Bug with summertime saga

alpharenji

Jul 5, 2018
I keep getting this and cant progress. And i have no idea how to fix these things

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'backgrounds/location_computer_player_remote_02.jpg'>:
File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/bedroom/bedroom.rpy", line 76, in script call
$ game.main()
File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/bedroom/bedroom.rpy", line 76, in script call
$ game.main()
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 519, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'backgrounds/location_computer_player_remote_02.jpg'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
SummertimeSaga 0.18.6
Fri Jul 05 23:41:21 2019

Last edited:
Reactions: cimibibapa2

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
The game crashes because an image, "backgrounds\location_computer_player_remote_02.jpg", is missing.
Download the game again or go to the SS thread and ask someone to share the missing image.
For a quick fix, just rename any blank image as "location_computer_player_remote_02.jpg" and put it into the right folder.

Reactions: alpharenji

alpharenji

Jul 5, 2018
The game crashes because an image, "backgrounds\location_computer_player_remote_02.jpg", is missing.
Download the game again or go to the SS thread and ask someone to share the missing image.
For a quick fix, just rename any blank image as "location_computer_player_remote_02.jpg" and put it into the right folder.
Thanks but which is the correct folder?

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Thanks but which is the correct folder?
I don't have a copy of the game right now, but it should be something like: "SummertimeSaga-0.18.6-pc\game\images\backgrounds"
See if an image with a similar name already exists, maybe you only have to edit the filename.
See also this post: if you're using a patch, download it again.