Building Environments in Koikatsu?

Nothing Clever

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2021
Hey guys, sorry if this post is in the wrong forum, still kinda getting used to the forum.

Yeah, I'm really moving forward on my first game in terms of development, and the art will be made in Koikatsu. Rather than use the premade environments though, I kinda just went ahead and made my own, to give my game more of a unique setting. I used the assets I just had from what I guess is the Hongfire patch or whatever, and holy crap did it take a long, long time. Anyways, I kind of just wanted to bitch and moan, but I guess I should ask for tips on how y'all make your own environments in Koikatsu? Is there an easier way I should know about for in the future? How long does it take you all? Any other fun stories?

Take care, I hope all is well. :)

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
When going for an indoors environment I usually build it from scratch using the assets available, for outdoor maps there's some full environments included in those downloaded assets. Alternatively you can find various map creators and import their content. For those their assets are made in unity and you have to import them yourself (there's plenty of tutorials for importing assets and it's quite easy).

Nothing Clever

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2021
When going for an indoors environment I usually build it from scratch using the assets available, for outdoor maps there's some full environments included in those downloaded assets. Alternatively you can find various map creators and import their content. For those their assets are made in unity and you have to import them yourself (there's plenty of tutorials for importing assets and it's quite easy).
Lol, that's pretty much my thoughts exactly! Hey, thank you so much for the advice. Is it possible that you could link me to those assets?

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
Lol, that's pretty much my thoughts exactly! Hey, thank you so much for the advice. Is it possible that you could link me to those assets?
The maps for most of the creators I know came pre-packaged with the repack version listed on this site but you can just search koikatsu map creator and find quite a few good ones.