Browsing through F95zone overheats my computer

Arrchman

May 16, 2020
Not really a problem that needs solving on F95zone's part (I just need to replace my fan) (sorry if it is in the wrong forum then), but I'd like to know if there's something I can do to prevent overheating when browsing F95zone. It's one of the few sites that I use that manages to heat my computer up that much by just browsing. Does a lightweight client exist?

Last edited:

anotheruser

Sep 1, 2018
I had the same problem on an old Atom-based system. The main problem seemed to be the JavaScript-based animations (icons etc.) and lack of hardware video acceleration on my end.

Using Adblock Plus to filter out the animated things helped quite a lot, but ultimately I just switched to browsing on a more powerful system: The animations use timers, and try to run at the same speed regardless of the client's ability to handle it. Once I switched to a 2.something GHz i5 processor with a relatively modern GPU, the CPU usage for f95 dropped from 100% to around 4%. More RAM may also have helped, the old Atom box had 2GB and often used quite a bit of swap space. The new(ish) $200 machine I'm using at the moment has 8GB.

Reactions: Arrchman