Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Sopher

Jul 2, 2022
The ignore list works like you think except it requires a software restart to take effect (so basically it will affect your next game session). This is because of how Ren'Py caches pictures. Also, some pictures update every game day so you need to skip one day to make certain pictures (e.g. profile pictures) go away. Finally, it was not working properly until a recent patch so make sure you have .

Cheers for the insight. Had tried restarting too but now I now believe my own Game Settings were causing the issues - the option "Choose what to do when a girlpack has a low picture variety on a given tag (less than 4)" was set to "Only use girl pack pictures".
When toggling this to "Mix" I no longer saw the ignored images, though I did see mainly default. The girl I was testing this on only had 2 waitress photos, so I'm guessing the aforementioned setting overrides the ignored list if there are less than 4 images now available.

When trying on a girl with 7 waitress picks, keeping the "Only use girl pack pictures" and ignoring 1 (still providing 6 options) does remove said ignored pic from rotation.

maxchang1990

Aug 4, 2022
Great game, just few question i would like to ask:
1. Games gets laggy in last chapter, especially when u get over 45 girls, is there any way to fix it? (cpu and memory usage are low)
2. Is it possible to reset perks point?
3. How to get character trait? (+1 strength, stamina, etc), are trigger from random events?
4. Is it possible to laid merchant (beside the farmer)
5. When you train your girl in farm, is there any difference between train by human/animal/machine?

WarblGarbl

Oct 10, 2017
3. How to get character trait? (+1 strength, stamina, etc), are trigger from random events?
4. Is it possible to laid merchant (beside the farmer)
5. When you train your girl in farm, is there any difference between train by human/animal/machine?
I don't know about the first two questions but I can answer others.

3. Those come from leveling up your character. Your character's exp is "Prestige" which you get from banging chicks or having your girls work as whores. The higher rank the girl, the more prestige. When you level up, you should also be able to put a point in any stat of your choice. (Strength, Int, Charisma, Speed).

The specific upgrades you get are dependent on what class you chose at the start (either warrior, mage, or rogue). You'll also unlock more unique traits related to the class, like the mage's spells or the rogue's love gain increases.

4. Without spoilers, you can have events with the main shopkeeper and the stallion woman. I think it's just those girls who get stuff but I might be wrong.

5. Girl's have a specific weakness to one of the 4 types of creatures in the farm (stallion, beast, monster, machine). If you train her with her weakness, I believe she trains faster but generates more fear. She might also be less willing to do the training.

Your farm creatures can also level up, so higher level ones will do the job better. I don't really know how significant them levelling up is, I just stick with weakness when I can.

Reactions: maxchang1990

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
1. Games gets laggy in last chapter, especially when u get over 45 girls, is there any way to fix it? (cpu and memory usage are low)
2. Is it possible to reset perks point?
1. I see you moded the number of girls u can have (or is a feature of NG+ i dont know. Didnt played it in a while). But so far there is no real solution for the lag. Some players already suffer from the lag from 12+ girls onwards. There is a code in of the rpy what helps a little. The other thing is changing the rendering from auto to one of the two options.
You can change wich renderer the game uses by holding down the shift button at startup.

2. Once spent and you confirmed it no. So it's better if you make atleast a quick save before you choose and you dont like it.

Reactions: maxchang1990

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
There's an evil card you can draw at the farm which should reset perk points of a girl; I've seen it once or twice but didn't try it yet.

Jun 17, 2018
is a list of active mod's. neronero is updating the list if something is not working on it or outdated.
I'm sorry I haven't been clear I was asking about version 0.3 which I guess is officially not yet released here, I found it mentioned in someones comment. But it appears the the kings way mod even the latest version still isn't adapted to it. So I take it there is no alternative cheat.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
i caught this magic girl named Jufio Refuto .... after she tried to attack my brothel with some creatures that looked like M&M's :LOL:
so far she's making a decent prostitute ;)

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Can't remember about a specific guide for BK, but here's a list of coomon things you can modify:

MC.gold += xxxx (add gold)
MC.prestige += xxxx (fast levelup)

after you select a girl (interact, levelup, items):
girl.level_up (increase 1 level)
girl.xp += x (but must wait for levelup)
girl.rank += x (fast rankup)
girl.perk_points += x (add perks)
girl.upgrade_points += x

There's also a way to increase the numbero of rooms in the brothel but I strongly recommend you to do it changing .rpy files (look for an array of rooms availables for each brothel level, you can set a bigger amount).

Reactions: mbRjpZLD

MarshallMorgan

Aug 18, 2024
There's also a way to increase the numbero of rooms in the brothel but I strongly recommend you to do it changing .rpy files (look for an array of rooms availables for each brothel level, you can set a bigger amount).
This is also how I do it, editing the BKsettings.rpy, per the answer in the FAQ thread on the BK forum (linked to in the original post as the developer's website):

Q: Is there a way to increase the maximum number of girls (brothel capacity) over 32?
(max bedrooms, max girls, max rooms, brothel size)

A: To increase in new games, you would change this line in BKsettings.rpy with a simple text editor (not word processor). Would have to re-do change after most new patches:
bro_capacity = {1 : [1, 4], 2 : [4, 8], 3: [8, 12], 4 : [12, 16], 5 : [16, 20], 6 : [20, 24], 7 : [24, 32]}
(recompiles on running game).

To increase in a continuing game, you would enter the Console by shift-o, set this variable (or part of it) to a new value, then Esc to exit Console, & save game.

Note these values have meanings like: "2:[4,8]" -- in brothel 2, minimum girl capacity 4, max 8.

So if you just need to expand final brothel capacity, you could Console "bro_capacity[7] = [24,100]" or whatever upper limit instead of 100. Similar edit of "24,32" to "24,100" in BKsettings.rpy for new game.

Reactions: initiated
4.60 star(s) 44 Votes