Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

phlore101

Jun 28, 2017
Interesting. You didn't use 'Marked' girls much, then?

There are some changes, but they never got released. I want to say that if you liked Bonanza, try my other mod, but that one is also kind of in a coma ATM. :cry:
Don't think I have ever used a girl with Marked. Now that you mention it, there have been a few traits that were a little strange like Anal Slut which gives +0 to Customer Satisfaction. The positives outweigh the negatives though so I've just run with it.

Edit: Sorry, I did try reading and searching a bit as I'm pretty sure I read something about your other mod but I can't seem to find where I read about it. What is it and where can I try it out?

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Now that you mention it, there have been a few traits that were a little strange like Anal Slut which gives +0 to Customer Satisfaction.
That was probably because her potential reduced the effect (the flame/red blob thingy).

...about your other mod but I can't seem to find where I read about it. What is it and where can I try it out?
Click on my profile and look at my posting history. Most of my posts here are in that mod's thread.

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
I don't know about kidnapping. Strec's mod was pretty much a cheat as far as I recall, and my own attempt at kidnapping went through a lot of fiddling and when I once offered to try to make a mod of it, no one took an interest.
In Goldo we trust! Although to me this feels like a "maybe 5 years from now" idea (the quote below is over 2 years old already)
Goldo said:
Jman said:
Maybe retain the 'slaver' option for evil dudes? Their relative lack of distinct gameplay elements has been a topic at times. All who go down that path become evil fast, and suffer whatever fate you've decided on for them in the later chapters...
Yeah, that's the idea. In the long run, seducing free girl will be one way to get them (the soft one), but kidnapping them as an evil player should be an option too. Then you can actually take them as full-on slaves, but it'll cost something (gold/AP for breaking them). Not coming soon, though.

You didn't have trouble with all the bugs in the old Trait King? Like the one where getting new traits disables your night event display, a missing key for an improvable negative trait, probably more?
I think the user-made "fix" version of trait king currently in circulation is only the trait_king.rpy file without all the other rpy-files. I'm assuming the actual traits do work (apart from changing valuation) but most other features are stripped out, including their bugs probably.

Last edited:

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
(y) You can still buy cheap slaves and do it with them, but it's not quite the same.
Yeah kinda, but its a huge timesink and those girls can make much more money by being in the brothel. Seducing girls was a quick way to some fast influxes of money if need be. as long as you had their favorite flower (100g)

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
I also had one of those bad months. I don't what the exact penalties were but they were taking away like 300 or 400 a night.
Dnt see how, the option to moving into a new "chapter" isnt available.. its stuck on overcoming the Kunoichi.

View attachment 1452536
Just go to the jail area again meet Haruka the 3rd time. Fail and you will have the option to meet an old geezer. You need to send him a girl with 75 charm, body, beauty, and refinement (same girl and dont worry you dont lose her). After that you can advance to the next chapter.

Reactions: Eponymous_01

kaakan

Jun 6, 2017
Game throws an exception at startup? Deleted everything and redownloaded but nothing.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 309, in script call
    call expression "before_main_menu"
  File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 94, in script
    if not persistent.girl_mix["default"]:
  File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 94, in <module>
KeyError: u'default'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 309, in script call
    call expression "before_main_menu"
  File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 94, in script
  File "D:\Downloads D\Brothel_King-0.2_test2\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1832, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "D:\Downloads D\Brothel_King-0.2_test2\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "D:\Downloads D\Brothel_King-0.2_test2\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 94, in <module>
KeyError: u'default'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Brothel King 0.2
Thu Oct 14 17:55:13 2021

Evergrey

Aug 7, 2016
i havent played in a long time, is there an advantage to playing as an evil character yet?? or is being the good guy still the way to go?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
i havent played in a long time, is there an advantage to playing as an evil character yet??
I don't recall there being much of a difference, really. Maybe I'm mistaken, I haven't actually seriously played vanilla since 0.14. The biggest difference is probably still that free girls are harder to woo when you're evil.

If you need evil in your BK, I'm afraid the only real answer is Bonanza, since Strec's mods most likely no longer work. And playing Bonanza for any one single feature is like buying an APC to go shopping: you will get there very nicely and safely, but will also bring so much heat on your head you'd rather not have.

Evergrey

Aug 7, 2016
I don't recall there being much of a difference, really. Maybe I'm mistaken, I haven't actually seriously played vanilla since 0.14. The biggest difference is probably still that free girls are harder to woo when you're evil.

If you need evil in your BK, I'm afraid the only real answer is Bonanza, since Strec's mods most likely no longer work. And playing Bonanza for any one single feature is like buying an APC to go shopping: you will get there very nicely and safely, but will also bring so much heat on your head you'd rather not have.
being good makes the girls love stat grow faster whilst being evil makes their fear grow faster, all im asking was whether training girls with the fear stat is now viable coz back then i remember there's no positive on training girls using fear

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
It's still the same: there is no fear- or love-specific training except hypnosis. That still scales with whatever emotion you choose, but isn't itself tied to alignment (unlike Bonanza, where mind-bending is inherently evil). So it's kind of 'viable' to train girls with fear and hate or trust and love, and an evil player has an easier time getting fear up. That seems to be it.

Edit: Okay, there are still ignoring begging, forcing girls who refuse, getting into fights with girls, raping as punishment and farming unwilling or unenthusiastic girls. And being an asshole during miscellaneous events. I don't think any of these are terribly 'viable', but they're consequences of your actions, and sometimes a girl just won't do it without a firm guiding hand (on her soft posterior). :devilish:

Last edited:

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
I see that the thread title now refers to v0.2, but the original post in the thread says:

Thread Updated: 2021-10-05
Release Date: 2019-10-20
Developer:
Censorship: Yes (Mosaics)
Version: 0.15b

So I'm confused. Is the download link in the original post now pointing at v0.2 or is it still pointing at v0.15b?

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes