDK, I used to play a lot of Slave Maker in particular), but the base game itself doesn't have any girls built-in, (EDIT: though there is an official girl pack you can download) so you have to go through the trouble of poking through the list of girl lists people have made, some bad, some good; I kinda wish the game had some ultra-basic, generic girls built-in instead of having to rely on modpacks made of popular characters from videogames and anime, where the art varies wildly in quality.
    Also having girls with some of their perks pre-unlocked is a bit annoying since they tend to get perks unlocked that they don't need that bad, but that's more of a nitpick.

Definitely 100% needs more dev time, though, everything feels a bit half-baked so far, and there's not a lot of girl mods that have anything particularly mindblowing yet.

Honestly I'd give it closer to 3.5 stars for now, but I'm rounding up because I like the general idea of where it's going
  19. 5.00 star(s)

__neronero

Spiritual successor to SlaveMaker. Built on top of RenPy, but unlike any other RenPy game you've ever played.

+ Gameplay is very addictive and time consuming
    + High replay value with over 1400 girls to seduce, enslave and train
    + Active community is constantly adding new girls to play with
    + Broad appeal, difficulty freely adjustable from casual sandbox sim to unforgiving grindfest (it leans towards the former on default difficulty)

- Installation process can be a bit cumbersome compared to other games, since it involves downloading girl packs
    - Development is slow (but steady)
    - Story is incomplete

This game has been in development for nearly 5 years, but the pace of development might not be what you're used to. This is especially unfortunate for the story. While it is a compelling part of the game, story updates are so few and far between that it would take at least another 5 years of development to complete.

That being said, the gameplay loop is really enjoyable and the constant addition of new girlpacks by the community add an immense amount of replay value.

Being able to play with your favorite characters is the real killer feature of these types of games, and Brothel King's stellar collection of girlpacks is second to none and still growing steadily.

I eagerly look forward to another 5 years of development!

Disclaimer: I've been playing this game since 2019 and am actively involved in its community.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Knownot Mr

Addicting Brothel Managament games,though its still story lacking,plenty of content available that would made u occupied in managing the brothel. Keep the development in good way and add more girl pack for the developer.