Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

goldo00

Aug 9, 2019
Hotfix out for xelayna's issue (link in sig).

I don't think it's really worth all the effort to try and prevent save-scumming honestly, at least not by finding ways of punishing the behavior. Instead, why not put in additional gameplay methods for a player to achieve the desired result that they're save-scumming to get in the first place and maybe a small reward for doing so?
Yeah but:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

satamfan

Jul 19, 2017
First of all, fun game. I've been enjoying it. The ability to easily mix in different girl packs is very nice.
Secondly, I'm running into an issue after the first night of chapter three, where some event are crashing the game.
Any recommendations?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Extract to 'game', overwrite. If no overwrite, something is screwed.

If you've messed with the scripts yourself... Normally, people would tell you to delete .rpyc files. But I think right now you can just run the game and press shift+R.

If still no dice, check that you have the updated base 0.2.

Reactions: __neronero

goldo00

Aug 9, 2019
I think deleting .rpyc files is generally unnecessary outside of some really fringe cases... I see it recommended a lot, but I can only remember maybe once or twice when it was the actual issue, in years.

On our spoiler-y discussion:

I'll be taking a couple of weeks off with limited Internet access. In the increasingly unlikely scenario when the HHS forum is back up and running, I might see you there in May...

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Same here. I also got 'connection refused' for a little while before that.

It might signify some activity. Then again, it could just be more bits of the site's setup breaking down and expiring.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Chrome tells me that current HHS site uses HSTS, a forced https: protocol, but " the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials."

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Last edited:
Reactions: Torinir

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
First of all, fun game. I've been enjoying it. The ability to easily mix in different girl packs is very nice.
Secondly, I'm running into an issue after the first night of chapter three, where some event are crashing the game.
Any recommendations?
I can verify you need to download the (v 0.2 release), followed by
Best done in new folder to avoid recompile problems; new game required.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
I think deleting .rpyc files is generally unnecessary outside of some really fringe cases... I see it recommended a lot, but I can only remember maybe once or twice when it was the actual issue, in years.
Deleting *.rpyc is usually most necessary after a new user tries to run a game before downloading and installing the latest patch, resulting in compiled files that seem later than new source files from patch.

I've seen it over 5 times in last 3 months.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018

I'll be taking a couple of weeks off with limited Internet access. In the increasingly unlikely scenario when the HHS forum is back up and running, I might see you there in May...
Can we shut down the " " v0.15b for you?

Torinir

Jun 12, 2017
The HHS server must have had to be DFFR'd. The main domain just points to a generic "your new server is ready to use" message after you get past that error in Firefox.

Chrome tells me that current HHS site uses HSTS, a forced https: protocol, but " the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials."

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes