Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Tidalbore

Dec 31, 2017
Encountered an error on latest experimental patch- attached the traceback.txt file, for short summary, the actual error it gives is for BKfunctions.rpy for line 735 (line in question seems to be "in crazy_customer if brothel.get_security() > log.threat: # Your guards on duty are ready to help"), with the error in question being "AttributeError: 'Log' object has no attribute 'threat'

I applied the latest experimental patch to a default .14 build, with no mods at all, for the record

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
@Tidalbore thanks, the bug has been reported; until a fix will be released you can skip the error by pressing "ignore", but beware that sometimes this will create a loss of gold because part of the girls (if not all of them) won't result working/whoring and you won't earn their gains; you can fix this issue by adding gold with the cheats.

D

Deleted member 215070

Hey, i have 3 questions about gameplay.

1. How long is this game?

I just finished 1st chapter in few hours and it was pretty easy. Is it harder later? I mean in ch2 i need to get 5k gold and finish story, but i alredy have this amount of gold made by only 2 girls.

I wonder if I should slow down to enjoy this game more cuz it's really awesome.

2. How much content i missed by not talking to random characters that appers in various places?

3. Are there side quests in chapters or just main story?

Tidalbore

Dec 31, 2017
Hey, i have 3 questions about gameplay.

1. How long is this game?

I just finished 1st chapter in few hours and it was pretty easy. Is it harder later? I mean in ch2 i need to get 5k gold and finish story, but i alredy have this amount of gold made by only 2 girls.

I wonder if I should slow down to enjoy this game more cuz it's really awesome.

2. How much content i missed by not talking to random characters that appers in various places?

3. Are there side quests in chapters or just main story?
1: so far, the only chapter to have proper story attached for getting to the next rank is chapter 1, keep in mind for next chapter in addition to the gold you need 4 girls at B rank- other than that, it's just management and whatever interactions you choose to trigger- the past few updates have been about polishing up the game concepts and mechanics (and adding a few new ones) more than straight additions to the main story arc, to make sure the game runs smoothly and doesn't get too monotonous

2: Depends on what you mean by "random characters"- if you mean the free girls roaming the cities, technically nothing, though it tends to be easier to find girls with their true name roaming the city instead of in the slave market should you care about that. If you mean the random encounters from wandering the city, those are mostly just extra fun and potential risk/reward scenarios, except for a few specific encounters which leads into question 3

3: there are currently 2 things that you could call side quests in game (I tend to), which relate to extra content you can unlock through wandering the city- the Farm and the Smith. The farm quest grants you access to the farm, which gives you some additional space where you can store/train girls, but they cannot work from the farm. There are also a few vendors for farm "staff" that you can find after the farm is unlocked by looking in the right areas. Secondly, there is the Smith, which requires you to be in chapter 2 to access, and unlocks the ability to use materials you harvest/mine/buy to get permanent improvements to your brothel, that stay with you as you move chapters. The material gathering spots are scatter throughout the city in areas that unlock in chapter 2 and onward, along with a market where you can buy/sell/trade materials. The only other special thing that unlocks later on is the bank in chapter 4 onward, where you can take out loans, but there currently is no true quest involved with it (unless you count them showing up if you go into negative money to offer a loan, and the game over for not paying back said loans)

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
There is also one sidestory with Satella and one with Renza. You need to be a Shalia worshipper for the full experience in the first case and for Renza you need to still be in her good graces.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
A few more infos:

Satella story requires MC to be a Shalia follower - that's right! And why should we worship such a boring deity as Arios after all? ;-)

There are 2 ways to see Renza special event: at the end of chapter one you can either
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Chapter 2 storyline will be available with 0.20 update; Goldo is working on it since a while, along with the next 0.15 update which will focus on gameplay and graphical improvements. 0.15 is, for now, the experimental patch, constatly evolving thanks to the contribution of many players who are adding their experience and ideas. So, expect 0.15 as game functions update only, followed by 0.20 which will be full content focused.

EvilPenguin

Apr 6, 2018
About the experimental patch. Is the main difference that threat generation got toned down? And if a girl gets attacked her max stat can change? Or is there something else I didn't see yet?

Also, after sending a girl away in the "postings" section the image freezes on the sended quest.

And is there a discord for this game or only the sub forum on hentaihighschool?

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Well, I proposed for a discord channel between Goldo and me for sharing stuff I was making and getting what was needed to test (at that time there were Satella and Kosmo events under checking), but not yet an official channel. Honestly I'd like the idea, but don't have much time to manage it all time, same for Goldo himself: our RL keep us away most of the time, so what little left we spend for making things for BK. If someone wish to help me managing the channel, I'd be glad to make one.

The experimental patch so far introduced a lot of new game changes, such as the balanced threat/security, some perks changes, a few new graphics (thanks to OhWee for them), and so on. Probably it won't take much long before it will be released as 0.15 official update.

If I remember correctly, girls stats can't be lost, neither after an attack when the girl gets hurt, but it's better to ask Goldo about that, just to be sure.

Guys don't forget to also check the thread about mods and girl packs for BK, there are many new girls waiting for you! Look at the link in my signature for a direct click-and-go ;-)

EvilPenguin

Apr 6, 2018
If I remember correctly, girls stats can't be lost, neither after an attack when the girl gets hurt, but it's better to ask Goldo about that, just to be sure.
I did some save/load before with high threat and girls can get attacked with a poison dagger. The after attack text said: Girl X got her max libido increased by 9 or on a diffrent load Girl Y got scarred and lost 15 points of max refinement (my bad becuase i didn't check the stats before and after) also the girl get hurt for a certain amount of days. But if the stat change is real, I would suggest adding that info in traits or in the notebook.

How can you heal your farm monsters? In the help section Gizel presents the minions but nothing about healing.
EDIT: Found the healing powder.

attached
- a screenshot of a girl that came back from farm - she was set up to train util interested in all sex act. Is this correct?
- error file

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
The error in the traceback is already known and reported, in most cases it's enough to click on ignore and go on with the game but pay attention if some girls don't get their earnings because this issue sometimes causes such a problem; until it is fixed, just use cheats to get the gold it steals from you.

Since that error is present in the latest experimental patch I guess you're using it, and the other issues are related to that. I'm going to report everything onHHS forum, meanwhile looking for a solution by myself as usual.

About the attacks which make girls lose stat points permanently: I found the code and yes, it may happen, if the girl is hurt during an aggression with a poisoned weapon. But this happens only if all the security system fail: guards, your presence during the aggression, girl is not a caster and doesn't have a magic shield provided by herself (or by you if you're a wizard), girl has not a weapon or doesn't have enough defense points. I also noticed that before the aggressions, there are some night events which alert MC of the incoming danger, like a hooded figure in shadows, people mumbling of oddities, etc.
Don't forget to prioritize security furnitures to be built in the wagon and don't avance in chapters until you completed everything you can build there. I also would wait to progress until girls don't have each a defensive weapon, just to be sure...

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Guys, I've fixed a couple of errors found in this latest experimental patch version. The errors are:

- AttributeError: 'Log' object has no attribute 'threat'

Solution: open BKfunctions.rpy, find this line of code:
Code:
if brothel.get_security() > log.threat:
and change it in this way:
Code:
if brothel.get_security() > brothel.threat:
- Missing current goal update in brothel and character screens after end of chapter 1

Solution: open BKscreens.rpy, find the two lines of code containing this:
Code:
text "{b}Current goal{/b}\n{i}{size=-2}" + game.task [...]
change both in this way:
Code:
text "{b}Current goal{/b}\n{i}{size=-2}" + game.get_goal_description() [...]
Don't forget to save the files after you modify them; no need to restart a new game.

Reactions: 1163342493

ordos

Aug 21, 2018
2 girls got trait in mood "she has rivals". Is there some way to get rid of it, besides selling one of them?

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Interact with them and talk about how they get along with other girls: when they complain the other girl is a bitch, order them to stop having a grudge between them. Do it more than once until one of them finally gives up and the fight ends.

Reactions: ordos

Tidalbore

Dec 31, 2017
So the game hasn't seen an update since September? Is the project still alive, or on hiatus?
The last version update was in September, there have been several experimental patches since, where they have been trying to work bugs out before rolling out the changes wholesale for the .15 update. Furthermore, people are constantly releasing new girl packs regardless of the status of the next update, so there is a constant influx of new girls you can choose to add. There is a section of the HHS forum dedicated to pack releases, as well as a second thread here where Kite80 tends to announce new packs:

Reactions: 77outlaw77

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
If we consider the experimental patch as an ongoing update, then the latest update was 3-4 weeks ago, considering xmas holidays took time away from developing. Ex-patch has not been officialized yet because it's changing a lot of things in game mechanics, so Goldo (the only dev of the game) and us few helpers are still working on it. It won't take log before it will be released as 0.15 update, don't worry, and you will notice a lot of new features.

And here's the latest experimental patch:

Remember to start a new game, older saves could bring errors.

ordos

Aug 21, 2018
Interact with them and talk about how they get along with other girls: when they complain the other girl is a bitch, order them to stop having a grudge between them. Do it more than once until one of them finally gives up and the fight ends.
Thanks for reply. useful and informative!

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Those of you who got the latest experimental patch may have noticed a few problems; one of them is the love cap of free girls, not raising above 25 anymore. Here's how to fix it.

Open BKgirlclass.rpy and find the following code line:

Code:
self.love += get_change_min_max(self.love, change, self.rank*-25, self.rank*25)
- add a comment tag like this:

Code:
# self.love += get_change_min_max(self.love, change, self.rank*-25, self.rank*25)
- delete the '#' from the lines below:

Code:
                if -100 <= (self.love + change) <= 100:
                    self.love += change
                elif (self.love + change) < -100:
                    change = -100 - self.love
                    self.love = -100
                elif (self.love + change) > 100:
                    change = 100 - self.love
                    self.love = 100
save the changes and reload the game.

Also here's how to fix the only one quest issue:

- open BKfunctions.rpy

- find this line of code:
Code:
quest_nb = 1 #!
- replace it completely with this:
Code:
quest_nb = 2 + dice(6)
save the changes and reload the game

If you have encountered any other issue please report it here so that we can find a solution.

Reactions: Drafox

shaikan

Jan 11, 2019
Hey guys, new here. Got an error I'd like to report and not sure how to format it.
Hopefully this helps. If anyone knows how to solve it, I'm all ears!

Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 896, in script
    python:
  File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 902, in <module>
    calendar.newday()
  File "game/BKclasses.rpy", line 1782, in newday
    self.updates()
  File "game/BKclasses.rpy", line 1787, in updates
    weekly_updates()
  File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 1905, in weekly_updates
    update_free_girls()
  File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 268, in update_free_girls
    game.free_girls += get_girls(nb - len(game.free_girls), free=True)
  File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 167, in get_girls
    girl.randomize(free, traits, perks)
  File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 195, in randomize
    self.set_preferences()
  File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 2382, in set_preferences
    self.pos_fixations = [fix_dict[fix] for fix in self.init_dict["sexual preferences/always_fixations"]]
KeyError: 'bisexual'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 896, in script
    python:
  File "D:\RP SHIT\V20 - Vampire\New Folder\Brothel_King-014\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\RP SHIT\V20 - Vampire\New Folder\Brothel_King-014\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/BKendday.rpy", line 902, in <module>
    calendar.newday()
  File "game/BKclasses.rpy", line 1782, in newday
    self.updates()
  File "game/BKclasses.rpy", line 1787, in updates
    weekly_updates()
  File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 1905, in weekly_updates
    update_free_girls()
  File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 268, in update_free_girls
    game.free_girls += get_girls(nb - len(game.free_girls), free=True)
  File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 167, in get_girls
    girl.randomize(free, traits, perks)
  File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 195, in randomize
    self.set_preferences()
  File "game/BKgirlclass.rpy", line 2382, in set_preferences
    self.pos_fixations = [fix_dict[fix] for fix in self.init_dict["sexual preferences/always_fixations"]]
KeyError: 'bisexual'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Brothel King 0.14
Wed Jan 23 12:33:27 2019
[/CODE]

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
You got the infamous girl pack with wrong BK.ini, so open Kuga Natsuki folder and delete that file (BK.ini)

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes