Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
The issue is that now I can't pass to the next level - Upgrade brothel with the 5k. Given that the ''Meet with earth Kunoichi'' quest is above the next level quest
So meet with her, already.
Story goals/elements will sometimes interact with (block) chapter goals. That may not be obvious, with only 2 chapters of plot.

What is your version number? Do you know if you are using "v 0.2 Release" base code, or prior "v 0.2 Test"?

See FAQ for Kunoichi quest interaction with progression to ch 3, & how to tell if using old base code.

Last edited:

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
So i tried installing the update patch by extracting it into the games folder but after i try running the game the following error keeps showing:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Next time please include entire traceback.txt in spoiler, as it usually but not always includes version number.

The function res_font() is included in BKfunctions.rpy with init level -3, so that should be available at this stage to my understanding.

Your game/BKfunctions.rpy file should have a modified date of about May 6, 2022.
If that is correct, you may have "compile date confusion" due to trying to run the game BEFORE installing update patch. Cure is to delete all "game/*.rpyc" files and run game, which will recompile. See FAQ.

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
Having issues with meeting the earth Kunoichi yet again and it's not letting me advance to the next chapter since I already have over 5k gold
The issue is that now I can't pass to the next level - Upgrade brothel with the 5k. Given that the ''Meet with earth Kunoichi'' quest is above the next level quest
Simply put. You need to go ninja hunting 3 TIMES FOR ALL 3 OF THEM. The first time the place was fixed where you find it 2nd and 3rd time are random place in the same district where you found them. (1st pic). Just click on the HUNT NINJA button (2nd pic) and you will see a mini event where you found the ninja. (3rd pic). For the FIRST 2 HUNT FOR EACH NINJA you can use the Makibishi what you can buy in the shop for 500 GOLD (4th and 5th pic). For the 3rd time let the timer go to zero it's unwinable either way. After that visit Papa Freak (6th pic) send him a girl with 50 CHARM, BEAUTY, BODY AND REFINMENT (1 GIRL NEED TO HAVE IT). And YAAAAAY you can advance to any chapter onward.

Edit: Papa Freak location change depending wich of the 2 district you have choosen.

Last edited:

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
Thank you for your sacrifice Sangera :ROFLMAO: I patched the Trait King files so it won't happen in the future. (same download link)
I wish your lucky girl all the very best during her multi-month gangbang tour. She'll go down in Trait King history as one of the greats, unfortunately for you.
Nero can you include your Trait king mod in your sig too?

Reactions: __neronero

Ullysse

Jun 26, 2017
The following information could be useful to diagnose the problem:

- Do you get the message "The customer spent all of his budget on [girl]"? Do you get it very frequently? If not, it could be a coincidence that her performance was worth exactly the customer's (irrelevant because of Elite) max budget
- When she rolls a 6, or when ANY girl rolls a 6, do you ever get the message "The customer went over his budget on [girl] (+XXX gold)" If you never see it, not even on other girls, then perhaps your girls are simply not meeting the customer's expectations.

To elaborate on Elite a bit more:
Normally when any girl rolls a 6 on her performance, the same "ignore budgets" effect is automatically applied. The benefit of having "Elite" is that it also applies that effect when she rolls 1-5. But naturally a lower roll like that will mean a worse performance and thus a lower tip, so to actually reap the benefits of her trait frequently your Elite girl would have to be at least slightly overqualified compared to what the customer was expecting. In other words, I wouldn't expect "Elite" to make much of an impact when you've just started a new game.
Thanks for your detailed response, but as Jman9 said, it seems that Elite trait doesn't work.

Reactions: __neronero

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
Thanks for your detailed response, but as Jman9 said, it seems that Elite trait doesn't work.
Right you are!

Edit: Actually, scratch that. I'm still a bit confused about this one. If this was the problem then all girls would be ignoring budget caps.

I understand now, the problem is with the trait itself not specifying "1"
Code:
                        Trait("Elite", verb="be", eff1=Effect("special", "ignore budgets"), archetype="The Courtesan"),
Should be
Code:
                        Trait("Elite", verb="be", eff1=Effect("special", "ignore budgets", 1), archetype="The Courtesan"),
Sadly changing that in BKtraits won't fix ongoing games.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Ullysse and Jman9

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Code:
            if not ignore_budget or ignore_budget == 0:
That will just make everyone ignore the budget caps.

Edit: The simplest way to fix this is to change all 'special' effects to have a value of 1 if they don't have any. Possibly even simpler to default any 'special' effect's 'value' to 1 if not set upon creating the effect (which will also prevent future mishaps like that). Both are quite simple to do.

The problem is that this will not affect ongoing saves. So you need to switch out the effects in the trait database and any trait instances already present on girls. Both can be done through various ways, like using the console, a special function or label written for that purpose, or even using 'after_load'. I'm not sure it's really worth it over just fixing the effects and saying 'start a new game', from a dev perspective that is.

Last edited:

DeCa33

May 16, 2018
not sure if it'll help at all but I "fixed" my city event error issue by copying the previous patches related rpy files over the new patched that dropped a couple days ago and it's been working fine for me. will inform you all if I somehow caused the game to crash and burn in some other way because of this.

Reactions: DougTheC

technojaguar

Jan 5, 2020
not sure if it'll help at all but I "fixed" my city event error issue by copying the previous patches related rpy files over the new patched that dropped a couple days ago and it's been working fine for me. will inform you all if I somehow caused the game to crash and burn in some other way because of this.

Hey, could you show where that one is? I am also having that issue.

"Edit"

alright I seemed to have fixed it.

Last edited:

DeCa33

May 16, 2018
basically what I did was look for the rpy files that were showing errors in the latest patch with the files from the previous patch. like the Bkevents.rpy, the Bkscreens.rpy, and I forget what else I copied over sorry.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Hey, could you show where that one is? I am also having that issue.

"Edit"

alright I seemed to have fixed it.
basically what I did was look for the rpy files that were showing errors in the latest patch with the files from the previous patch. like the Bkevents.rpy, the Bkscreens.rpy, and I forget what else I copied over sorry.
In this case, I would recommend copying over ALL the .rpy files from the "game" folder of the previous patch to your installed "game" folder, deleting all the "game/*.rpyc" files, and running the game to recompile.

I checked, and the only later-patch game-folder .rpy file not overwritten would be BKitems.rpy, whose changes are non-complicating.

Here is a link to update patch v0.2 220416, which I am pretty sure is the patch prior to 220506.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
...deleting all the "game/*.rpyc" files, and running the game to recompile.
I would recommend running the game and pressing shift+R instead. Recompiling from scratch can cause issues with saves, since recompiling makes use of old .rpyc files these saves are based on.

Although, to be fair, I think Brothel King is far more immune to these than most Ren'Py games.

Umgah

Sep 26, 2016
Is the site even working? :unsure: I dont get an activation email from there after registering.
Well, actually it wasn't supposed to be published anywhere yet. Especially with temporary domain name.
The updated address is here:
Ping me if there still issues with mails.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jman9

ripleysonic

Jan 5, 2019
Is there a Console command to give yourself specific items. And yes I know about the (cheat/items/get item/One word of that items name) doesn't actually work for everything, examples being the little ninja spike traps/ the Thunder hammer or whatever it's called are a couple items that you can't get through that method, so if you accidentally delete them they're gone unless there's a console command to get them back and that's what I'm asking about. Also is it possible with console command to get multiple items in one go like wyvern eggs?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Is there a Console command to give yourself specific items.
Several. E.g.
Code:
MC.items.append(copy.deepcopy(item_dict["Small  dog collar"]))

Note the double space. To get certain special items that are not covered by 'item_dict', use
Code:
MC.items.append(makibishi)

Also is it possible with console command to get multiple items in one go like wyvern eggs?
Yes. E.g.
Code:
for x in xrange(2022):
    MC.items.append(copy.deepcopy(item_dict["Wyvern egg"]))

ripleysonic

Jan 5, 2019
Yes. E.g.
Code:
for x in xrange(2022):
    MC.items.append(copy.deepcopy(item_dict["Wyvern egg"]))
First off thank you I lost the blueprint and didn't feel like starting over by the time I realized it. Now back to another question, how does this give you multiple items? I entered it in and it only gives one. Unless I have to enter it in multiple times then it's just going to be annoying but better than the alternative multiple steps process. Or I'm messing up entering it again.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes