Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Xander's Dream

Soviet_Star

Jun 5, 2018
Hello all,

I've been on this site for a little while and this is my first posting. I hope I have this in the correct thread, if not please let me know as I couldn't seem to find a more fitting place.

Okay, down to brass tacks. I've been a fan of Buffy and Angel the series for a long time and have always wanted an adult based video game in that universe. I've never been able to find one so I thought I might make one. I currently have quite a bit of free time on my hands and went to school for animation, graphic design, and game design and thought I might put them into practice.

The idea is quite simple, Xander Harris will be the protagonist in a dream (Or maybe under influence of a spell) in which similar to season two episode sixteen Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered all the females of Sunnydale will fall in love with him. Can he balance relationships with them all, or hide from the ones he rejects? What will happen if Giles finds out, or the rest of the male population? Could he finally get The Slayer and girl of his dreams... in a three way with Dawn? I think you see where I am going with this.

The reasoning behind the dream aspect is that it allows me to play with the lore a little bit (a.k.a make Buffy and Dawn twins, keep everyone legal, bring everyone back to Sunnydale, and maybe have an organic flow to losing as you can go back to sleep and pick up before you ruined everything.)

I wanted to put this out there and see if there was any interest in a game like this, maybe also get some ideas and suggestions from the community here. Any feedback or input will be greatly appreciated.

Signed.
Советская звезда

Reactions: Netori Popeye

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Sounds like it may be a good idea for a game though i never watched Buffy.
I think it would be better to do a different type of Vampire game.
The main thing most of us look for is great art and well written. If you can make a game that is well written and good art with Animation would be better but not a deal breaker then people may play it. If you are in it for the money i have bad news and good news the bad is most creators never make it. The good news is you can make it if you do as said good art and story along with a lot of luck getting people aware of the game also most people do not donate til you have proven that you are in it for the long haul and not just to make a quick buck aka dollar.

Dparx

Jan 21, 2018
hi soviet_star .

as a reply to your idea.
since i do love the buffyverse.
there are a few slight problems, so yes a spell could work or dreamscene.
but keep in mind that the xander character was there for comic relief.
mostly falling on his ass or or being the punchline of a joke in the TV series.
so get ready to add a lot of humor :) unless you want to continue on the graphic novel route.
but since not all series fans have read those it might throw them off.
you might have a better shot if you used spike.
losing most of his vampire powers to start with but still have some strength and his attitude would make more sense ( to me atleast ) and he had soem fun moments, and more charm than xander.

as for Dawn ,keep in mind she was basicly a construct, the key.
as twin it wouldnt work aswell since there is an age gap.
so adopted sister would be a better wording.
you could however use Faith as a niece or half sister if her dad screwed around ( implement in the story )
or use any of the generation 2 potential slayers.

p.s. im not trying to give you a hard time .
im trying to think along in the hopes it will avoid having any fanbase get angry
and wish you the best with your project :)

Oct 14, 2017
It doesn't have to follow the canon that hard. As a harry potter fan, I was totally not agered by witch trainer for example :p

Here's hoping for lots of naughty depictions of Amy Acker, I mean Winifred.. she um got tired of LA and went to sunnydale to fulfill her long standing dreams of becoming a carpenter. Totally plausible.

Soviet_Star

Jun 5, 2018
Thank you for moving my post, like I said I didn't really know where to put it.

Also thanks Dparx for the reply. I guess I could also have the protagonist be someone like Warren prior to his fate, as the sleaziness would kind of fit his character. Though I doubt that many people would enjoy playing as him.

Xander has also shown that his dreams can go a little in that direction though as his dream in season seven with the potentials showed. Which is kind of why I was thinking the dream route as in BBB Xander already proved that given that power he wouldn't act.

With Spike I just wonder if he'd play the field so to say if given the chance. I mean post-chip he really only has eyes for Buffy, I don't see him pursuing a relationship with, for instance, Willow.

As for money, I really wasn't looking for any Catwashere. Like I said I just have some time and thought I'd keep myself busy, idle hands and all that.

DeMarcus16

Apr 12, 2017
I've never been able to find one
Do you not know about "Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Call of the Siren"?

You might still find it here:
Be AWARE, I am not familiar with this site, so use good judgement.

Version 1.04 was the 'final' version. I know nothing of Buffy, but this game was a blast.

Silver1

Feb 7, 2017
Its been years since i heard anything about Buffy series, im not a fan, but i had fun playing the call of siren in the past, you should check it out, the game itself is based on celebrity fake photos, but its still funny.

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
A game with Buffy as MC should be great but why there are no game developers that want to start the parody one of the best TV series that was released arround the start of this millenium

I think it will be a success.

AnonMonvel

Feb 5, 2022
Hello all,

I've been on this site for a little while and this is my first posting. I hope I have this in the correct thread, if not please let me know as I couldn't seem to find a more fitting place.

Okay, down to brass tacks. I've been a fan of Buffy and Angel the series for a long time and have always wanted an adult based video game in that universe. I've never been able to find one so I thought I might make one. I currently have quite a bit of free time on my hands and went to school for animation, graphic design, and game design and thought I might put them into practice.

The idea is quite simple, Xander Harris will be the protagonist in a dream (Or maybe under influence of a spell) in which similar to season two episode sixteen Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered all the females of Sunnydale will fall in love with him. Can he balance relationships with them all, or hide from the ones he rejects? What will happen if Giles finds out, or the rest of the male population? Could he finally get The Slayer and girl of his dreams... in a three way with Dawn? I think you see where I am going with this.

The reasoning behind the dream aspect is that it allows me to play with the lore a little bit (a.k.a make Buffy and Dawn twins, keep everyone legal, bring everyone back to Sunnydale, and maybe have an organic flow to losing as you can go back to sleep and pick up before you ruined everything.)

I wanted to put this out there and see if there was any interest in a game like this, maybe also get some ideas and suggestions from the community here. Any feedback or input will be greatly appreciated.

Signed.
Советская звезда

Here's a cheap game with that basic premise: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Call of the Siren.