Daz Bulge effect for futa characters in Daz

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
I have a question for anyone who has created futa characters in Daz. I've been trying different methods to create a bulge effect for my characters, but I'm not particularly satisfied with any of them. I've used D-Formers, Fit Control and Mesh grabber to try and create a nice bulge effect. Often the result is acceptable, but I'm hoping to do even better. One thing I've struggled with is having a nice, defined bulge rather than something that just looks like a basic warp effect has been applied to the clothing.

For example, take this render done by artist Steven Carson:
Bulge_1.jpg

You can see that the bulge on the left character is very defined. None of the tools I've used so far could accomplish something like that, or at least, I'm not experienced enough with them to do it. Is it even possible to accomplish something like that from within Daz, or do you need to use external tools, such as Blender?

Here's another example by serge3dx:

Obviously this example is animated, but my goal for the time being is just to produce still images. Regardless, that sort of bulge/stretching effect is exactly what I'm trying to accomplish.
Can it be done with "traditional" tools within Daz, like dformers/fit control/mesh grabber, or do I need to do something more? Any advice is appreciated

KlodowWW

Mar 18, 2019
My method for breast should work the same for bulge, Dforce and meshgrabber. First, in the animation tab you save your "normal" pose at around frame 30 ( Or more if you want a better result ), then on frame 0 you reduce the size of the penis to almost zero. Then you simulate from frame 0 to frame 30. If the clothes are good and the dforce option on it are good it will be nice. You maybe will need to tweak the dforce's option of the clothes and polish some things with meshgrabber.

It will push the penis into the clothe slowly and create the bulge.

English is not my first langage so don't hesitate to tell me if it isn't clear.

Reactions: Dilly_

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
it's properly done by using Marvelous Designer.

Marvelous Designer is mostly for making clothing and making cloths to fit characters

I watched the video and I believe this is exactly what I'm looking for. Guess it's time to learn new software! Thanks for sharing

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
I watched the video and I believe this is exactly what I'm looking for. Guess it's time to learn new software! Thanks for sharing
just let you know that Marvelous Designer is not free you have to pay $50.00 per month to use it

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
My method for breast should work the same for bulge, Dforce and meshgrabber. First, in the animation tab you save your "normal" pose at around frame 30 ( Or more if you want a better result ), then on frame 0 you reduce the size of the penis to almost zero. Then you simulate from frame 0 to frame 30. If the clothes are good and the dforce option on it are good it will be nice. You maybe will need to tweak the dforce's option of the clothes and polish some things with meshgrabber.

It will push the penis into the clothe slowly and create the bulge.

English is not my first langage so don't hesitate to tell me if it isn't clear.
I frequently use this method and it works great for breasts as well as futa scenes involving dforce clothing, as you noted. Though in this case, I was more so wondering how to get static, non-dforce objects to conform to the futalicious genitalia in a way that looks more natural than just pulling at the clothing with mesh grabber or using fit control morphs. As rayminator pointed out, I think the best solution is to use Marvelous Designer.

Last edited:

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
just let you know that Marvelous Designer is not free you have to pay $50.00 per month to use it
Thanks for the heads up. Considering how many tens of hours I've spent toying with mesh grabber and fit control, something like this will probably actually save me money if it means I don't have to spend hours to get a decent result.

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
Psst! Hey, kid. Ever seen a new 50$ bill? Do you like gladiator movies?

https://f95zone.to/threads/marvelous-designer-9-enterprise-5-1-311-44087-win.40885/
Oh nice :D I also found this version here:

Figured I'd test it before buying, if you know what I mean.

Here's the result of my first attempt at creating a bulge morph:
bulgetest.png

It's a bit hard to see but it's only a first attempt.

One thing I noticed is that when I simulate in marvelous designer it loosens the clothing around the character's waist. Also I was hoping for a bit more definition/outline, but I assume from this point on it's just a matter of learning to use MD better. Thanks everyone for the advice.

mrkhing

Khing Orchestra
Game Developer
Feb 20, 2018
A more detailed bulge like the one in the example could be easily accomplished through the sculpting tool in Blender or any 3d sculpting software really (zbrush, mudbox, etc).

Relevant tutorial:

Reactions: Dilly_

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
A more detailed bulge like the one in the example could be easily accomplished through the sculpting tool in Blender or any 3d sculpting software really (zbrush, mudbox, etc).

Relevant tutorial:
Experimented with this and it does seem promising. One thing I noticed, it's much harder to create a nice bulge effect with clothing exported in the base resolution. Due to less polygons, the mesh will quickly become distorted and jagged with too much sculpting of a certain area. If I export in high resolution this problem is eliminated, but then you can't import it back into Daz as a morph because of the changed geometry. Now I'm wondering if there's a way to somehow export clothing in high resolution, make the edits, then re-fit the clothing back to my character in Daz.

mrkhing

Khing Orchestra
Game Developer
Feb 20, 2018
Experimented with this and it does seem promising. One thing I noticed, it's much harder to create a nice bulge effect with clothing exported in the base resolution. Due to less polygons, the mesh will quickly become distorted and jagged with too much sculpting of a certain area. If I export in high resolution this problem is eliminated, but then you can't import it back into Daz as a morph because of the changed geometry. Now I'm wondering if there's a way to somehow export clothing in high resolution, make the edits, then re-fit the clothing back to my character in Daz.
Not 100% sure this would work. Instead of exporting or importing in high resolution, you can try adding a subdivision surface modifier in the modeling/sculpting software to the exported daz mesh with base resolution (but don't apply it). Then sculpt the bulge. After that you can remove the modifier. It will look weird in the base resolution but if you bring the mesh back to daz and then add daz's sub-division surfaces it should look right.

Reactions: DozingOff

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
Not 100% sure this would work. Instead of exporting or importing in high resolution, you can try adding a subdivision surface modifier in the modeling/sculpting software to the exported daz mesh with base resolution (but don't apply it). Then sculpt the bulge. After that you can remove the modifier. It will look weird in the base resolution but if you bring the mesh back to daz and then add daz's sub-division surfaces it should look right.
This does indeed work. In Blender you can't use the subdivision surface modifier without applying it, but you can use the Multiresolution modifier instead. I can increase the subdivision levels in sculpt mode while keeping it the same in object mode, allowing me to switch between them easily to see the end result. Then once I add the morph in Daz I can change the clothing mesh back to high res, as well as increase smoothing iterations.

This is the result from a quick test:
bulgetest2.png

Not perfect but already seems better than using dformers and whatnot.

Thanks for the idea.

Reactions: DozingOff

ninthelementary

Jun 30, 2020
Hello together, my first post but I hope this is helpful to some degree for you.

I kinda went through all the sites, pages and whatnot google offers for bulges. Those really good bulges you're finding were mostly made in Blender or their cocks are so huge, they will look good under thin cloth. This is a no-go for me, I prefer my my clothes and models and none of them have 40 inches between their legs. See further below, not perfect but it's easy enough for the expected result.

So I went for another stroll on the internet and I found this:

At first glance I was sceptical but 3feetwolf is a very well known creator. So I've went and bought it. It is more than helpful for the price he's asking. But you can find it on pretty much every site which offers content.

The first idea was a fishnet, then leggins and all worked quite well! Not all clothes work with this methode but most of them work just fine. Sadly I don't have any render of it, maybe I have the scenes somewhere but I had some issues with lighting and it wasn't what I was expecting.

This method gets easier every time I'm using it and I'm quite happy for "realistic" packages as bulges for my models, who got huge cocks sometimes but when they're doing their business in their fitness or private activities, those bulges are great!

I tried a more "subtile" method, my third try with this method and a little thicker cloth (I guess) and my first render I'm sharing on the internet - just render, nothing checked like hand on leg, better leg pose...):

With clothes (not perfect, you can see some problems with her balls):

With Clothes.jpg

Without clothes (maybe there is more space for the cock to stay in front of her leg, need to test):

Without Clothes.jpg

Hope it helps!

Model: Loulia For Genesis 8 Female
Genitals: Futalicious and Pumping Pole Palette (Morph I don't know anymore but it is a preset)
Clothing: dForce Axya Casual Outfit

Reactions: doku99

doku99

Mar 21, 2018
Anyone know how to just hide futalicious and not have it collide with pants at all? Just hiding it in the scene viewer obviously just makes it invisible, it still clips through the pants

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
Anyone know how to just hide futalicious and not have it collide with pants at all? Just hiding it in the scene viewer obviously just makes it invisible, it still clips through the pants
You can either turn smoothing off on the pants, or change the Fit To mode of futalicious to "None", then switch it back when you want to use it again.

Reactions: doku99